• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Repost from other thread

Didn't like what I saw.

Positives:
-No recharging shields while sprinting
-back to timing weapons
-no kill streaks
-spectator mode

Negatives:
-Sprint still in affecting map size and base speed. Look at how big Midship looked compared to older versions.
-Melee charge. When they increased melee lunge in Halo 3 it was crap.
-Ground pound
-ADS is just annoying. Old zoom is much better.
-Climbing along with sprinting and ADS make the movement pov seem like a mess.
-Thrust just seems like rolling in Reach which was a get out of jail free card. Players should be punished for putting themselves in bad positions. This will just make kill times slower which slows the game down.
-Kill cam.

Glad weapon spawns are static, don't like that the game calls out when a power weapon is respawning as that's something the player should keep track of.

halocontroller.png

Overdoziz

Banned
The localization for this game is so half-assed. Only the in-game HUD of H2A is translated to Dutch and it's broken in multiple ways. Weapon pick-up prompts not showing, score not showing in the scoreboard, Forge object names and cost not showing. Thing is that I don't even want any Dutch in my games but since MS doesn't allow people to set language separate from their region I'm fucked.

Booshka

I am coming to the re-realization that I am, in fact, awful at Halo. Can't get out of the freaking cafeteria on the Pillar of Autumn, lol.

Use Plasma weapons and grenades, the game practically gives you infinite plasma weapons and plasma nades the whole way through. They are the fastest way to kill shit outside of unshielded Pistol headshots and Power weapons.

Don't overcharge spam the Plasma Pistol either, shoot it regularly and melt some fools with a quick trigger finger.

VinFTW

Frankie confirmed Legacy control scheme, so I'm good there.

I really think they are overcomplicating a BIT too much though. Some stuff needs to be removed, imo.

Other than that, I'm in.

#weback

gonna be beta feedbacking hard though... its not perfect

FyreWulff

If you are talking about Halo CE, it's always been like that. Crouch walking is very unwieldy in Halo CE, you gotta FyreWullf your thumbstick so it doesn't input as a Running input.

I have no idea what this is :p

The localization for this game is so half-assed. Only the in-game HUD of H2A is translated to Dutch and it's broken in multiple ways. Weapon pock-up prompts not showing, score not showing in the scoreboard, Forge object names and cost not showing. Thing is that I don't even want any Dutch in my games but since MS doesn't allow people to set language separate from their region I'm fucked.

Oof.

Use Plasma weapons and grenades, the game practically gives you infinite plasma weapons and plasma nades the whole way through. They are the fastest way to kill shit outside of unshielded Pistol headshots and Power weapons.

Don't overcharge spam the Plasma Pistol either, shoot it regularly and melt some fools with a quick trigger finger.

Thanks. Switching to Classic helps as well, the Sabre visuals are... not great. It's not even a question of remaining true to the originals, they're just bad in places. Keyes, and for some reason Elites don't have shield flare? Lol. Just going to go classic, maybe switch now and then.

Glad weapon spawns are static, don't like that the game calls out when a power weapon is respawning as that's something the player should keep track of.

The game calls that out?

Weapon timing is a skill that a lot of newer players don't really pay attention to. It can help the ranking system (if there is one, I genuinely don't know) slightly because of how important power weapons are. Seems like an unnecessary change.

Really, really buggy. It skipped the new intro for Halo 2 with Locke and Arbiter, as well as the Halo 2 tutorial.

I found a Terminal, and it crashed the game on Cairio Station.

I just did a hard reset and my xbox isn't displaying an image. It just says no signal. Please, someone help.

NVM, it works now. After switching HDMI cords. Wtf.

FyreWulff

Really, really buggy. It skipped the new intro for Halo 2 with Locke and Arbiter, as well as the Halo 2 tutorial.

I found a Terminal, and it crashed the game on Cairio Station.

I just did a hard reset and my xbox isn't displaying an image. It just says no signal. Please, someone help.

I don't have a One but try unplugging the console from the wall and the power box from the console, and wait 5 minuts. This should drain the capacitors and reset any broken HDMI handshakes/flags stuck in chip memory.

Booshka

I have no idea what this is :p
You have always mentioned how there doesn't need to be a Sprint button because Thumbsticks can be used to gauge player speed on their own. So I was just applying that idea of yours to crouch walking in Halo CE. Which you actually need to do, fully pushing the stick will stand you up and start running.

I just used your username to coin the term. First time for everything.

FyreWulff

You have always mentioned how there doesn't need to be a Sprint button because Thumbsticks can be used to gauge player speed on their own. So I was just applying that idea of yours to crouch walking in Halo CE. Which you actually need to do, fully pushing the stick will stand you up and start running.

I just used your username to coin the term. First time for everything.

Okay, I should have remembered that.

And yeah, that was a weird quirk of Halo 1. Does the game let you walk with the dpad in multi?

Booshka

Okay, I should have remembered that.

And yeah, that was a weird quirk of Halo 1. Does the game let you walk with the dpad in multi?

In both Singleplayer and MP. Crouchwalking is impossible with Dpad lol, trying it now, clicking down Left thumbstick then trying to move with Dpad immediately stands you up.

yea i hate that the soldiers are talking.

Just wait until you see the elites in Halo 5 mp "Wort, wort wort!" All of it.

The game calls that out?

Weapon timing is a skill that a lot of newer players don't really pay attention to. It can help the ranking system (if there is one, I genuinely don't know) slightly because of how important power weapons are. Seems like an unnecessary change.

Yup, in the b-roll it had a spartan saying "10 seconds to power weapon drop." Or something a long those lines.

Computer

After watching the vids the fake ADS dose have a impact on being able to strafe. The strafing is little to none when scoped.

dwells

How I will react to BKs in Halo CE:

t2-choke-o.gif

I can't believe I'm about to say something remotely positive about the No Fun League (sort of), but MLG needs to follow after them and adopt a sportsmanship/excessive celebrations rule. If we want competitive gaming to be taken seriously, it's time for players to act maturely on main stage. Acting like petulant children when losing (and especially while winning) destroys any respect that competitive gamin may have garnered.

#butts

I always thought the # was there for laughs

I've noticed myself saying "butts" a lot lately. If it turns out it's because of this thread, I'm gonna need an internet break or something.

On a sidenote, I started downloading Master Chief Collection after I got home from work seven hours ago. I figured that even at half my connection speed, it would still be done before I got home with my physical copy from the midnight release. Wrong, it's not done yet. In fact, the installation just failed with a "something went wrong" error at 85%. I'd pop the disc in and play, but I'm worried that'll try to install from 0% and destroy what I have so far.

I liked last gen and the gen before it better when I got home from the Halo 2 and Halo 3 midnight releases, put them in my Xbox, and immediately got into online games. :(

RSB

Banned
Please everyone, coherently complain until traditional scope is at least an option.
Yes, they really should give us the option at least.

As I said in the other thread, if it is as it's been described, then it works pretty much like the classic zoom/scope. Just reskinned to make it look like ADS.

And if that's the case, then adding the option to use the classic scope would be pretty natural. That way everyone would be happy. If you love having half your screen obstructed by the weapon when zooming, you use the ADS style scope, if you prefer the elegance of the classic scope, then you use the classic scope. Win-win.

Tawpgun

Game has terrible UI's and tons of bugs with keeping parties together. Active roster doesn't work and mm is fucked.

Happy launch!

Hope this is all ironed out tomorrow

The Spartans talking during the game is cringe worthy. Get rid of that shit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVtOhoHe4A

Also way to much announcer as always. End game animation also cringe worthy.

MCC match making is completely broken.
My negatives towards this is Sprint. Ledge grab (wtf? Really? At least show how ledge grabbing at limited critical points on the map to make it a relevant mechanic??) and a few of the ADS cosmetics towards choosen weapons. AR with it looks fine but pistol + ads looks stupid.

Don't like the aesthetics to the Arena map in th beginning. Animations for the forward grav lifts looks stupid in-game. Ugh...

But I like what I see with SMG, Sword, and TP movements & Spartan Abilities. Big smile implementing TPs although a default to scrap Sprint would've been nice and tweaking base movement would've been waaaay better that this WIP build.

Top Bottom