• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

dwells

Did anyone spot these full scale replicas on the new Waypoint Store?

Oh my
5201p_6c_1b.jpg

Oh my GOD
5202p_14c_1b.jpg

$580 each...OMG OMG.
still want but no.

Please someone buy one and convert it into a full auto paintball hopper style gun.

You know, I get that these are limited edition and have high quality finishes and all that. But it's goddamn ridiculous to be charging $600 for a hunk of plastic made in China. I can buy a decent quality AR-15 for that price. You know, a real steel rifle that's made in the US and is built to hold up to having repeated explosions occur inside of it.

Would've been nice to see Microsoft partner up with a company not charging exploitative prices.

Oh, and the servers just can't keep up at all right now. Getting less than 1 MB/s download on the game right now. Looks like I'll probably be going to bed before I even get a chance to play the game I went to the midnight launch for. So glad I used up my last day off from work for this.

Omni

Still losing progress whenever I save and quit out of a game and resume later.

God damn. There's a lot of shit in this collection. Really could have used more polish.

Obscured

Decided to do the first level of each campaign and then see how if MP is stilled borked.

Damn these cutscenes are nice and that 60fps! It isn't like I haven't played games with it before, it just seems even smoother.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Did anyone spot these full scale replicas on the new Waypoint Store?

Oh my
5201p_6c_1b.jpg

Oh my GOD
5202p_14c_1b.jpg

$580 each...OMG OMG.
still want but no.

Please someone buy one and convert it into a full auto paintball hopper style gun.
I just realized these guns look like two dead parrots attached to each other.

FyreWulff

You cannot save film files... :(

Finally confirmed, I guess.

Posted this theory at HBO while I was banned:

My theory as to why film sharing is gone

Inter-version compatibility. Considerable work had to be done in Halo 3/Reach/4's TUs to keep old films working. The way game films work is they actually 'play' the game, and since the engine can be made to act predictably, everything explodes/blows up/hits/collides the same way. So for example in Halo 3, they actually had to fix the flying bodies bug, then go back and make it so the bug triggered if you were watching a 1.0 film. Stuff like that. In theory if they let you, you could drop into a film being played and kill the players as if you were actually playing against them, but then the film would break. In the same vein, if you make the Carbine fire more slowly, or change the damage or animations of a gun or a vehicle, the old films will too, and they'll desync pretty quick.

Anyway. I'm guessing they want to be able to patch the MCC at a whim, and not have to maintain film compatibility between versions, so the feature dies. This is the sanest, cleanest theory I can think of. If films can be loaded and show up in recents, that makes the actual files themselves are being generated. And they're the same as normal film files, so it's not the film format breaking, they exist. The engine doesn't care if you're loading the film from recents or saved, it's the same data. The only reason I can think of that you're not allowed to keep them is that compatibility issue. Every other file type can still be shared. Screenshots are just jpgs, no compat patches needed. Game types are set in stone and 4's gametypes already support new dynamic data being added, so no issues there. You can change the actual .map file and a Forge variant won't care, as long as the internal names match, so no issues there either.

Live dropped me out of that game. Classic Halo as I remember it.

Good games everybody. Looking forward to all the games over the next year+...hopefully MM will be fixed by then.

Still losing progress whenever I save and quit out of a game and resume later.

God damn. There's a lot of shit in this collection. Really could have used more polish.

Right now its totally broken for me. Campaign scenes were skipping in Halo 3 and it has a lot of stuttering.

Also, fuck that ground pound. One hit kills should be power weapons only. Look what happens when everyone has a one kill hit, how is that working out in Destiny?

RSB

Banned
After having watched the videos, it's pretty clear sprint is as awful as ever. It will always have a negative impact on the flow of Halo's combat and the overall map design (Midship is huge now) They could just increase the base movement speed (which would also benefit the strafe, and make the battles more fun) but no, we have to see sprint fail for a third time. Never learn.

And that ledge grabbing ability is so stupid. If a player misses a jump, they should fall, and that's it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have vibration disabled in the in-game settings but it's still on. I can't play the game like this, lol.

Madness

Just got back. Installing game and patch. Heard everything is shit right now from matchmaking to UI. Seems like it'll take all night just to get patch going.

Never going physical again. Pretty shitty launch night. Reminding me of Gears of War 2.

Eh. Some things are good some things can be changed to make it better. My views:

- Don't have the outside hashes of all weapons be faded out: This really bothered me for some reason, felt like with the outside hashes in it would be a lot easier to see when an enemy is in your shooting range.

- Don't love the Smart Scope for the rifles, but its workable (seriously some of the complaining on this is a bit much at times) and if it doesn't change the gameplay like ADS does, I don't see a big problem.

- Where sights make no sense to me for is the assault rifle and even SMG: these are meant as "spray n pray" kinda weapons, having a sight for it or more precision scope kinda takes that base aspect out for me. Seeing as it is preached that the hipfire accuracy of the weapons is just as good, it would not make a difference if zoomed in anyways, so why even have it at all.

- Game does seem slow on camera, but come beta is when I will test it for myself.

- Hope this idea of equal starts carries over to most base gametypes (especially BTB): don't want custom loadouts or ordnance or anything. If there's a dedicated infinity playlist then sure people can go there.

- Is there a zoom out animation on the thruster, sometimes it seems to zoom out in gameplay and sometimes it doesn't can't tell for sure.

- Ground Pound just seems a little out of place but the other stuff works along with the thruster pack to me, which does seem awesome, hopefully all that is more fleshed out.

That's about it, seems fun but slow at times (seems to be slightly recurring theme this gen), can't wait for more. For now MCC!

Eh. Some things are good some things can be changed to make it better. My views:

- Don't have the outside hashes of all weapons be faded out: This really bothered me for some reason, felt like with the outside hashes in it would be a lot easier to see when an enemy is in your shooting range.

- Don't love the Smart Scope for the rifles, but its workable (seriously some of the complaining on this is a bit much at times) and if it doesn't change the gameplay like ADS does, I don't see a big problem.

- Where sights make no sense to me for is the assault rifle and even SMG: these are meant as "spray n pray" kinda weapons, having a sight for it or more precision scope kinda takes that base aspect out for me. Seeing as it is preached that the hipfire accuracy of the weapons is just as good, it would not make a difference if zoomed in anyways, so why even have it at all.

- Game does seem slow on camera, but come beta is when I will test it for myself.

- Hope this idea of equal starts carries over to most base gametypes (especially BTB): don't want custom loadouts or ordnance or anything. If there's a dedicated infinity playlist then sure people can go there.

- Is there a zoom out animation on the thruster, sometimes it seems to zoom out in gameplay and sometimes it doesn't can't tell for sure.

- Ground Pound just seems a little out of place but the other stuff works along with the thruster pack to me, which does seem awesome, hopefully all that is more fleshed out.

That's about it, seems fun but slow at times (seems to be slightly recurring theme this gen), can't wait for more. For now MCC!

I think there might be loadouts and ordinance.

Longo was quick to emphasize that this is an “arena beta,” saying, “Halo 5 has other multiplayer experiences within it, not just arena.” So will we get a taste of vehicles and larger-scale combat in a second beta closer to release? Anyone got a Magic 8 Ball I can shake?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/we-played-the-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-and

Holmes said that ordinance wasn't in Arena, so I think it is still in the game , but not in arena.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's really hard to tell how much shields Elites have in the H2A campaign... It's really bad. I'm playing in classic for that reason alone.

You got to turn off the trigger vibration as well.
I don't see an option for that. Is it a console wide option or an in-game option?

Pop

I don't see the Destiny comparisons at all.

This is next gen Halo, the way it should be. They did in fact learn from Halo 4. It feels like a natural evolution from Halo 3.

This is how I feel.

Looked great too me, has me excited for the beta. You know it was balanced, everyone on even starts. Hip fire looked great, abilities weren't overpowered(maybe thrusters are a little), power weapons on timers. Sprint trade off is really neat.

Top Bottom