• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Played through the Pillar of Autumn and wow the frame rate increase is just amazing! Can't wait to play through every other mission now! Also I managed to get one game of slayer on warlord in and H2A is feeling great! Gonna call it a night though and go hard tomorrow after my morning class.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So MM is down?

Who has room for customs?
I could use an invite, too. I was in a Halo 3 match earlier but backed out because I couldn't figure out how to turn off trigger vibration and it was freaking me out, lol.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Lol j/k. I just started H2A. These cutscenes.

hYyYZsu.gif

Where is my Halo 5 footage?? :D

I slept straight through the reveal... I need a quick summary, good, bad, #weback?

I'm going to be ridiculously optimistic and say that #wesortaback,yeah

Compared to the response to the leak, people have been borderline positive. Not gushing, by any stretch of the imagination, but I've only seen a few declare that the sky is falling, which is definitely an improvement.

I think... we might be okay.

I don't like the chatter between the troops. Jeff's voice is the only voice I want to hear from the game :/

I'd be okay with it if I can turn it off. It'd be a great learning tool for new players, but I could see it getting grating after you learn how to do callouts, weapon spawns, etc.

dwells

Lol, almost 1 hour and half since I got game, still at 35 percent install.

I've been downloading since 5:00 PM, 2:30 AM now - the servers don't seem to be able to pump out more than 400 KBps right now, which is absurd.. Went to the midnight launch to buy my physical copy, haven't gotten to play yet. Joy.

WHERE IS MY GOD DAMN HALO CE PLAYLIST.

You know that we want it, you bring it back for us... And then you refuse to give the game it's own playlist? That's some serial killer shit right there 343i. Who does that, I don't even understand the logic. If the playlist fails on its own THEN merge it.

Maybe first fix match making, or you know... At least aknowledge it.

Booshka

WHERE IS MY GOD DAMN HALO CE PLAYLIST.

You know that we want it, you bring it back for us... And then you refuse to give the game it's own playlist? That's some serial killer shit right there 343i. Who does that, I don't even understand the logic. If the playlist fails on its own THEN merge it.

Maybe first fix match making, or you know... At least aknowledge it.
There are some dedicated CE players on Twitch that are playing Customs if you are itching to play, I know you shouldn't have to rely on Twitch customs, but the option is there.
I'm sorry, but this is pathetic. How can something as simple as matchmaking be completely broken?
Matchmaking is not simple.

Source

Why can't we get a nice, clean sounding Jeff Steitzer voice like we did in the Halo 1-3 days? He sounds better in Halo 5 than he did in Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary at least. And the spartan chatter is lame.

Madness

Why can't we get a nice, clean sounding Jeff Steitzer voice like we did in the Halo 1-3 days? He sounds better in Halo 5 than he did in Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary at least. And the spartan chatter is lame.

BRO, YOU NEED THAT GRITTY ROBOTIC AI VOICE BRO. PLUS YOU ALSO NEED THAT PAT ON THE BACK CHATTER. HOW ELSE WILL YOU KNOW YOU PULLED OFF A SWEET ASS DOUBLE KILL HEADSHOT! YOLO! 420BLAZEIT!

Ein Bear

I'm still very conflicted about ADS.

They assure us it's entirely optional, and that hip fire is still just as accurate... But everyone seems to be using it an awful lot in all the footage.

Am going to wait until I play the beta myself to cast judgement. Eveything else is looking good.

BradC00

They assure us it's entirely optional, and that hip fire is still just as accurate... But everyone seems to be using it an awful lot in all the footage.

Am going to wait until I play the beta myself to cast judgement. Eveything else is looking good.

its optional just like the BR scope is optional. you don't have to use it but you will be getting rekt by people who will be using it.

is it me or did they up the playlists from 4v4 to 5v5...?

jem0208

Interesting. Just watched a bunch of videos.

Not really sure how I feel. Obviously have to wait until I play for a proper judgement but at the moment I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm not too bothered by the visual redesign for scope. Interested to see how much of an impact being able to scope with all weapons will have. The aesthetic design of some of the scopes looks pretty cool, the BR and pistol especially. However I do hope they add the option to toggle it off.

Some of the movement systems look great. It actually doesn't seem like its as big a departure as I thought it would be. The pro game looked as tactical as ever and the thruster packs look like they'll significantly add to the skill gap. Still unsure about ground pound but from how it's balanced it seems it may work.

I don't like the Spartans calling stuff out, cheesy and unnecessary. The announcer sounds even more annoying than in H2A. Seriously, clean him up a bit. I also don't like how the announcer also shouts out when weapons are going to spawn.

I'm on the whole somewhat positive. I'm also very surprised other people are positive.

It's definitely not classic core Halo gameplay. It looks like it could be a tonne of fun though.

I really don't see how it's any different to scope beyond how it looks.

Trey

It's like, instead of making drawbacks for sprint, just take sprint out.

Make people move quickly and feel powerful and the rest will work itself out.

jem0208

Nothing is ever optional. They give you the illusion it's optional. Matchmaking will be their way or the highway. Besides, they're designing the game around this ADS zoom, no way in hell it won't be dominant and based around it. People who use traditional will probably get rekt. I don't even care. Salty as hell after watching that video. Everything about it screams, how can we move on from Halo 4 but still push our vision and grab the CoD kids. That Spartan chatter and things like "power weapons are coming", ledge climbing if you miss jumps, etc.

It'll sell like hotcakes, but I'm almost certain it's going to be a repeat of Halo 4 again.
I don't see how the scoping is different from classic scoping?

Source

Alright, I installed the game disc to 100%. Then it said I need to download that 15GB update. And it is installing that update. But am I locked out of playing the campaigns while this download is going? I can't find a way to play or to cancel the update so I can play. This is frustrating stuff. With my connection it's going to take ~7 hours to download the update.

I think so. It has a scope too.

It's a light rifle or at least a new scoped weapon, but I'm sure it is a light rifle.

I don't see how the scoping is different from classic scoping?

No much different, but nearly every weapon has it like the SMG and AR. I'm sure that does change the gameplay. When I looked at the gameplay it looked like it decreased bloom on the AR and pistol . I think the new sword has the ability to lunge further when using it I think.

jem0208

No much different, but nearly every weapon has it like the SMG and AR. I'm sure that does change the gameplay. I think the new sword has the ability to lunge further when using it I think.
Yeah, that's the only substantial gameplay difference. I'm not sure it's really going to have that big of an impact though. You're not going to be cross map shooting with the AR.

Top Bottom