• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

VinFTW

Just the right age

bE0kd5EE3oac0.gif

*Start a blood ritual to summon Stinkles*

Franky: can we set the text language and voice language independently in MCC? Like I want to play in Traditional Chinese text but English voice over?

Ramirez

Meh, I'm still fine with AR/SMG starts on small maps where the weapon can actually be worth half a crap. But BR starts are pretty much essential on anything that's mid/large sized.

Past a certain skill gap though, they become useless in a scenario where the other team has a setup with BRs.

Anyways, that's a ten year old argument. It's just my opinion that starting a game with a weapon with no range/headshot capability is just flat out bad design.

Past a certain skill gap though, they become useless in a scenario where the other team has a setup with BRs.

Anyways, that's a ten year old argument. It's just my opinion that starting a game with a weapon with no range/headshot capability is just flat out bad design.
Opinion or fact proven through years of experience?

Shit, TOTP50pppMR again. Uhh,
#CElitism
Halo.png

Sephzilla

Don't get me wrong, I prefer BR starts.

Computer

If I pre-order The Masterchief Collection digitally on Xbox, will I have to wait until it hits 12:01 AM Pacific time, in order to play it? I don't want to wait 2 hours :|

When I pre loaded Destiny I stayed up till midnight my time to play. Only to find out the game release was based on west cost time zone. I was not going to wait till 3am. I really hope they fix this.

Omni

Just release a 1080p 60fps video of a full length Halo 3 multiplayer match please.

Was this posted? http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...for-windows-devices-and-steam-ign-first?watch

Kind of a
Sequel to Halo: Spartan Assault
Awful.

I'm curious to see how this plays out. I probably won't buy it after Spartan Assault and how shitty that was in regards to in game purchases at launch, but the whole Prometheans interests me. I hope they don't cheapen Halo 4's introduction which was pretty good.
Awful.

Okay I gotta say, it's looking pretty damn good. Fuel Rod sounds like someone is hitting a pot with a spoon which is a little distracting but aside from that the whole package is very nice. Was hoping for a little sneak at a different campaign level though I guess you gotta keep some stuff under wraps.

Everything but the Hunter's fuel rod cannon looked great to me. It looked like a homing plasma rifle shot. Looked incredibly lame and underpowered to me.

Wonder why they thought that was fitting? The hunters look amazing, but the gun needs to be a big blast...it indicates it's power, especially considering they can one shot you in legendary.
Awful.

That's certainly something. I'm hoping for place holder.
It is per player but
RandomRosso will think it's bullshit because those unseen medals on other player's screens are an affront to the pureness of the universe.
Hey!

I don't hate everything, you know. Medals don't bother me except for how much space they take up. Maybe I've been more negative lately. /shrugs. Haven't noticed. Only thing I've really complained about in this collection is the lack of Breaking Benjamin and Coag's new colour pallet. But it's hard not to be perhaps a little vocal after playing the original for so many years and literally growing up with it.

belushy

Banned
10726466_10203088568199322_2113195684_n.jpg

Goldenboy just posted that... do you guys think it could be in relation to:

10728810_10203088568599332_696009112_n.jpg

ESPORTS™

Interesting... most people are assuming Ogre and his squad are being under CLG, but a complete twitch sponsorship could be interesting. I don't think the tweets are related, though. Maybe twitch/343/ESL are going to announce a new tournament or something.

Awful.

I'm curious to see how this plays out. I probably won't buy it after Spartan Assault and how shitty that was in regards to in game purchases at launch, but the whole Prometheans interests me. I hope they don't cheapen Halo 4's introduction which was pretty good.

We don't want them to look like robots, because they're not robots, but...they totally look like robots.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Awful.

Awful.

Okay I gotta say, it's looking pretty damn good. Fuel Rod sounds like someone is hitting a pot with a spoon which is a little distracting but aside from that the whole package is very nice. Was hoping for a little sneak at a different campaign level though I guess you gotta keep some stuff under wraps.

Awful.

That's certainly something. I'm hoping for place holder.

Hey!

I don't hate everything, you know. Medals don't bother me except for how much space they take up. Maybe I've been more negative lately. /shrugs. Haven't noticed. Only thing I've really complained about in this collection is the lack of Breaking Benjamin and Coag's new colour pallet. But it's hard not to be perhaps a little vocal after playing the original for so many years and literally growing up with it.

Breaking Benjamin is still there for classic tho, so you could make it a personal challenge to always switch back for that track!

darthbob

Breaking Benjamin is still there for classic tho, so you could make it a personal challenge to always switch back for that track!

What happens if you switch mid track? Does it finish the track and then load the next song for either Anniversary of Classic depending on which mode you switched to?

belushy

Banned
So no esport announcements tonight? Meh...

I'll try and tune in Cyren, will it be up on Youtube after?

edit:

I think you'll like what's coming! If I'm thinking of the right thing, that is.

Hype has returned then. Hopefully something does get announced.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I dunno why people keep asking about the breaking benjamin track.

The most important track in the game is incubus - follow

JoeDanny

So I just had a fun idea

Why not have a Blood Gulch/Coagulation remake at night, and call it Blood Moon?

It'd have the same layout, but the theme would be a Sandtrap/Sandbox-styled excavation site with the big light towers illuminating the map. There would be blue lights shining on blue base and red lights on red base, with normal white lights on the middle. Then there'd be a lunar eclipse in the sky for a red moon. Fun idea

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
More e-sports stuff? Getting a bit over-done already.

Nah.

Im still waiting on complete esports integration right down to leagues being integrated directly into games/console dashboards. You can force gamertags at that level and with every device recording gameplay, you could streamline dispute and broadcast process. I remember our short lived Halo 2 CAL-O NeoGAF clan running into issues when we were cheated on (dropping oddball through floor on warlock multiple times) and that process was so messy.

End to end integration is the future. Even though I've been pushing for it constantly since XBL beta... still nothing.

Ummmmmm....Can we all just take a moment and absorb how absolutely unfriggenbelievably gorgeous this is:

gamescom-2014-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-map-1-command-center-f407beb1b4c34f3297ce6ceed431fc68-677f3249367244f6baf9987056f0f369.jpg

They have the Halo ring in the distance, the hallways looked nice and widened providing more freedom of movement...

Actually looks alien, yet still distinctly covenant. *drool*

For more pics: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one

I am still unsure if they are using GI or not. It's been bothering me.

GhaleonEB

I thought teasing you know something and not telling was a ban on the ole NeoGAF?

Context matters, but in general if you know something and can't talk about it, not talking about it is a pretty good idea. Speculating is one thing, jerking everyone around is another.

VinFTW

What tomorrow's reveal on that ign thingy-ma-jigga?

Fair warning for tomorrow's coverage, though I can't imagine it will head off the "IGN sucks" posts much anyway:

Tomorrow's feature isn't for you guys. It's called "Halo: The Master Chief Collection's 8 Maps You've Probably Never Played" and it's a look at the six Halo PC and two Halo 2 Vista maps included in MCC that the less-hardcore-than-you-guys Halo fans have likely never seen.

Deep dive on Coag Anniversary (i.e. Bloodline) with Max Hoberman on Friday, then Halo 3 and 4 footage (my god...Halo 4 at 1080p/60fps impressed the hell out of me) next week, among other things.

Bullshit. Competitive halo has had to sit out for the fucking casuals for far too long. Sit the fuck down.

Normally you're too "HARDCOREFUCKYOURAGE" for me, but I have to say.

tumblr_musauaDYyL1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Holy shit Ragnarok, rokt. People on this eSports hate train are bizarre.
Ummmmmm....Can we all just take a moment and absorb how absolutely unfriggenbelievably gorgeous this is:

gamescom-2014-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-map-1-command-center-f407beb1b4c34f3297ce6ceed431fc68-677f3249367244f6baf9987056f0f369.jpg

They have the Halo ring in the distance, the hallways looked nice and widened providing more freedom of movement...

Actually looks alien, yet still distinctly covenant. *drool*

For more pics: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one
I'm not really as wow'd by this as most people are. It's too dark and still not enough color diversity, nor does that color really pop out as appealing IMO. Still very early, but people are crazy in love with it lol.

Top Bottom