• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Cow

Did we see this? Campaign Leaderboard Reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQDmWlUcTbU

Far out, 343 you are doing great. I've never seen the community so universally positive. Reading reactions on various forums and videos, everyone is excited. My old halo team slayer / doubles partner messaged me the other day telling me he's picking up an XB1 just for this. I just can't wait now. There may be nitpicking here and there but that really is all it is and some people will never be pleased. These are going to be a painful few weeks, and on top of the wait for MCC I have exams to study for, I'm going to fail.

Agreed.

I still want to know what people think of that pistol w/scope from the IGN rewind of the Halo 5 Beta First look.

The Halo 1 pistol might be a power weapon? That's my speculation, at least.

The Pistol as a Power Weapon is something I was an advocate for at one point, but it would be more effective IMO if they just returned to AR/Pistol starts, which could also be the solution to the "SMG starts in 2014" debate.

AR/Pistol (4sk) starts and change the BR to be a better weapon with less aim assist, tighter spread, 3sk, and the rest of the sandbox accordingly. If they didn't have to worry about balancing the Boltshot for loadouts, it could've been a cool new pick-up to the Halo sandbox, but now everyone just hates it because of how it was implemented, similar to Promethean Vision. If you have a powerful starting set that could take out Power Weapons with skill and precision, then the rest of the sandbox is designed around a concept of power (ie: compare Halo 3 Rockets to CE Rockets) and viability (ie: unique weapon traits like the Plasma Rifle stun), which leads to more creativity and in turn a better experience, IMO. I felt too weak as an individual player after CE as the sandbox continually got either weaker or more redundant.
MCC is just on fan service overdrive. What else could they possibly to make this collection better?
Give us Halo CE.
Too soon?

Okay fine:
Combat Evolved 2

Welfare

Oh man, the rest of October is going to be so good. Leaderboards are finally in!

But will there be one for Multiplayer?

Mix

In the video it appeared that there was an option to change the filter from friends to global

Up on the top right it looks like hitting X will switch you to global or something else other than just friends and Y switches between Solo or Coop

y5Ok7Mp.png

singhr1

What would an MP one include? KD and Win/Loss and stuff?

I guess now since it uses the Halo 2 Rankings... that. Leaderboards for each playlist displaying rank, K/D, games won. They had MP leaderboards in Halo 4 with CSR and stuff but only on the web app of course.

Holy crap, they have splits built right in? That is amazing.

yeah...the splits thing...that's absolutely incredible. It goes from red, green, and to blue. Just like they do it on twitch.

I don't preorder games, but your good will and amazing work on this is gonna make me pre-order Halo 5.

I'm feeling legit bad they are offering this for only $60. LOL

Omni

Best feature ever. Of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

I like what they've added. Very cool! I remember being a bit disappointed because they removed campaign scoring and whatnot in Halo 4. Achievement linking is awesome too. I was worried I'd have to keep flicking through lists to figure out what I need to do

Slight tangent: There's something that annoys me with the UI. It's like, where's the uniformity? Every menu looks different and they don't really line up with each other. Nitpicking here of course, but it seems a bit odd. Perhaps it feels better when you're actually using it. Whatever the case, not a big deal

King Leo

Neo Member
This is how to keep players invested in your game. 343 is doing absolutely everything right this time. Honestly this could prove to be one of my greatest Halo experiences to date (even though I'm much older now). :p

MCC is just on fan service overdrive. What else could they possibly to make this collection better?

Blur cinematic cutscenes for CEA. I presume Halo 3 will get them in 2.5 years.

These Halo 2 cutscenes look like absolute perfection. Heres to hoping that it brings a hype level worthy of greenlighting a CG film. Halo Legends was a 343I project, correct? I'd give both of my testicles for a CGI film based from first contact with the Covenant, all the way through the fall of Reach. It could serve as a prequel to the live action movie... if and when that ever happens.

I feel like this would only encourage boosting/cheating.

This was the excuse for getting rid of H2's leaderboards, but the reality is that shit happens anyway in almost every game. Maybe make it friends only? But on the other hand, I've played plenty of other games where the leaderboards worked great for global scores and whatnot. A tiny bit of maintenance and anti-cheating measures goes a long way.

VinFTW

I really wish they would take out grenade hit-markers and grenade indicators in H2A (and H5 if they plan to keep it).

Random thought.

I really wish they would take out grenade hit-markers and grenade indicators in H2A (and H5 if they plan to keep it).

Random thought.

The thing is, grenades can have "indicators" without smacking you in the face with another HUD element. A Plasma Grenade is a glowing blue ball that hisses. Isn't that enough?

VinFTW

The thing is, grenades can have "indicators" without smacking you in the face with another HUD element. A Plasma Grenade is a glowing blue ball that hisses. Isn't that enough?

That's what I'm saying, I LOVE THAT.

The glow of the frag in H2, the ping, ping, ping in H3...

That's all you need to know if its near you.

As far as hit-markers, that's really going to be abused and change how we play Halo in a very bad way.

Top Bottom