• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

TheOddOne

Silky be like
kttcolishaq

He played ya'll
kttcolimjpls

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Your sarcasm is not lost on me, but 50 people quote him and you pick me to say something to, lol.

Cause you replied in the form of something other than a wall of animated gifs. Thought, perhaps you had something worthwhile to offer.

VinFTW

I actually don't remember my first game in Halo 3 (not in beta)... Hmm...

I'll never forget my first game in Halo 2. Was head to head on Lockout. Dominated that fool with the sword.

Ramirez

Cause you replied in the form of something other than a wall of animated gifs. Thought, perhaps you had something worthwhile to offer.

I didn't even mean that post as an insult towards 343. The sad truth, whether that guy was joking or not, is that some people actually believe SMG/AR starts are the proper way to play BTB.

You guys have to cater to everyone, and I get that. Thus why I temper my hype, because I know I'm gonna have to probably play a lot of shit I don't want to in MCC.

I mean, it goes without saying, I'm gonna play more MCC than 90% of people on this forum, I'm loyal to a fault when it comes to Halo.

Woorloog

Banned
Spartan Ops is the only part of a Halo game I didn't finish or play much of. Now, if Spartan Ops was just a feature of Firefight (AI scripting, Drop Pods, etc.), then that would've been exponentially more attractive ;]

Halo 5

I have a better idea: Historical scenarios. From books and new ones, perhaps even the Chief's campaign missions (ie the Spartan IVs study and "play through" the missions to learn).

I think I know what this is about! :D

Ogre 2 is probably the main character of Halo 5. Good way to kill off master chief.

IGN, Gamespot...TAKE NOTE! Make a bunch of articles and video discussions on false information, get paid for advertisements, and then quote Frankie 10 days after he already corrects me. Hire me, I know what's up.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I didn't even mean that post as an insult towards 343. The sad truth, whether that guy was joking or not, is that some people actually believe SMG/AR starts are the proper way to play BTB.

You guys have to cater to everyone, and I get that. Thus why I temper my hype, because I know I'm gonna have to probably play a lot of shit I don't want to in MCC.

I mean, it goes without saying, I'm gonna play more MCC than 90% of people on this forum, I'm loyal to a fault when it comes to Halo.

There's a lot of people that think SMG/AR starts are the default deal across the board. It's Bungies fault for rolling that out originally.

DJ Gunner

I actually don't remember my first game in Halo 3 (not in beta)... Hmm...

I'll never forget my first game in Halo 2. Was head to head on Lockout. Dominated that fool with the sword.

Same here- my first H2 game was after the midnight release, Rumble Shotguns on Midship and I won handily.

I also just checked my H3 stats- besides having an abysmal k/d (1.3ish), the Laser was my 6th used weapon in the game- even more than the shotgun.

GLORIOUS LASER

u1ddNN3.jpg

Bah.
haha
I have a better idea: Historical scenarios. From books and new ones, perhaps even the Chief's campaign missions (ie the Spartan IVs study and "play through" the missions to learn).
Sounds like a good addition, as it doesn't really replace the idea of what I mentioned. If Firefight is to return, it would be awesome if we could tell the AI what to do and dictate where battles happen, etc.

Not saying for us to craft our own narratives with cutscenes and text (although that would be slick for Machinima), but to better allow for custom Firefight experiences.

Sephzilla

Meh, I'm still fine with AR/SMG starts on small maps where the weapon can actually be worth half a crap. But BR starts are pretty much essential on anything that's mid/large sized.

Nowise10

If I pre-order The Masterchief Collection digitally on Xbox, will I have to wait until it hits 12:01 AM Pacific time, in order to play it? I don't want to wait 2 hours :|

Halo 1 - Chill out 1v1

Halo 2 - FFA Lockout

Halo 3 beta - FFA Territories on Valhalla

Halo 3 - FFA Guardian

Halo Reach beta - TS powerhouse

Halo Reach - BTB Paradiso (ewwwww)

Halo 4 - dunno

pacman85

If I pre-order The Masterchief Collection digitally on Xbox, will I have to wait until it hits 12:01 AM Pacific time, in order to play it? I don't want to wait 2 hours :|
I think only Frankie or Tashi could reply and know the answer to this for sure but most games in the past few weeks that have been available for digital pre-ordering/pre-loading say they are playable at 12AM Eastern time so there's that. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere MS saying it was up to the makers of the game what time it was available so here's hoping 343 chooses 12AM Easter and not Pacific!

Top Bottom