• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Happy for UK friends

2fd7f428d9a69d2ae4ce4ee40f0c038e.png

Fuck yeah, I get to dong on all the weird Americans.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wording to me says none of the MP is on the disc, it's all in the update.

MCC out of the box is campaign only, in other words.

"with some features and multiplayer content being added via the update."

I read that as some of the features and some of the multiplayer content being added. I'd have to assume all offline stuff is on the disc.

ultimota

"with some features and multiplayer content being added via the update."

I read that as some of the features and some of the multiplayer content being added. I'd have to assume all offline stuff is on the disc.

if its all of the multiplayer.....i pity anyone running a tournament.

more specifically the poor souls who have to do the updates on the boxes

KevinG

So what's going to be the best preorder route? As in, cheapest? I see the Microsoft online store is offering a $10 gift card with purchase. Hoping the digital preorder offers something similar.

VinFTW

Pretty depressing that the words "gross" "fuck you to people" "cut corners" and "cheap bastards" are being thrown around on the gaming side.

Can't get excited for much around here without something being turned into a massive negative and trashed.

willow ve

Shit. 65GB download is crazy. It all boils down to how much bandwidth MS is willing to push.

Currently on my 50Mbps connection the downloads on my 360 plateau around 3Mbps. That's due to MS not pushing more data (streaming HD video pulls more data per second for comparison).

Unless they can fully saturate all connections this 20GB patch on day one is going to be a massive train wreck.

Akai__

Shit. 65GB download is crazy. It all boils down to how much bandwidth MS is willing to push.

Currently on my 50Mbps connection the downloads on my 360 plateau around 3Mbps. That's due to MS not pushing more data (streaming HD video pulls more data per second for comparison).

Unless they can fully saturate all connections this 20GB patch on day one is going to be a massive train wreck.

Don't worry, the servers will be down anyways. :p

I hope not.

Pretty depressing that the words "gross" "fuck you to people" "cut corners" and "cheap bastards" are being thrown around on the gaming side.

Can't get excited for much around here without something being turned into a massive negative and trashed.

What? Why? What's there to complain about.

SHEESH

EDIT: Ahhh I see. People with bad internet connections are upset. I can understand why they are demanding a 2 disk version. But to be fair, it sounds like everything you need for offline play is right there in the disk, so it's not like someone who doesn't have internet is severely missing out. That's the impression I gather anyways.

VinFTW

So what I'm gathering is that if 343 put the 20gb day one patch up for disc owners to preload, then that solves the problem for most people. Not sure how it'll solve it for people without internet though.

Whatever, I guess I'll try not to focus on all this negativity but it's a shame that the game going gold turns into a shit fest.

Laws00

okay i have a question

one that may have been answered

when i get this master chief collection multiplayer will I be:

playing each halo games individual multilayer maps

or

will I be playing on I guess halo 4 multilayer system with all the maps

and last

does having this game effect your halo 3 or halo 4 stats or will they be on different servers or something?

FyreWulff

okay i have a question

or

and last

does having this game effect your halo 3 or halo 4 stats or will they be on different servers or something?

Halo 1 on the Halo PC multiplayer engine
Halo 2 on the Halo 2 PC multiplayer engine
Halo 3 on the Halo 3 mp engine
Halo 4 on the Halo 4 MP engine
Halo 2 Anniversary MP is on some Halo 4++ engine

Nothing carries over from the 360

Netprints

okay i have a question

or

and last

Each halo game on their own engine. So all halo ce maps with halo ce engine. Halo 2 maps on their own engine. Halo 2 Anniversary on its own engine. Halo 3 on its own engine....etc.

I believe the stats will be separate. I don't know if they actually said anything about this yet.

Laws00

Halo 1 on the Halo PC multiplayer engine
Halo 2 on the Halo 2 PC multiplayer engine
Halo 3 on the Halo 3 mp engine
Halo 4 on the Halo 4 MP engine
Halo 2 Anniversary MP is on some Halo 4++ engine

Nothing carries over from the 360

yyoo thank you

was wondering that for awhile

wwm0nkey

Halo CE: 500MB+ (PC)
Halo CEA: 6.7gigs
Halo 2: 4.4gigs
Halo 2 Map Pack: 424MB
Halo 2 Blastacular and PC Maps Unknown MB
Halo 2 Anniversary: Unknown
Halo 3: 5.72gigs
Halo 3 DLC: 1.65gigs
Halo 4: 16gigs
Halo 4 DLC: 1.95 gigs.

So around 37 gigs not counting Halo 2 Anniversary which I can see easily filling it up to 45gigs. Something tells me the patch will still leave the game at 45gigs and just replace some files.

*All info was gathered from torrent sites and xbox.com

TTUVAPOR

Banned
That 20 GB update is going to suck. At least we can play campaign in the meantime, although I would have preferred a second disc.

If the game officially releases at midnight November 11, then if your Xbox One is in the low powered state, wouldn't it automatically update...if you don't plan on staying up the entire night? By morning time, it would be updated, or say by the time you get off work in the afternoon of November 11? I just don't want to have to come home and then wait for a 20GB download.

I think there's something fucky with the Xbox store website. It says it'll unlock at 12:01 Australian Eastern Daylight Time for me (I'm in the UK, and on the UK store).

Is this a placeholder?

*Online multiplayer and some features require Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately); timed exclusive, may be available later on other platforms.

**Halo 5: Guardians sold separately; release date not yet announced. Halo: Nightfall: 5 episode live action series is streaming only, with episodes releasing on a weekly basis. Xbox One or Windows 8.1 and broadband internet required; ISP fees apply. Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta requires the Halo: The Master Chief Collection game disc. The Limited Beta Starts: December 29, 2014; Ends: January 18, 2015. Must be 17+. Xbox One, broadband internet (ISP fees apply) and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required. Halo: Nightfall and Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta dates, content, and features subject to change.

Fracas

#fuckonami
When does the pre-order option go up for MCC? Says its unavailable

edit: and major nelson just now tweeted it's up. rad

Really debating between digital and physical.

I want to have the disc because I have the discs for all the other Halo games...

...but digital is so damn convenient. And I know I am never going to want to sell this thing.

Hmmm

Glassboy

I want to have the disc because I have the discs for all the other Halo games...

...but digital is so damn convenient. And I know I am never going to want to sell this thing.

Hmmm

I'm going both. I got to support the practice of throwing everything fans could have wanted and more in one package.

Netprints

Hmmm

I thought the same thing. But being able to just load into halo with out a disc is awesome. I figured I still have the disc of all the halos so I can still go back and play them on their original consoles if I wanted to.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh man I have to check if I have enough space, will go Digital and physical probably, I just want to have sonething on the shelf for special games but I also want to preload.

Top Bottom