• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Akai__

LTTP, but I agree on Karl's medal post.

I ignored Halo 4's medals, too. When you get 5-6 medals for one kill, you just lose track of what actually happened. I still check Halo 3's post match screen, in order to see medals and other stats of course. In Halo 4? I don't even remember, if I did that at all.

And seeing that Sniper Headshot medal makes me sad, that it isn't in Halo 4 or in Halo 2 Anniversary. :/

iMax

You mean the compression? Pretty sure that was an intentional stylistic choice. Personally, even if Cortana is inside Chief's head, it sounded weird to have her sound like she was coming at you through a long tube.

No, it sounded completely muffled to shit. Like everything was happening within a crumpled paper bag. If that was stylised, god help us.

m23

I'm gonna be so bad at the game when it releases lol. It's been way too long since I played Halo, let alone a good mp fps game. Last one was Titanfall, might need to practice some Halo soon.

GoDs DeMoNaToR

Neo Member
As if we didn't have enough to play in December with the MCC and Halo 5 beta, I guess 343 releasing Halo: Spartan Strike is going to keep me busy at work then...

Booties

Banned
LTTP, but I agree on Karl's medal post.

I ignored Halo 4's medals, too. When you get 5-6 medals for one kill, you just lose track of what actually happened. I still check Halo 3's post match screen, in order to see medals and other stats of course. In Halo 4? I don't even remember, if I did that at all.

And seeing that Sniper Headshot medal makes me sad, that it isn't in Halo 4 or in Halo 2 Anniversary. :/

This is so very true. In halo 3 I would look at every single medal after almost every single match. People would brag about having "scrollers" because they had so many unique medals. Now it's just way too much crap and I never look at it. They went overload with it. People liked it a lot and they just assumed more was better. More is never better, better is better.

TheOddOne

- XBWIRE: Halo: The Master Chief Collection: We are Golden
This is a massive milestone for the team and also means that the game will be available for Pre-Order and Pre-Download later today. I couldn’t be more excited to start having fans grab this game online so everyone can hit the ground running on release day! The team has been working incredibly hard to make this happen, so we’re all eager for you to play this labor of love.
From the start, our philosophy has been to give Halo fans the best possible experience and not compromise the quality or features of the collection. The result is that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will take up almost all of the usable space of a single Blu-ray (45 GB), and we will also issue a content update at launch that is estimated to be 20 GB. You’ll be able to start playing Campaign and more as the content is installing, with some features and multiplayer content being added via the update. Yes, the update is large, but we weren’t about to cut corners to save disc space. This ensures that you are getting every bit of Halo goodness we can fit in. Our work is not done, however, as we continue to tune, tweak and optimize the online experience to ensure a smooth multiplayer launch.
One caveat we wanted to share is that Spartan Ops, our episodic co-op experience from Halo 4, will now release in December. In the meantime, we’re making some technical enhancements to that experience to make sure it’s smoother and even better than before. All ten episodes will be available at the same time, so we’re working to make an event out of it with our Community teams.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
65 gigs, jaysus. Worth it though so I can toggle between destiny and halo 3 without swapping discs.

Yeah, totally worth it indeed, but damn...I really do hope we can pre-load all of that because I don't want to be waiting hours for 65GB to download on launch day. I have a 25Mbps connection...so that will still take a long time.

iMax

65 gigs, jaysus. Worth it though so I can toggle between destiny and halo 3 without swapping discs.

Lol, definitely not downloading Spops if that's optional, and it better be.

Yeah, once you go digital you can't go back. Disc swapping is dead to me.

Havok

I wonder how soon prior to launch that content patch will be available for people that buy digital and preload. I would assume...well, hope, really...a couple of days. Not sure how literal "at launch" is to be taken here.

Booties

Banned
Yeah, totally worth it indeed, but damn...I really do hope we can pre-load all of that because I don't want to be waiting hours for 65GB to download on launch day. I have a 25Mbps connection...so that will still take a long time.

I believe it's saying that 45GB is downloadable early, and that 20GB will be required on release day.

I believe it's also saying that Spops can be flushed down a toilet because no one is going to download that over the Destiny DLC. Also, spops is poop.

VinFTW

I believe it's saying that 45GB is downloadable early, and that 20GB will be required on release day.

I believe it's also saying that Spops can be flushed down a toilet because no one is going to download that over the Destiny DLC. Also, spops is poop.

Aint nobody got time for Destiny DLC.

Halo.

MouldyK

I'm going to be working when the Coag stuff drops :/ Oh well, I guess I'll catch up later

I been working evening in the UK for 8 days in a row now, today will be the 9th and then I still got work Saturday and Sunday. I been catching up with them all the time. TT_TT

CyReN

Happy for UK friends

2fd7f428d9a69d2ae4ce4ee40f0c038e.png

FyreWulff

I look forward to the day first parties aren't allergic to the idea of multi disc blu ray releases (because it's gonna happen eventually anyway)

m23

That 20 GB update is going to suck. At least we can play campaign in the meantime, although I would have preferred a second disc.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I asked in the other thread but I know Frank's more inclined to visit community - the post gives me the impression that MP is essentially a free download rather than on the disc.

The Master Chief Collection will take up almost all of the usable space of a single Blu-ray (45 GB), and we will also issue a content update at launch that is estimated to be 20 GB. You’ll be able to start playing Campaign and more as the content is installing, with some features and multiplayer content being added via the update.

How do people without an internet connection get MP?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Too bad you can't pre-load the game AND the 20GB update, that would make things easier for sure.

How are people without internet playing multiplayer? Just local you mean? It seems to indicate some of the MP is on disc, so I'd assume everything that can be done offline is on the disc.

Booties

Banned
We can't all have FIOS, bro.

(Prolly going to be 90 minutes for me, being generous with overhead.)

I got rid of fios. Shit was not as fast after the first month. I'm still not sure if my roommate fucked up the internet or if Fios is a scam. Probably both.

DOUBLE RADAR.

It's radar that shows up as a brightly lit medal every time it detects a bad guy/ And takes over your screen if it's a team member.

You are quite the funny man, sir.

Also, I was greatly pleased to see you play inverted...like everyone should. It just makes sense right?

From Halo Bulletin:
• Look Inversion*: Frankie or Not Inverted

Good man

MouldyK

I asked in the other thread but I know Frank's more inclined to visit community - the post gives me the impression that MP is essentially a free download rather than on the disc.

Psh, if you ain't got internet, you don't deserve multiplayer!

Who do you think Microsoft are? Nintendo?!

Fracas

#fuckonami
How are people without internet playing multiplayer? Just local you mean? It seems to indicate some of the MP is on disc, so I'd assume everything that can be done offline is on the disc.

That's what I'm hoping. Especially with Halo as the LAN juggernaut it used to be.

The wording's kind of weird.

tootsi666

Has any euros tried pre-ordering from the US store? Does the game unlock at your local time if you change the region back to your own after pre-ordering? Or does is it always unlock at US time if you buy it from US store?
I'm seriously thinking about digital pre-order, because 20 gigs is too big of an update to download at midnight.

Fuchsdh

I got rid of fios. Shit was not as fast after the first month. I'm still not sure if my roommate fucked up the internet or if Fios is a scam. Probably both.

Thus far I've been lucky. Speeds have held up and I got boosted to the symmetrical 50u/50d.

Around where I live though there's at least two or three other options for high-speed, so it might just be competition keeping them a little more nimble and eager-to-please.

gAg CruSh3r

That's what I'm hoping. Especially with Halo as the LAN juggernaut it used to be.

The wording's kind of weird.

I'm trying to find out what we want to do for our LAN party here because of this big update. We wanted to do a midnight launch LAN party but that might have to wait until the weekend.

FyreWulff

Too bad you can't pre-load the game AND the 20GB update, that would make things easier for sure.

Wording to me says none of the MP is on the disc, it's all in the update.

MCC out of the box is campaign only, in other words.

AlStrong

Wonder if the Blur 1080p cut-scenes are taking up a huge chunk of disc space - H2 must be around an hour, then there's stuff here and there for H4 + SpOps (assuming 1080p vid quality). The 2D-ish terminals shouldn't be too bad, but I suppose it all adds up.

Was there confirmation of less compressed audio for gameplay etc?

Top Bottom