• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Obscured

Hopefully the text is an option. I think it is good for some. But if you can turn it off then it is best of both worlds. While you can't control the people who know what they should be doing but still ignore the gametype there are others who actually don't know. You cannot assume that everybody is familiar with all game types. Rather than alienating those people it is better to give them enough context to become interested and then encourage them to drop the training wheels. Options are the critical piece though and while not a dealbreaker for me I hope to see more of them.

First impression of that map is that I really like the bases now. In the past it has always bugged me that they just don't seem to make any sense. Super important general dude - "Hey we need to drop a forward base of operations in a strategic location where we can monitor enemy activity". Random army engineering guy - "Well, I made up this donut thing. It has an opening in the top and a bunch of entrances, so our guys can both be easily ambushed and get rained on. It might be I was just really hungry when I designed it. Low blood suger... and I like donuts." Super important general dude - "Fabulous, get it in the field. I also like donuts".

They look a bit beefier now, I like it (mmm... beef donut).

Also, just noticed, the suppressed smg. Is that the ODST smg? (watched the rest of the video and they talk a little bit more about it. I wonder if it will be more useful. I like how it sounds.)

Mix

Game is Gold, people are downloading it already and I gotta say for sure that now I am double dipping for this. I will be getting it day one digitally and getting a physical copy as well. it's crazy.

Watching gameplay right now, so far it looks so good.

Game is Gold, people are downloading it already and I gotta say for sure that now I am double dipping for this. I will be getting it day one digitally and getting a physical copy as well. it's crazy.

Look at this 1%er!

YOU PIECE OF SHIT

I'M SORRY I DIDN'T REALIZE I COULD HAVE SUCH POWER. I still say if you're only gonna get one get a physical copy.

I'll probably double dip as well, but not until i get paid again lol.

VinFTW

Member status!

Despite the obvious drive-by posts and ridiculous trolling/hyperbole/shit-posts in that 20GB patch thread over on the gaming side, today is a glorious day.

Another day closer to the MCC.

And next week: Halo 3/Halo 4! jfinwoghjuiwngihgnewg

Halo is love. Halo is life.

Netprints

Member status!

Despite the obvious drive-by posts and ridiculous trolling/hyperbole/shit-posts in that 20GB patch thread over on the gaming side, today is a glorious day.

Yeah I think I will hang out here more often then in those halo threads.

My hype is building for this collection. Playing halo 2 mp again will be amazing.

Looks like Speedy rubbed off on you.

image.php

uwdanman

Neo Member
So I haven't played with the hornet very much, but in the gameplay video at 1:00, is it really that difficult to flip it to pilot it? It seemed that the flip physics kept flipping it in circles.

So I haven't played with the hornet very much, but in the gameplay video at 1:00, is it really that difficult to flip it to pilot it? It seemed that the flip physics kept flipping it in circles.

Happens in every halo game. If you watch the rest of the video he does it successfully every time. No worries.

antigoon

Member status!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I got member like a month ago. 'twas a glorious day I will never fiveget.

Madness

I get that Bloodline plays good, that it was designed to fix a lot of issues that people have with the maps, and I don't even mind that they added their own touches to it, but seriously, is there no one at 343 or CA who looks at that map and goes, "does it come in any other color besides brown"? Where are the blue skies, green grass and trees, pops of color.

It's like they agree on one primary color for the maps, and then change everything to a shade of it.

Steitzer sounds worse than he does in Halo 4. And the capture/defend is an absolute eye soar. I really wish they stopped going out of their way to try to get dumb players to play the game correctly.

I agree. He had a deeper smoother voice in the past. Now its tinny and harsh.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Steitzer sounds worse than he does in Halo 4. And the capture/defend is an absolute eye soar. I really wish they stopped going out of their way to try to get dumb players to play the game correctly.

That's not how you spell "soar" and seriously this elitism is a DRAG, and I am about done with it.

dwells

I'm sure there's someone out there that could figure out how to make it not useless.

It would be a "I'll give you data, for dollars on Tuesday" situation.

Not really. When you download an arcade game trial, you download the full game, you just don't have access to all the data. Same situation here.

If someone found a way to make the game boot, there would be much bigger issues at hand.

Top Bottom