• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

They should stop treating the customers that built their franchise like idiots is what they should do.

Point taken. I'll be more specific when I disapprove of things but will also add, when applicable, that I hold an opinion shared by others.

And new players can and should enjoy Halo. But the answer isn't to display text at a huge font, in my opinion. Instead the player should be better informed.

How can one accomplish that? There are a few ways I can think of off the top of my head. Include game tips in loading screens along with the flashy loading animations. Or, even better, create a training mode or training session designed to run players through different game types and highlight UI elements.

That would be better that permanently adding obstructive text, in my opinion.

Reach was my first game so I'm not really sure about how the old games played lol
I fucking knew it.
Hmm...

Can't really say for sure, but it certainly seems like 343 listened to fans when they said that we don't want unbalanced starts, loadouts, armor abilities, etc. When I first played Halo 4, I truly thought it was a cool addition, but as time went on I could see how it sort of "broke" maps and how Halo in general was meant to be played. Infinity Slayer in particular became glorified Fiesta Slayer.

I think another issue is that, even if 343 implements a new feature into Halo games be it a new weapon, the yet-to-be-revealed "Spartan Abilities", etc. how likely is it that people will criticize them for it for being "not the Halo they remember" even if they're objectively 'good' additions? I'm not agreeing with ALL the decisions they've made regarding H2A multi (like I said earlier the objective text doesn't need to be so large or permanent), but one has to admit that 343 has to stradle a really fine line regarding pleasing the old guard of fans as well as letting the series evolve even if only in gradual minute ways AND making the game appealing to new players.
I respect the individual parts of 343 but a lot of their design choices have come across as appealing more to the casual or new or 'Modern' fps players. and on the bit about Halo 4, it took almost 6 months for 343 (as an entity, because we tend to group all of the employees together) to listen to the hardcore community and make changes that turned Halo 4 into a halfway decent game. by that time, the game had lost more population faster than any other Halo game before it (and that has to count for something) so to see ANY of us complain about minute details shows that we actually care about the game unlike the people that bought it because of 'Modern Elements'. the series can evolve without PANDERING to the lowest common denominator "fans" with changes that seem like they are for the sake of change or the Hand-holdy special butterfly thing that modern games do now.
Oh you guys already started a war again??

Halogaf never changes <3
dont you know a thing or two about wars there mein lieber Freund. <3 but really tho, IHaveIce is a cool guy that doesnt afraid of anything.

VinFTW

Someone HaloGaf my avatar (HaloGaf banner between his hands)
or just Halo-ify my avvy at all...

kthanks

AR/Pistol starts? Be careful now, there's only one correct answer.

I'm interested in seeing what people could do to Halo-fy my avatar if anyone is interested in trying.

Funny guy...

Deception

Thank you Frankie and 343 for the birthday present by making the game playable at 12 est! I'll be able to enjoy the last hour of my birthday playing Halo.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm interested in seeing what people could do to Halo-fy my avatar if anyone is interested in trying.

evUOMwq.png

More Halo!

JzKbIuH.png

Madness

I'm pretty sure the 20gb patch isn't included.

Dan Ayoub said if you pre-order digitally, you'll also get the update the pre-release. Whether it comes later or is part of the current Pre-load I don't know. People who buy the game physically will have to download only at launch or later.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Dan Ayoub said if you pre-order digitally, you'll also get the update the pre-release. Whether it comes later or is part of the current Pre-load I don't know. People who buy the game physically will have to download only at launch or later.

The patch isn't finished yet, but it will be before release. Note that they said the 20GB size was an estimate. That means they don't know for sure yet.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Little question on the lore side.

In H2A campaign the weapons are updated to look like they would in current graphics but with stylistic changes, and in H2A mp they're stylistically the same. In canon, would these both be canonical interpretations of these weapons, like variants and stuff, or is only H2A campaign canon?

Notable differences are between the SMGs, shotgun, etc.

Holy cow that montage. I was cringing the whole time I was watching but this made it enjoyable.

I have rewatched every video to come out probably at least twice, but this one...I wanted to stop 2 minutes in.

GreyWind

llxFnWc.png

Wasn't this from one of the Halo 3 levels that was cut? I thought I heard soemthing about it in one of Bungie podcasts or a GDC presentation, can't recall it.

Never mind I just realized that this is from Halo CE (I think)

Top Bottom