• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

I still want to play Forerunner Tank.

Ofek9cp.png

Oh my absolute goodness.

VinFTW

Fuck me sideways, Halo 3 looks incredible.

The art-team is incredible... I just wish it would translate into the actual graphics.

Omni

I forgot how awful Halo 4's skyboxes are

They're all so... flat. I wonder if they have higher quality .jpgs in this collection or if they'll be the same. Image above looks the same but I dunno what it's from in particular.

This is the one cutscenes I have been very curious about when they announced that Blur would be redoing the cutscenes.

I'm surprised that they modeled the Gravemind after one of Bungie's initial design for it. Looks way more terrifying and pretty neat to see that they went with that instead.

96svMsM.png

3157446-h2ch_fl_gravemind09_jr.jpg

Omni

Alright. These images are nice and all

but what are we doing for spoilers here? I know we've pretty much all played the originals but I'd prefer not to see any more of the redone cutscenes or campaign stuff before release, tbh. Especially the Gravemind... which I suppose I've just seen

ElRenoRaven

This is the one cutscenes I have been very curious about when they announced that Blur would be redoing the cutscenes.

I'm surprised that they modeled the Gravemind after one of Bungie's initial design for it. Looks way more terrifying and pretty neat to see that they went with that instead.

https://i.imgur.com/96svMsM.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/57420/3157446-h2ch_fl_gravemind09_jr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I actually do like that too. Don't shy away from using what Bungie has created in the past. Embrace it.

Trey

but what are we doing for spoilers here? I know we've pretty much all played the originals but I'd prefer not to see any more of the redone cutscenes or campaign stuff before release, tbh. Especially the Gravemind... which I suppose I've just seen

They should be unmarked. The most recent game in the collection is two years old.

I suppose you can tag new cutscenes if you post them.

Omni

They should be unmarked. The most recent game in the collection is two years old.
And the redone cutscenes are part of the only new content in the entire collection. Stuff that I'm excited to see and rather not be spoiled. I dunno.

But if that's the case, I leave this thread until release. See you guys then!

ElRenoRaven

Yea. Spoilers should be allowed.

singhr1

They're all so... flat. I wonder if they have higher quality .jpgs in this collection or if they'll be the same. Image above looks the same but I dunno what it's from in particular.

Please. Really? Halo 4 had some amazing skyboxes, you just chose a horrible example.

Solace's skybox:
gt_halo4_multiplayer_wargames-team-slayer_solace-map_gp_em_11-1_1201ampst.jpg

Skyline:
halo-4-majestic-map-pack-skyline.jpg

Some campaign:
H4-Campaign-pic-4.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

how is that supposed to be funny?
the guy playing in that video clearly is a controller newcomer and has no clue about the vehicle control mechanics, i mean how could he the game isnt even released yet and its probably his first time playing the MCC and H2A
the guy that created the video acts like everyone out there has to have pro-like aim and plays nothing but Halo day in and out
imo its a pretty pathetic try to make fun on someone

probably everyone that laughs about this would do similar bad when playing something totally out of their home-genre, eg LoL, Starcraft, Street Fighter, ...
pick whatever genre and platform input device is the farest from halo, the outcome would most likely be the same as the guy playing H2A

personally i found the Bloodline reveal pretty interesting

some very refreshing ideas in there, the EMP can make capping quite challenging as not only sneaking into the lower base is required but also domination top-base or else your escape vehicle wont even start driving
this is a pretty significant change to the original map and sort of nerfs the falcons ability to just fly in, grab the flag and back out for a 30 seconds cap

also the color is just fine for me, finally something different to the map-colors we have so far, it really suits the ambience

sure the DEFEND/CAPTURE fonts are a way too big, but thats a very small change to do and propably will be fixed with the 20 gig update
i can also understand the critics on the falcon for CTF, but this would require the game to actually have a Big Team CTF playlist which there currently isnt
so i dont really get the hate to the EMP and the Falcon, this map is targeted for the BTB playlist and due to its size holds very small competitive interest anyhow
nerf the falcons gun power slightly and it will play just fine for regular BTB playlist

overall you can really see how 343i is trying to bring new ideas to the game, which by all means arent as bad as most of you guys are trying to outline here
i for one like them, just a few weeks ago i was pretty sure to solely play HCE on the MCC, but with all those changes being implemented to H2 i can really see myself playing H2A on a frequent basis

Madness

how is that supposed to be funny?
the guy playing in that video clearly is a controller newcomer and has no clue about the vehicle control mechanics, i mean how could he the game isnt even released yet and its probably his first time playing the MCC and H2A
the guy that created the video acts like everyone out there has to have pro-like aim and plays nothing but Halo day in and out
imo its a pretty pathetic try to make fun on someone

probably everyone that laughs about this would do similar bad when playing something totally out of their home-genre, eg LoL, Starcraft, Street Fighter, ...
pick whatever genre and platform input device is the farest from halo, the outcome would most likely be the same as the guy playing H2A

Relax. It's a video poking fun at someone having a shitty Halo match. I bet the guy who's playing wouldn't be as offended over the video as you are.

It was Team IGN vs. Team 343, and by IGN's own words one of them was a superfan who's been reviewing content, one reviewed Halo 4 etc. It's safe to say they've played and enjoyed Halo before. If I ever make a video where I'm reviewing Dota II or something and get my ass handed to me, I won't really care if some Dota community rightfully makes fun of my skills.

ElRenoRaven

So finally got around to watching all the ign footage for today. Yea not a fan of the giant defend capture icons with text either. Also yea watching the IGN folks play was hard. I mean I know I'm mediocre at best but jesus christ that takes awful to an entirely new level.

So finally got around to watching all the ign footage for today. Yea not a fan of the giant defend capture icons with text either. Also yea watching the IGN folks play was hard. I mean I know I'm mediocre at best but jesus christ that takes awful to an entirely new level.
That includes with their video player as well. At least not todays though.

Relax. It's a video poking fun at someone having a shitty Halo match. I bet the guy who's playing wouldn't be as offended over the video as you are.

It was Team IGN vs. Team 343, and by IGN's own words one of them was a superfan who's been reviewing content, one reviewed Halo 4 etc. It's safe to say they've played and enjoyed Halo before. If I ever make a video where I'm reviewing Dota II or something and get my ass handed to me, I won't really care if some Dota community rightfully makes fun of my skills.

sure i know that, i just wanted to give some slight hyperbole contra to all the overreactions on the video to get everyone down on the ground again, thought it went a bit overboard

darthbob

It's not so much that they're ugly, it's just that rather than using actual geometry it's .jpgs, like you said. Don't think we'll be seeing any changes other than higher resolution, hopefully.

Top Bottom