• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

VinFTW

All on one disc*

*but you need this patch to play content and multiplayer.

Dramatic_5b6746_2143995.gif

VinFTW

no one is crying or being a baby about shit.

its just calling 343 on what they said versus what actually happened. whats the use in defending stuff like this or just being asinine by shitposting?

Not shit posting, but it is what it is, crying about it isn't going to change anything.

Honestly what Dan's point was that you get all that content in one package game for 60 bucks. If this is the worst of "not delivering" then I think we are gonna be okay. There is already a whole thread of kicking and screaming in the gaming side.

FyreWulff

Honestly what Dan's point was that you get all that content in one package game for 60 bucks. If this is the worst of "not delivering" then I think we are gonna be okay. There is already a whole thread of kicking and screaming in the gaming side.

*until Live's servers go down

Dan's point was you get everything on ONE disc. in business terms that is essentially false advertising.

not trying to throw shade on what is an impressive endeavor

bush_fool_me_once.jpg

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, you take the Halo 2 servers down once, shame on — shame on you. You take the servers down twice — you can't take the servers down again."

bush_fool_me_once.jpg

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, you take the Halo 2 servers down once, shame on — shame on you. You take the servers down twice — you can't take the servers down again."

Wow, Speedy never told us he met the president

Dan's point was you get everything on ONE disc. in business terms that is essentially false advertising.

not trying to throw shade on what is an impressive endeavor

To be fair that was an announcement before launch. Surprised people haven't caught on that what's said at e3 and other pre-launch events often dont come to pass. Game development changes. However I see your point.

Silky

Banned
I would pay someone $3 to give me their working Disc 1 of H4. Played some more of it last night. Team Objective playlist was fun.

Wish I could play MP from disc 2, really. :/

I really want to practice some Halo before release but I just can't use the 360 controller anymore. It just seems so bad now, especially the analog sticks.

Has anyone here had trouble adjusting to the One pad? I've only used it for an hour playing alien isolation but the bumpers definitely feel inferior. They're A little too short and I imagine bumper jumper being really awkward. The sticks are a little more raised than the 360 pad but I'll get used to that.

danwarb

Has anyone here had trouble adjusting to the One pad? I've only used it for an hour playing alien isolation but the bumpers definitely feel inferior. They're A little too short and I imagine bumper jumper being really awkward. The sticks are a little more raised than the 360 pad but I'll get used to that.

The weird bumpers make sense when you press with the middle part of your finger while still on the trigger.

JoeDanny

The weird bumpers make sense when you press with the middle part of your finger while still on the trigger.

Yeah I've found that the new bumpers are more easily accessed by an inward rotation of the index finger while still resting on the trigger, rather than moving the finger from the trigger and tapping the bumpers like on the 360 controller

Magwik

Banned
Cmon guys are we really complaining about an update? An update?!

More like a 20GB update that is required for multiplayer and completely negates the fact and reasoning for buying a physical copy of the game. Not to mention people have slow internet, makes LAN parties a bit more difficult, and data caps.

m23

When I first got an Xbone it was tough getting used to for the first few days or so. The bumpers especially. It feels like a much better controller than the 360 though after using it for so long.

danwarb

More like a 20GB update that is required for multiplayer and completely negates the fact and reasoning for buying a physical copy of the game. Not to mention people have slow internet, makes LAN parties a bit more difficult, and data caps.

Not completely. The download is 45GB less with the disc.

Mix

Y'all, Hotel Zanzibar was in the Halo 2 campaign. Though, that does look like it is a blur cutscene.

Looking at all of these screens, it makes me really sad that there won't be campaign theatre for Halo CEA, 2A, or 4 :/

Not completely. The download is 45GB less with the disc.
nah dude, you still have to completely install the disc on Xbox One.

Mix

lol

I wouldn't bother, personally. It's competent, but there are better games you can get. Guacamelee is my favorite digital game on XB1.

Got Guacamelee for free with Games with gold a couple months back and I still haven't played it yet.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Why is everyone in qualms about the download size and the 20GB update? I bought my copy of MCC last night and let it download/install over night...so not sure why everyone is crying.

Only think I can assume is that people want to immediately play MCC at midnight of release and there will be a waiting period because of the 20GB update...but I wonder if that update can come earlier than launch day, that way people can fire up MCC at exactly midnight.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Got Guacamelee for free with Games with gold a couple months back and I still haven't played it yet.
It's one of my all time favorites. I launch it in whenever I'm feeling bored or cynical about AAA games, and it totally renews my faith in the medium.

Top Bottom