• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Fuchsdh

should i get Spartan Assault on my Bone?

As pointed out, it's competent, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Spartan Strike end up on XB1 eventually too, and that has the potential to be a better game as well.

About half-way through grinding through the assault ops, on XB360, which were kind of stupid.

Mix

It's one of my all time favorites. I launch it in whenever I'm feeling bored or cynical about AAA games, and it totally renews my faith in the medium.

I'll have to check it out then lol. Nothing is holding my attention right now, even Destiny isn't really doing it for me much :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to check it out then lol. Nothing is holding my attention right now, even Destiny isn't really doing it for me much :/
Yeah, I've lost all interest in Destiny. It's fun, but I've just had enough for now. My XB1 is boxed away right now and on the rare occasion I play games, it's usually DK: Tropical Freeze on my Wii U. I've got too much going on for games right now.

Mix

Yeah, I've lost all interest in Destiny. It's fun, but I've just had enough for now. My XB1 is boxed away right now and on the rare occasion I play games, it's usually DK: Tropical Freeze on my Wii U. I've got too much going on for games right now.

Kinda the same. As far as games go, I've really only been playing on my iPhone between places.

Why is everyone in qualms about the download size and
Only think I can assume is that people want to immediately play MCC at midnight of release and there will be a waiting period because of the 20GB update...but I wonder if that update can come earlier than launch day, that way people can fire up MCC at exactly midnight.

yes it looks like that is the case

pLWuhUM.png

Caja 117

or those with bandwidth caps, or when the servers go down, or those whose ISPs throttle their internet and have no option but to go with a major ISP because of lack of competition. the list goes on

I still dont get the "servers go down" issue. could you explain?

and buying physical covers all of the issue mentioned above, as someone who is going digital shouldnt be bothered by the issues you are describing above.

I still dont get the "servers go down" issue. could you explain?

and buying physical covers all of the issue mentioned above, as someone who is going digital shouldnt be bothered by the issues you are describing above.

The patch holds multiplayer data, and if xbox live goes down, NOONE can play with that data. and just because they buy physical doesnt mean they escape those issue.

I'm thankful the 20GB patch is just a minor inconvenience for me. It isn't ideal but I agree that two discs would ruin the original vision for the collection.

I'm thankful the 20GB patch is just a minor inconvenience for me. It isn't ideal but I agree that two discs would ruin the original vision for the collection.
Even if the second installed and you only ever had to use the disc play the entirety of the MCC? [As the disc is just validation and everything is ran off the HDD content]

I don't think the issue will prevent me playing it [assuming I do infact decide to get an Xbox One and MCC], but I find the laughing at / disregarding of the issue by those it doesn't effect when people have posted in the thread how awkward it is for them quite ridiculous.
Empathy rocks.
Don't you need internet to play LAN regardless? (at least 1 person needs to be connected)
There is a slight difference between needing a minimal XBL connection and passing around / getting a 20GB patch.

Caja 117

LAN... fucking LAN do you people not know how to draw conclusions.

You are talking about if servers goes down (which is not something that happens frequently)while playing LAN? wouldnt it be the same with a 2nd Disc? as You will still have to install that content in your HDD, the only difference here is the delivery method, but the content will be saved and handled the same way once is in the HDD.

VinFTW

There is a slight difference between needing a minimal XBL connection and passing around / getting a 20GB patch.

Well, the way he said it:

The patch holds multiplayer data, and if xbox live goes down, NOONE can play with that data. and just because they buy physical doesnt mean they escape those issue.

Implies he would already have the patch, why would he need to be passing around or downloading the patch again?

Also couldn't he just pass around the patch on external storage?

Remember how Halo 4 was two discs?

Remember how nobody needed to use disc 2 after installing it?

How do we know its just that simple? X1 is a different system and this unified UI/architecture could be more complex than we think.

FyreWulff

I also remember Halo 4 coming on Xbox 360, not Xbox one.

And the Xbox One literally installs all game data globally for every single game to the hard drive.

I'm still not seeing why a second disc would ruin the vision of the game when no disc swapping would occur with 1 or 2 discs.

Caja 117

And the Xbox One literally installs all game data globally for every single game to the hard drive.

I'm still not seeing why a second disc would ruin the vision of the game when no disc swapping would occur with 1 or 2 discs.

The installations in 360 OS are very different than the one in Xbox one. Im not passing as fact that you cant do 2nd disc installation on Xbox one. but they are different so I wouldnt take last gen as an example.

Oh come on!
Surely the only semi-defendable reason for it not being a second disc is that they needed to print the discs before the patch was/is ready?

So I had my laptop display up on my TV when the footjob conversation started and I forgot my 10 year old little brother was in the room and asked me what a footjob is. Thanks.

now its time to live up to your big brother responsibilities and tell him things your parents won't

lol what if you're buying the disc or have a smaller data cap, omg lol rofl
lmao terribad get good, just because it doesn't affect you it does not invalidate it being an issue for others gg lol
lol lmfao get #rekt scrub #butts
Oh come on!
Surely the only semi-defendable reason for it not being a second disc is that they needed to print the discs before the patch was/is ready?
Ding Ding Ding!

Is there some browser plugin that makes only your posts show up? A man can dream, I suppose.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So I had my laptop display up on my TV when the footjob conversation started and I forgot my 10 year old little brother was in the room and asked me what a footjob is. Thanks.
Way to go, Ragnarok.

Top Bottom