• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

fine.

gaiz 343 is the best dev ever. they always listen to the community. lets just be happy they are giving us outdated halo along with the rerelease of the messiah that is Halo 4.

Palmer is a better spartan than chief. Laskey is a nerd.

I give this post a
image.php
image.php
image.php
out of
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why do people have to shit on 343 about physical limitations? the disc is only so big and all this awesome content happens to be bigger. What's the issue here? Would you like less content?

Come on man, you're downloading like a third of the entire game. Just make it two discs. It all installs to the hard drive anyway.

VinFTW

fine.

gaiz 343 is the best dev ever. they always listen to the community. lets just be happy they are giving us outdated halo along with the rerelease of the messiah that is Halo 4.

Palmer is a better spartan than chief. Laskey is a nerd.

Hey now, come on... I didn't say you can't be upset about it, in fact, I said yeah it does suck, but do we really need to beat a dead horse in the OT as well as that massive thread over on the gaming side?

I give this post a
image.php
image.php
image.php
out of
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Well done,
image.php

m23

all of the games Campaigns... what about multiplayer?

not being salty, just trying to show that not everything is on the disc like they said it would at e3.

I get that its not on one disc but you're seriously angry about that? That it's not on one disc? Of all the things you want to complain about, it's that?

I would have much preferred a second install disc over this download content thing but really, we're getting content that wasn't able to fit on the disc. How is that something to complain about. You'd rather they compress the shit out of everything? Or cut some stuff out?

I don't think it'll be that difficult for people to find a way to get the patch or whatever you want to call it. Go to a friends house with an external drive and copy it and bring it back to your house. Easy.

For the record I have crap internet and I will be getting a disc copy.

Mix

No, some people just expressed that they'd like a second disc (like Forza, ODST, GTA) so they aren't charged lots of money for going over their data cap.

I don't have a data cap so this doesn't affect me, but it's silly to ignore the valid complaints of people who are affected.

Come on man, you're downloading like a third of the entire game. Just make it two discs. It all installs to the hard drive anyway.

Okay, no I'm not making the only use one disc complaint, I'd be perfectly happy with two, I'm saying that 343 made a promise they didn't realize would be impossible to keep. Oops, it happens.
Also, I used to work for an ISP, there is no one who caps their data at 20 gigs so I fail to see the issue with that, but I understand the concern.

lol nah man.

But seriously, AT&T for example, gives standard non-U-verse customers a 150Gb cap. you will not go through this in a month unless you live on pirate bay

According to my XBO, I've used about 150GB of data just on my Xbox in each of the last two months.

FyreWulff

Maps like Colonnade and Cragmire are the reasons I'm hesitant for community involvement. I bet you could agree with me there.

Colonnade got accidental overexposure due to a bug in Halo 3. That was also not CC, H3 maps were picked by Bungie employees. When Halo 3 tried to pick a map after a veto, it'd always put weight on finding a different base map. Literally every map in Maption Sack was on Sandbox except for Colonnade, so vetoing always ended up with Colonnade.

Cragmire, which I made, never got it's final balance update and was also overexposed. Cragmire (and Heavies) was supposed to have a low chance of showing up after vetoing. A change was made in BTB where Heavies was given much more weight and was able to show up on the first voting screen. I've already posted enough about that part, though.

Past making sure a map's objectively judgable elements work, a map being liked is always going to be subjective

lol nah man.

But seriously, AT&T for example, gives standard non-U-verse customers a 150Gb cap. you will not go through this in a month unless you live on pirate bay

In the UK, BT used to advertise (not sure if they still do) an 'unlimited' data package, that actually capped at 100Gb. So yeah, I can understand people being pissed off, even though it doesn't affect me.

Taking into consideration download speeds as well, I think they should really make the patch available before release for any physical buyers. If I bought a new game and had to let it update all day before playing, I'd be pretty fucking annoyed.

wwm0nkey

all of the games Campaigns... what about multiplayer?

not being salty, just trying to show that not everything is on the disc like they said it would at e3.
They should just sell the patch on disc for like $.50 at stores for people without internet if they are worried about packaging this thing with 2 discs.

Or have a download that people can put on USB

jem0208

They should just sell the patch on disc for like $.50 at stores for people without internet if they are worried about packaging this thing with 2 discs.

Anti consumer! Making those who don't have Internet pay more!

They have to put the effort into plugging a USB into their xbones!!!

I don't give a shit about the 20Gb patch, but understand the concern some have. However, some people express it in a really shitty way.

I think the decent thing to do would be to allow the patch as a separate download when it's live for people to grab BEFORE they purchase the physical disc should they so desire.

Whether that's a simple thing to do is another kettle of fish.

Either way, the game (or most of it) is on my console right now. Can't wait.

when the patch is 1/3 of the game (and multiplayer) then there is some issue that needs to be resolved

danwarb

In the UK, BT used to advertise (not sure if they still do) an 'unlimited' data package, that actually capped at 100Gb. So yeah, I can understand people being pissed off, even though it doesn't affect me.

Taking into consideration download speeds as well, I think they should really make the patch available before release for any physical buyers. If I bought a new game and had to let it update all day before playing, I'd be pretty fucking annoyed.

I know there are no caps with Virgin. BT have "totally unlimited usage" packages but are much slower.

Netflix HD series and movies man
Yep. A few people watching TV and movies regularly and you go easily into terabytes a month.

RowdyReverb

Can people with data caps just start the download a couple days before the next pay period starts? Does it not work this way?

Also, I brought it up in the other thread but got buried, but I think part of the issue is that there is no such thing as a 2-disc Xbox One game case and there is no production line set up for making one. It would be expensive to custom-design and produce a case for a single game that would likely not see any use again for a few years at least.

I think if it ended up being a huge issue, they could print discs containing just the patch and ship them to people on request for $10 or something. They could come in simple packaging and use cheaper single-layer blu-ray discs. XB1 would probably need a special firmware update to be able to install additional content from a second disc though, but it's bound to be necessary eventually, just as it was for last gen.

Mix

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a single person is complaining about lack of content. In fact, most people seem to be pretty happy about the amount of content included. The complaints are about the delivery of content.

This is correct, I may have misunderstood the issues when I jumped in. I get it, but I still don't think people need to be as hard on them as they've been.
On a bit of a saltier note, Halo 4's Skill matching is still definitely working:

Top Bottom