• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

and this 20gb download bullshit is one of the many reasons it would have been a good idea to not include halo 4 in this collection. seriously my isp is already killing me with these bandwidth limits. fuck digital future

Welfare

and this 20gb download bullshit is one of the many reasons it would have been a good idea to not include halo 4 in this collection. seriously my isp is already killing me with these bandwidth limits. fuck digital future

Lol what? I'd rather not have Halo 3 in here, but it's there. 343 probably worked their asses off for this collection, and people still get pissed.

Maybe a work-around would be selling each game separately at digital, like Metro did. $15 for each game, you still get the MCC UI, but the other games are locked until you buy them.

danwarb

Your internet should be faster and free comrade.

More is better for TMMC.

Lol what? I'd rather not have Halo 3 in here, but it's there. 343 probably worked their asses off for this collection, and people still get pissed.

Maybe a work-around would be selling each game separately at digital, like Metro did. $15 for each game, you still get the MCC UI, but the other games are locked until you buy them.

Bungie, Blur, CA, Saber interactive, ruffian, and 343 should get equal recognition

and Halo 4 is Horse-garbage.

why the balls would u not have halo 3 in the collection? its the closing of the trilogy and the last good halo game. halo 4 is just a waste of good disc space

Welfare

Bungie, Blur, CA, the company that did CEA, and 343 should get equal recognition

and Halo 4 is Horse-garbage.
Yes, those companies should also get recognition.

why the balls would u not have halo 3 in the collection? its the closing of the trilogy and the last good halo game. halo 4 is just a waste of good disc space

In your opinion. I say the same for Halo 3. And I said it to show that just because you (not you) don't like something, doesn't mean someone else should not be able to play it.

Why should Halo CE, 3, and 4 be on this disc? It should just be Halo 2, but it isn't. It's meant to be a game that gathers all 4 main Halo games to played on the same console that the sequels will be on.

Just because you don't like "X" doesn't mean "X" should go away. I think "Y" is a waste of space, but am I going to complain about when I have 3 other amazing games I can play on one disc? No.

Madness

Why? That is the original trilogy. That is some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard cutting Halo 3 over Halo 4. Halo 4 has nothing to do with the first 3 games beyond the fact Chief and Cortana are there. The other three games are part of one unified story, with the same key characters.

Not to mention that I feel confident stating now, Halo 3 will probably be one of the most played games of the collection, far more than Halo 4.

If anything, getting rid of Halo 4 they probably could have fit everything on to the disc. Halo 4 maps took a lot of space, as did the campaign, and they still couldn't even fit Spartan Ops which will come December.

I can't even reconcile with the fact someone would rather cut Halo 3 campaign and multiplayer in favor of Halo 4.

danwarb

Don't be daft. Cutting 4 (or 3 or 2 or 1) would've been moronic.

They should've made it download only. Get a USB drive and pass it on.

Welfare

yet aside from Blur, no one is mentioning these other companies, which is kinda jank.
Are they on the box art? Maybe that would help some. Either way, once people load up the game, they will most likely see those companies, and give thanks their way.

Why? That is the original trilogy. That is some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard cutting Halo 3 over Halo 4. Halo 4 has nothing to do with the first 3 games beyond the fact Chief and Cortana are there. The other three games are part of one unified story, with the same key characters.

Not to mention that I feel confident stating now, Halo 3 will probably be one of the most played games of the collection, far more than Halo 4.

If anything, getting rid of Halo 4 they probably could have fit everything on to the disc. Halo 4 maps took a lot of space, as did the campaign, and they still couldn't even fit Spartan Ops which will come December.

I can't even reconcile with the fact someone would rather cut Halo 3 campaign and multiplayer in favor of Halo 4.

Read what I just posted.

In your opinion. I say the same for Halo 3. And I said it to show that just because you (not you) don't like something, doesn't mean someone else should not be able to play it.

Why should Halo CE, 3, and 4 be on this disc? It should just be Halo 2, but it isn't. It's meant to be a game that gathers all 4 main Halo games to played on the same console that the sequels will be on.

Just because you don't like "X" doesn't mean "X" should go away. I think "Y" is a waste of space, but am I going to complain about when I have 3 other amazing games I can play on one disc? No.

The "It's a trilogy" shit doesn't work for me. Halo 4 continues the story from Halo 3, but that's besides the point. This is the Master Chief Collection, not the "Halo Trilogy Collection", or the "Best Halo games Collection".

Surely people use their internet for more than just game downloads.

lol nah man.

But seriously, AT&T for example, gives standard non-U-verse customers a 150Gb cap. you will not go through this in a month unless you live on pirate bay
Bullshit. My stats with zero torrents in the last 2 months:
dbKB2hv.png

I can go through 10's of GB in just an hour or two with Netflix or Twitch. Also, what if people with those shitty caps want to download other games that aren't available in disc form? They are now potentially forced to choose just because this one game has a day 1 20GB download.

Exactly. The average male gamer has a 60gb-70gb health video quota to meet before the end of each billing cycle.
Oh fuck... um... ignore the graph above...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a single person is complaining about lack of content. In fact, most people seem to be pretty happy about the amount of content included. The complaints are about the delivery of content.
Some of us are even being much more neutral than usual...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134861641&postcount=2928

Madness

Read what I just posted.

The "It's a trilogy" shit doesn't work for me. Halo 4 continues the story from Halo 3, but that's besides the point. This is the Master Chief Collection, not the "Halo Trilogy Collection", or the "Best Halo games Collection".

Ok, but let's just say I hate Halo 3 myself, I'm not oblivious to the fact it's one of the most widely played multiplayers and campaigns for the game and is highly regarded by everyone else. It's insanity to suggest Halo 3 and Halo 4 are even comparable in terms of fans who want to play them.

I don't care if they don't cut anything, but if they did, it's obvious Halo 4 should be the one to be cut. Halo 3 will probably be the most played multiplayer in the long run with this collection.

Welfare

Ok, but let's just say I hate Halo 3 myself, I'm not oblivious to the fact it's one of the most widely played multiplayers and campaigns for the game and is highly regarded by everyone else. It's insanity to suggest Halo 3 and Halo 4 are even comparable in terms of fans who want to play them.

I don't care if they don't cut anything, but if they did, it's obvious Halo 4 should be the one to be cut. Halo 3 will probably be the most played multiplayer in the long run with this collection.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that Halo 3 was insanely popular back in 2007 - 2010. I was just saying that nothing should be cut, regardless of "popularity" between fans.

Ein Bear

Halo 3 will probably be the most played multiplayer in the long run with this collection.

I am really curious to see which multiplayer winds up being the most popular out of the collection, as I'm assuming this is being used to test the waters for which direction they should go in for 5.

Will be pretty funny when the Halo 4 component is dead in the water.

Madness

I am really curious to see which multiplayer winds up being the most popular out of the collection, as I'm assuming this is being used to test the waters for which direction they should go in for 5.

Will be pretty funny when the Halo 4 component is dead in the water.

I'm guessing Halo 2 Anniversary will be the most played initially, leading up to the Halo 5 beta, but it's limited maps will harm it in the long run. I think because Halo 2 and Halo 3 were so versatile with their modes and maps overall, they'll probably fight for the top lead.

Honestly it all depends on playlists and how they're managed. Will be interesting to see the numbers for Halo CE.

FyreWulff

Probably Halo 3.

Halo 1 is Halo 1.

Halo 2 will be a glitch arms race, which will drive people away.

Most of Halo 4's userbase plays on the 360, right now, and it's still being updated.

That leaves 3 in the sweet spot of not being in the spotlight for a long time enough to see a fresh set of eyes, and is coherent enough to not have super game breaking bugs to drive people away.

Halo 2 Anni will be an attraction for sure, but everyone that wants to play H2 will probably prefer H2 classic since that's what they wanted. And a lot of forgers will probably treat H2A as "Halo 4.5"/"Halo MCC" for the purposes of customs with the engine enhancements.

that's how i see it anyway

CE will be played in customs primarily

and they won't like it but keep playing it anyway cuz they don't like any other game out there either

Ein Bear

I hope CE gets a bit more recognition than that.

Will be really interesting to see what sort of legs CE has after the initial nostalgia/novelty wears off. It's the first thing I'm firing up for sure, and can see it doing really well initially, but I don't know if people will stick with it with 2 and 3 right there.

Welfare

I think at launch:

1. Halo 2 Anniversary
  2. Halo 2 Classic
  3. Halo 3
  4. Halo 4
  5. Halo CE
After launch:

1. Halo 3
  2. Halo 2 Anniversary
  3. Halo 4
  4. Halo 2 Classic
  5. Halo CE

I think if you say Community Cartographer 3 times in the mirror, FyreWulff shows up and gives a speech about it

LOLD

I don't give a shit about the 20Gb patch, but understand the concern some have. However, some people express it in a really shitty way.

I think the decent thing to do would be to allow the patch as a separate download when it's live for people to grab BEFORE they purchase the physical disc should they so desire

I'm really hoping this is the case. I've no bandwidth cap so I don't mind downloading the update but it's anticlimactic to finally reach launch day only to have the additional time hurdle of the patch.

Speaking of installing huge amounts of data, I didn't even realise disc installs were mandatory on the One. Wanted to quickly have a look around on Alien earlier today and had to wait until 20% just to start it up. Began the campaign and I was walking around semi rendered geometry, progress an impossibility because an NPC was unresponsive. Later in the day, Evil Within took an absolute age to install. While many aspects of the One have impressed me, things like the aforementioned feel like a step back in functionality. Less Millhouse having his face blown off, more "wow, next gen takes an hour to launch a game". The OS is really sluggish too, very disappointing. Seriously hope they improve the fluidity of it and redesign the UI while they're at it.

Random17

I'm thinking that Halo 2 Anniversary- Team Slayer will remain on top for at least a year, since it is the newest "installment".

Quick question, does the day one patch literally come out on the 11th? And if auto downloads are on will it start downloading for people who preloaded before they even boot the game up for the first time(or before you even can if it goes up before the 11th)?

You guys are crazy.. Give it a few months, everyone will be on CE because they'll realize they hit their skill peak with Halo 2/etc. within a few weeks and people will crave that experience of improving. You'll see.. You'll alllll see.
Part of my issue and some other people I know is MLG started diverting so much from the base game that it was watching two separate games, instead of an eyebleeding super hardcore version of what we were playing.

This is what it was like in Halo 1 and 2.

Then in 3, MLG started diverting

Reach MLG had custom Megalo written to it that they were entirely different. It had almost no relation to the game the vast majority of the userbase was playing.
Can't be stressed enough and it's why the base game needs to be on point.
CCs weren't the sole gatekeepers of matchmaking and had content under the CC name put out that the CCs never worked on. The hardcore community has never gotten a community consensus playlist, it's always been arbitrarily made up by one person.
To be fair, that one person/few people did a better job at base settings than Bungie. 110% should have been base speed and Armor Abilities should have been pick ups from the get-go, for example.

Quick question, does the day one patch literally come out on the 11th? And if auto downloads are on will it start downloading for people who preloaded before they even boot the game up for the first time(or before you even can if it goes up before the 11th)?
"day one" updates are almost always available before that actual day, and they've already stated that people that people that have preloaded will be ready to go with the update, so I think it's pretty safe to assume it'll be up a few days before the 11th.
I think they should make the patch accesible to anyone who wants to download it in advance. That way poeple who buy physical copies aren't installing and downloading 70gbs worth of content on the 11th.
Isn't the complaint that most applies to this specific situation those with bandwidth caps though, in which case being able to download early doesn't really fix the issue?

If we're talking simply about large downloads for people with slow internet then A: preload is a solution and B: that's a larger "issue" with Xbox One in general instead of just with MCC in that XBO is designed for digital content. The "issue" is that physical games have large updates to them so that they can be updated to the same version as the digital one, which I'm sure is intentional by the Xbox engineering team.

Random17

There's been very little discussion on Nightfall. I think 343i want to keep it a secret so that it is a nice surprise.

I hope that it is even better than FuD, which I quite liked. If this movie is received well, then the chance of a feature length Halo firm will increase significantly. An origin story for Halo 5's second playable character is going to have to be even better than Forward unto Dawn, in my opinion.

Nightfall is incredibly important for Halo, make no mistake.

Ataxia

Yesterday I bought the digital edition of the MCC and started downloading. This morning when I turned my Xbox on, the progress jumped from 76% all the way back down to 32%...

It downloaded all through the night and the bandwidth monitor confirms that. Is it a glitch? I can't keep downloading the game if so. It'll chew through my cap.

"day one" updates are almost always available before that actual day, and they've already stated that people that people that have preloaded will be ready to go with the update, so I think it's pretty safe to assume it'll be up a few days before the 11th.
Awesome, thanks. I've got the game preloaded, now I just have to wait for the patch.

aycb

Neo Member
Yesterday I bought the digital edition of the MCC and started downloading. This morning when I turned my Xbox on, the progress jumped from 76% all the way back down to 32%...

It downloaded all through the night and the bandwidth monitor confirms that. Is it a glitch? I can't keep downloading the game if so. It'll chew through my cap.

Mine jumped from 15% to 4% then 19% to 4%. Managed to finish fine now.

I saw an "Installation Stopped" message so I assumed it was interrupted.

Madness

Yeah that's fair

physical media is on life support

I don't know, imagine if Halo 5 needs 85 gigs of data, easier to just use two discs rather than have people download that much no? But it seems a moot point when even disc users have to fully install the discs onto their console every time.

I think physical media just wasn't prepared for how quick streaming would be here, and how quickly they'll be limited in terms of storage space themselves. They need 200-500gb discs quickly, especially if they want to have any hope of having a 4K disc market.

Yeah that's fair

physical media is on life support
What makes it even worse are the preorder exclusives for buying physical. Sure we'll get some, if not all eventually, but damn if it doesn't sting for both sides of the spectrum.

Burned if you buy digital, burned if you buy physical. Thanks Obama.

Top Bottom