• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think you will still need friends. Didn't see them mentioning campaign matchmaking anywhere.

This is what campaign playlists will look like:

Think of these playlists as custom music playlists where each mission in them is a song.

Tawpgun

Yeah what's the deal with voice chat? Seems mp games these days don't let you hear the enemy pre game, in game, and post game.

Will halo be like it used to be? Pre game shit talk, prox chat, post game shit talk?

Let the babbies who can't handle other people mute if they wan

m23

Yeah what's the deal with voice chat? Seems mp games these days don't let you hear the enemy pre game, in game, and post game.

Will halo be like it used to be? Pre game shit talk, prox chat, post game shit talk?

Lol those were the days. I use party chat a lot, but I miss all the shit talk.

party chat was the best and worst addition to Xbox Live. Pre-game/post-game sounding like a ghost town, everybody safe inside their little bubbles with their friends, no interactions between strangers for better or worse.

party chat was the best and worst addition to Xbox Live. Pre-game/post-game sounding like a ghost town, everybody safe inside their little bubbles with their friends, no interactions between strangers for better or worse.

Party chat is for babbys.

Bring on full on trash talking*

*Unless they're 12, then everyone to party chat!

I hope the Forgers are ready for Halo 2 Anniversary. With better graphics, better hardware, improved forge mode, and only 6 developer maps at release, they are positioned for a huge comeback.

Fuchsdh

The bizarre thing about the UNSC logo is that the FUD *had* the new logo on its "old" Warthogs, and Infinity still has the old logo lurking around on its bridge...

bqrIvrM.png

matthieuC

I hope the Forgers are ready for Halo 2 Anniversary. With better graphics, better hardware, improved forge mode, and only 6 developer maps at release, they are positioned for a huge comeback.
Yes! I am pumped. I've been sketching a bunch of designs recently for competitive maps. Now I just need to get my hands on the game!

Madness

Why is the title still OT 20?

Thought the last OT was #20...

The last one was supposedly #20, but it's iffy because we had things like that HolaGAF for a while, plus Wahrer wanted to call #20, HaloGAF: OT Anniversary. Technically there was no #20 since the last numerical one was #19 which got locked. Ghaleon asked Fracas what he wanted and Fracas responded.

I can update the title on request, just let me know Fracas. "Halo OT20: Your Mom is Fat and Your Work is Useless" has a certain ring to it. :p

People seem to want a number, so feel free to chuck it on. 20 should be the number we're on, but I'm not sure. I liked the infinity symbol I had there to begin with lol.

I personally like it. I never liked the fact the Halo OT was called HaloGAF. Should always only be Halo OT or Halo Community Thread OT like the rest of GAF.

The bizarre thing about the UNSC logo is that the FUD *had* the new logo on its "old" Warthogs, and Infinity still has the old logo lurking around on its bridge...

bqrIvrM.png

The plot thickens...

At this point, I have no idea what conventions they're following for using old vs new logo.

What's really odd, and I never noticed this before, is that Del Rio has the logo for the United Earth Governments on his uniform. So I'm confused as hell at this point.

jem0208

The plot thickens...

At this point, I have no idea what conventions they're following for using old vs new logo.

I'm not sure 343 knows what conventions they're following.

All we know is that the BBC has it completely fucked up.

4617711e82c95ff5202ba561a029bed6-bbc-mistakes-halo-unsc-logo-for-united-nations-logo.jpg

The last one was supposedly #20, but it's iffy because we had things like that HolaGAF for a while, plus Wahrer wanted to call #20, HaloGAF: OT Anniversary. Technically there was no #20 since the last numerical one was #19 which got locked. Ghaleon asked Fracas what he wanted and Fracas responded.

I personally like it. I never liked the fact the Halo OT was called HaloGAF. Should always only be Halo OT or Halo Community Thread OT like the rest.

What happens in 20 years when we get the inevitable Halo reboot which is only called "Halo"?

;)

FyreWulff

Party chat killed it, so developers figure it's better to save the bandwidth

What's going to be fun is due to shared gold on the One, people are going to second account like motherfuckers

Madness

I like HaloGAF :p Good sense of community, IMO.

Of course, we consider ourselves and the people who post here HaloGAF, some have been here almost a decade, some are new juniors. But we post in the Halo community thread. Can't complain that we get too insular and then label the thread HaloGAF. I remember during the DestinyGAF drama, someone posted, I'm glad HaloGAF isn't running it, I don't want anything to do with HaloGAF. Now imagine how many don't want to post here because the name itself refers to the particular GAF community of Halo players as opposed to referring to Halo and the entire series itself. There is a distinction even if it's slight. It's whatever to me. 3 weeks and MCC launches, and then another 3 weeks and the Halo 5 beta starts, threads will be moving quickly.

Madness

Are all the playlists ranked save for the social one? It would suck though to try and rank up only to have the playlist you've done it in, be taken out of rotation.

VinFTW

Of course, we consider ourselves and the people who post here HaloGAF, some have been here almost a decade, some are new juniors. But we post in the Halo community thread. Can't complain that we get too insular and then label the thread HaloGAF. I remember during the DestinyGAF drama, someone posted, I'm glad HaloGAF isn't running it, I don't want anything to do with HaloGAF. Now imagine how many don't want to post here because the name itself refers to the particular GAF community of Halo players as opposed to referring to Halo and the entire series itself. There is a distinction even if it's slight. It's whatever to me. 3 weeks and MCC launches, and then another 3 weeks and the Halo 5 beta starts, threads will be moving quickly.

Good point...

I agree with you now. :p

Are all the playlists ranked save for the social one? It would suck though to try and rank up only to have the playlist you've done it in, be taken out of rotation.

Ya know some dude is gonna get to level 40 Team SWAT(why is that not a permanent playlist considering its popularity again?) over the weekend only for it to be removed on Monday

Madness

Ya know some dude is gonna get to level 40 Team SWAT(why is that not a permanent playlist considering its popularity again?) over the weekend only for it to be removed on Monday

Yeah, I think SWAT is now easily a top 3 or top 5 playlist due to how many play it. Hopefully they decide changes quickly. There is a lot of overlap between the different playlists, I wonder what kind of data they'll be collecting, what maps are being voted for, what game most are playing.

Wonder what will happen with team hardcore or eSports. Would suck to rank up in those, only to have ranks reset everytime it's tweaked or changed out of rotation.

Scrub Mentally is the guy who has to tell his teammates how he died, in detail, every single time.

"awwww this guy came up behind me with the shotgun so I turned around and tried to throw a sticky but it missed and he killed me"

"goddamnit this guy jumped on the platform with the rocket launcher, missed the first shot, and right before I was gonna killed me, he killed himself and me with the second rocket splash damage"

"fuckin' noob combo guys on the top floor, goddamnit"

"oh OK! So the game just chose to lag right before I could finish him off cuz he had no shields, WOW Bungie..."

Thinking about getting the Sunset Overdrive bundle so I can preload the game instead of getting off work at 6pm on Tuesday and have to wait for the game AND the update to load. Dat white console tho. I have no desire to play Sunset Overdrive

VinFTW

Thinking about getting the Sunset Overdrive bundle so I can preload the game instead of getting off work at 6pm on Tuesday and have to wait for the game AND the update to load. Dat white console tho. I have no desire to play Sunset Overdrive

give to me for free, k thanks.

I personally like it. I never liked the fact the Halo OT was called HaloGAF. Should always only be Halo OT or Halo Community Thread OT like the rest of GAF.

This means this same thing as HaloGAF.

It should be called HaloGAF, It's a community thread in a community section. The name of the community is HaloGAF

Omoshai

Neo Member
Just can't understand why Microsoft is so out of touch with reality of there customers. There is no way this 20gb day one update will not end in frustration for hundreds of thousands of gamers, me being one of them.

Its exactly this type of thinking that caused the bad publicity of the initial version of Xbox One. Not looking at the ALL players situations and needs, rather than just a select few. Not thinking through if that 50 cent saving on one extra disk is worth the badwill that will be generated when people find that half the game is missing at launch. Not factoring that ISP bandwidth limits or speeds not adequate enough to get the content in a reasonable time frame for people all across the world, who will jump in wanting to play multiplayer from the get go. Not thinking that maybe people don't just have internet around to download massive game files, that maybe lots of peoples situations this will cause a negative impact to there service. Not thinking that some people only want local multiplayer and not necessarily need or have Xbox live/Internet.

I cannot believe that the cost of a second disk was not seen as worth it, should have just charged gamers the extra couple of cents/dollar. Or as said by other people here, removed Halo 4. A game which really was not necessary for this collection in any way.

jem0208

Scrub Mentally is the guy who has to tell his teammates how he died, in detail, every single time.

"awwww this guy came up behind me with the shotgun so I turned around and tried to throw a sticky but it missed and he killed me"

"goddamnit this guy jumped on the platform with the rocket launcher, missed the first shot, and right before I was gonna killed me, he killed himself and me with the second rocket splash damage"

"fuckin' noob combo guys on the top floor, goddamnit"

"oh OK! So the game just chose to lag right before I could finish him off cuz he had no shields, WOW Bungie..."

I'm pretty sure I do this.

Scrub confirmed :(

Just can't understand why Microsoft is so out of touch with reality of there customers. There is no way this 20gb day one update will not end in frustration for hundreds and thousands of gamers, me being one of them.

Its exactly this type of thinking that caused the bad publicity of the initial version of Xbox One. Not looking at the ALL players situations and needs, rather than just a select few. Not thinking through if that 50 cent saving on one extra disk is worth the badwill that will be generated when people find that half the game is missing at launch. Not factoring that ISP bandwidth limits or speeds not adequate enough to get the content in a reasonable time frame for people all across the world, who will jump in wanting to play multiplayer from the get go. Not thinking that maybe people don't just have internet around to download massive game files, that maybe lots of peoples situations this will cause a negative impact to there service. Not thinking that some people only want local multiplayer and not necessarily need or have Xbox live/Internet.

I cannot believe that the cost of a second disk was not seen as worth it, should have just charged gamers the extra couple of cents/dollar. Or as said by other people here, removed Halo 4. A game which really was not necessary for this collection in any way.

There are quite a couple of reasons why a second disc may not be feasible.

- X1 OS may not be set up for install discs and they wouldn't be able to implement and bug check the feature in time for release.
- They may still working on a lot of the content.

As for removing Halo 4; "Master Chief Collection" - Latest game starring the Chief isn't necessary. Yeah, you're talking rubbish.

willow ve

Just can't understand why Microsoft is so out of touch with reality of there customers. There is no way this 20gb day one update will not end in frustration for hundreds of thousands of gamers, me being one of them.

In other news - I understand the economics of bundling a new IP like Sunset Overdrive with an Xbox One. That makes sense to me as it helps launch a new IP.

But to then turn around and do a bundle with COD and not do a bundle with MCC just baffles me. If there was a MCC bundle I would have it ordered already. As it stands I'm waiting for a deal.

VinFTW

In other news - I understand the economics of bundling a new IP like Sunset Overdrive with an Xbox One. That makes sense to me as it helps launch a new IP.

But to then turn around and do a bundle with COD and not do a bundle with MCC just baffles me. If there was a MCC bundle I would have it ordered already. As it stands I'm waiting for a deal.

CoD will be a bigger system seller than MCC unfortunately and their too close to not affect each other negatively. It's SKU bloat. It sucks but I can understand why from a business sense they would do it.

Top Bottom