• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Havoc2049

http://teambeyond.net/master-chief-collection-will-support-lan/

Yeah, according to some tweets. It's only a ping though, so you don't need an active connection.

I've don't really see the point in bundles, just buy an Xbox and the game. It's not like it's any more difficult.

I think the reason why Halo fans are mainly complaining, is they want a Halo themed Xbox 1, more so than they want a bundle. Just like a bunch of us here and most hardcore Halo fans would love an LE/CE or even Legendary edition of the MCC.

I would also love a nice strategy guide for the MCC with a bunch of cool artwork, history of the series and full color layouts of all the multiplayer maps.

It just seems like 343i/Microsoft is putting in a lot of time, money and effort into hyping the launch of the MCC, but they are forgoing some of the traditional retail fan service that accompanies big AAA releases, such as a strategy guide, soundtrack, themed hardware, LE/CE edition, etc. The MCC is SOOOO much more than Halo CEA, but in a way,the MCC is getting the same treatment at retail. It just seems like a lost opportunity to me, for Microsoft to please fans and make some money on merchandising.

Has anyone heard if the MCC is going to even have a midnight launch at retail?

I honestly think he left due to 20GB download gate and the color discussion about the maps. There was definitely something a bit too negative there for awhile.
also 3 out of 4 ain't bad

color discussion is shit we've been saying since halo 4 launched. there was no negativity in the color discussion.

Frankie isnt the art team so he shouldnt get upset or anything when people fix what the art team seems to not want to fix. and the thread title now is something that frankie said about Halo 4 pre-launch and was tripe.

Madness

I honestly think he left due to 20GB download gate and the color discussion about the maps. There was definitely something a bit too negative there for awhile.
also 3 out of 4 ain't bad

I think him and a lot of other devs are tired of the negativity on GAF, especially gaming side. Not to say everyone should be slurping devs or being PR for them, but we can all see, there is a tendency to be hostile, overtly negative, insulting on gaming side. I think this all just compounded to where he wanted to take a break during this lead up to launch. Who knows though.

I don't think criticism of design choices is what drives devs off, as opposed to the "these morons just don't get it, no one wants this shit" type posts.

jem0208

I think him and a lot of other devs are tired of the negativity on GAF, especially gaming side. Not to say everyone should be slurping devs or being PR for them, but we can all see, there is a tendency to be hostile, overtly negative, insulting on gaming side. I think this all just compounded to where he wanted to take a break during this lead up to launch. Who knows though.

I don't think criticism of design choices is what drives devs off, as opposed to the "these morons just don't get it, no one wants this shit" type posts.

The constant negativity of the gaming community could drive anybody away. It's really a shame that so much discussion focuses on negativity. A thread about a large patch gets 30+ pages with over 1500 posts and a thread showing gameplay gets 5-6 pages. I find it tiring, I can't imagine how devs feel.

I think the reason why Halo fans are mainly complaining, is they want a Halo themed Xbox 1, more so than they want a bundle. Just like a bunch of us here and most hardcore Halo fans would love an LE/CE or even Legendary edition of the MCC.

I would also love a nice strategy guide for the MCC with a bunch of cool artwork, history of the series and full color layouts of all the multiplayer maps.

It just seems like 343i/Microsoft is putting in a lot of time, money and effort into hyping the launch of the MCC, but they are forgoing some of the traditional retail fan service that accompanies big AAA releases, such as a strategy guide, soundtrack, themed hardware, LE/CE edition, etc. The MCC is SOOOO much more than Halo CEA, but in a way,the MCC is getting the same treatment at retail. It just seems like a lost opportunity to me, for Microsoft to please fans and make some money on merchandising.

Has anyone heard if the MCC is going to even have a midnight launch at retail?

This type of bundle is one I can completely understand. However they're typically announced way before hand, so I was only really talking about normal bundles with a standard console and the game.

Talking of bundles though, I don't really like console skins. I think they should do more limited edition controllers.

I Finally 100% Halo 4. Holy. Shit.

I hate multiplayer achievements.

Time to do it again on the MCC!

Except for MP cheevs, thankfully.

A thread about a large patch gets 30+ pages with over 1500 posts and a thread showing gameplay gets 5-6 pages. I find it tiring, I can't imagine how devs feel.

This alone makes me think that there are people in that thread complaining just to complain. Consumers love to cry victim, even if they aren't planning on purchasing whatever the hell they're complaining about.

jem0208

This alone makes me think that there are people in that thread complaining just to complain. Consumers love to cry victim, even if they aren't planning on purchasing whatever the hell they're complaining about.

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Yeah, it's definitely a problem. You see people in negative news threads that never seem to show up in any other thread about the game.

The amount of people with very obvious agendas is extremely annoying.

OT: Just noticed what your avatar is. Hah :p

The world will be a better place once CE's in my hands. Stinkles, let's speed up that process and allow early activation, ya? I'll gladly accept the burden of playtesting it before release :]
The constant negativity of the gaming community could drive anybody away. It's really a shame that so much discussion focuses on negativity. A thread about a large patch gets 30+ pages with over 1500 posts and a thread showing gameplay gets 5-6 pages. I find it tiring, I can't imagine how devs feel.[/SPOILER]
The sad truth.

Yeah, it's definitely a problem. You see people in negative news threads that never seem to show up in any other thread about the game.

Yeah, this was my observation as well. Ugh, I feel bad for the devs.

--

Man, Halo 2 LASO runs will probably be loads easier with that Bandanna skull. I can barely finish Legendary on its own.

Speaking of, how do skulls work in the collection? I never looked into it.

imo an easy solution to solve most of the peoples complains would be to openly publicize the 20 gig update on XBL before launch
that way people with slow connections can already download it before they pick up their physical disks for example
i mean the 20 gig patch should be useless without the disk, so making it available for everyone should be fine i guess

jem0208

Yeah, this was my observation as well. Ugh, I feel bad for the devs.

--

Man, Halo 2 LASO runs will probably be loads easier with that Bandanna skull. I can barely finish Legendary on its own.

Speaking of, how do skulls work in the collection? I never looked into it.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that all of them are unlocked from the start...

However a bunch of the achievements involves finding skulls, so maybe they aren't. Unless the skulls are just collectibles this time around.

Madness

At least I get the infinite ammo and grenades skull for pre-ordering at EbGames. It's probably the only thing that will get me to run Halo 2 campaign on legendary again. I already did it for the ego boost in 04, no need to do it again. Probably will just Normal/Heroic all the campaigns and then stick solely to MP.

Just put money down on an Xbone so I can play MCC at launch

this is how much I love you guys not named ElzarTheBam

looking forward to seeing you on the front lines.

At least I get the infinite ammo and grenades skull for pre-ordering at EbGames. It's probably the only thing that will get me to run Halo 2 campaign on legendary again. I already did it for the ego boost in 04, no need to do it again. Probably will just Normal/Heroic all the campaigns and then stick solely to MP.

As someone mentioned before, Bandana has caused more problems for me than solved. I get 'nade crazy and blow up right away. Plus, you still have to reload.

Madness

Just put money down on an Xbone so I can play MCC at launch

this is how much I love you guys not named ElzarTheBam

Crazy to think our love for the series is causing so many of us to spend $300-$400+ just to play a single game, and not only that, but games we played the hell out of last decade. I hope Black Tusk does something special with Gears as well, take the series forward etc.

looking forward to seeing you on the front lines.

As someone mentioned before, Bandana has caused more problems for me than solved. I get 'nade crazy and blow up right away. Plus, you still have to reload.

I wish I could use this infinite ammo/grenade skull in Halo 4, would make the campaign much better.

Crazy to think our love for the series is causing so many of us to spend $300-$400+ just to play a single game, and not only that, but games we played the hell out of last decade. I hope Black Tusk does something special with Gears as well, take the series forward etc.

I wish I could use this infinite ammo/grenade skull in Halo 4, would make the campaign much better.

'hope black tusk doesnt repeat Judgement tho.

I'll settle for a Marcus Fenix collection man...Gears 3 multiplayer owned my soul for 2012 until Judgement killed the franchise

quinn dehoyo pls...wait he's working on Halo 5 now...uh oh

Mix

Pretty exciting that it's only like 3 weeks out. The Gamestop I work at is allowing me to plan out the midnight launch for it and it's pretty damn ambitious. We're gonna be doing Halo 2 tournaments and giveaways and a bunch of other awesome stuff. I need help with it though lol. Just trying to get stuff together for it. Thinking about doing some good ol' Texas Barbecue for it as well.

wwm0nkey

Pretty exciting that it's only like 3 weeks out. The Gamestop I work at is allowing me to plan out the midnight launch for it and it's pretty damn ambitious. We're gonna be doing Halo 2 tournaments and giveaways and a bunch of other awesome stuff. I need help with it though lol. Just trying to get stuff together for it. Thinking about doing some good ol' Texas Barbecue for it as well.

Just got a seasonal job back there, wonder if I could get them to do something like that.

jem0208

Just cancelled my Xbone pre-order, don't wanna play with ya'll niggas now

:'(

I'm sorry.

I liked it really.
Never played Gears 2 or 3, pls don't kill me :3

Great. I bought the game from US store.

My friend send me this, he bought from New Zeland Store:

"XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 11/11/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 00:01 NZDT ON THE RELEASE DATE"

He play with the game before 1 day the US release date. :(

Oh damn, should start buying games off of the NZ store...

"XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 11/11/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 00:01 NZDT ON THE RELEASE DATE"

wwm0nkey

I think you can just switch your region right?

jem0208

Bummer. It was really fun. Quite different from most other MP games I have played.

I think the main problem was that I was getting absolutely destroyed, I've also never been as keen on third person shooters.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I'd given it enough time to get reasonably decent at the game. However it was a beta, so I never really had the chance.

I'd definitely pick up a Marcus Fenix collection though, so I could play through 2 and 3.

Mix

Just got a seasonal job back there, wonder if I could get them to do something like that.

It's a lot of fun but super stressful. I'm probably gonna get promoted before the end of the holidays if all goes well.

EDIT: If you want your Gamertag included in the Master Chief Collection OT to find people to play with please send it to me in a PM under the subject line "MCC Gamertag Swap" and I'll put it in the OT

VinFTW

Bitch, you like me like certain folk like fried chicken.

tumblr_m35jlhpnHI1r1onmy.gif

I think the main problem was that I was getting absolutely destroyed, I've also never been as keen on third person shooters.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I'd given it enough time to get reasonably decent at the game. However it was a beta, so I never really had the chance.

I'd definitely pick up a Marcus Fenix collection though, so I could play through 2 and 3.

Yeah it certainly plays different and takes a bit to learn certain things. I was by no means an expert but I feel like at my best o was better at Gears than I have ever been at Halo. But it took me a ton of time to get there.

Also, Gears has the most satisfying kills of any game ever. No contest.

Yeah it certainly plays different and takes a bit to learn certain things. I was by no means an expert but I feel like at my best o was better at Gears than I have ever been at Halo. But it took me a ton of time to get there.

QFT. Nothing felt more rewarding than killing everyone in Gears. Just felt... right.

jem0208

Oh, I'd have to agree with that.

Gibs, gibs everywhere.

Sadly, it was mostly my gibs :(

Top Bottom