• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

ElRenoRaven

The bumpers on the X1 pad are bumming me out. Deflating my MMC hype. Holding the right bumper for the motion tracker in Alien is an arthritic chore.

Yea you have to learn how to use them. You don't use them like the old ones. you have to use the base of your finger. They work really well then. Having played a ton of Destiny on Xbone lately it's taken me a long while to get used to that.

Good to see plenty of other Halogaffers picking up the console and the game. Feel free to add me on live if you want. Tag is the same as here. We'll have to get some GAF games going without a doubt.

Also, Gears 3 best mp of the series. Come at me.

its a tough one because gears 1 was the first multiplayer game that i really spent time with and wanted to master. the whole experience was so hardcore, people would talk shit in the lobbies and then wait for the host to start the war, 12 rounds warzone was the go to playlist and if u die u aint spawning for the rest of the round.

the maps were just awesome, imo the best maps of any game last gen, so many classics like gridlock, war machine, escalation, clock tower, fuel depot, , mansion, raven down, old bones (so underrated i really hope it gets remade for the new gears).

overall taking everything into consideration gears 3 is probably better because its basically gears 1 on steds, fuck gears 2 its the halo reach/4 of the franchise

aycb

Neo Member
Yea you have to learn how to use them. You don't use them like the old ones. you have to use the base of your finger. They work really well then. Having played a ton of Destiny on Xbone lately it's taken me a long while to get used to that.

Good to see plenty of other Halogaffers picking up the console and the game. Feel free to add me on live if you want. Tag is the same as here. We'll have to get some GAF games going without a doubt.

My transition from 360 to One bumpers was very smooth. I already held my hand in a way that I used the side/base of my finger to use the bumpers.

I have a feeling that they looked at how players used them and this was the norm (or the few designers used it this way)

JoeDanny

City.jpg

Ofek9cp.png

Now I'm all hot and bothered

VinFTW

I also would prefer to play with people who know what they're doing instead of a bunch of scrubs.

Mines Vin FTW (my username with a space).

Now I'm all hot and bothered

I said GAT DAMN.

Seriously, that was one of the coolest environments in H2. I honestly can't wait to see how cool some of the more exotic locations look like with the new graphics (and cutscenes). That area with the giant bell looking structure in the back (containment map has it in the background). Think the level is at night, is gonna look SO good. Same with arby's flying mission.

Ugh. Is it Nov 11th yet?

I'm relatively new here, but not to Halo. I'm a 6 year member of bnet but ever since the desticles took over the forums I've been hanging out here more and more. I feel sorry for the plebs at lolwaypoint though.

I'm relatively new here, but not to Halo. I'm a 6 year member of bnet but ever since the desticles took over the forums I've been hanging out here more and more. I feel sorry for the plebs at lolwaypoint though.

they chose the community that welcomed them the easiest, i mean most of them want all these modern elements in Halo but hey, to each their own.

welcome to HaloGAF. lets not bash other communities quite so obviously. take it from me.

VinFTW

What's on the docket this week for ign first?

h3/h4 SP and Mp footage and I think wed/thurs are viewer request livestreams for maps/modes

they chose the community that welcomed them the easiest, i mean most of them want all these modern elements in Halo but hey, to each their own.

welcome to HaloGAF. lets not bash other communities quite so obviously. take it from me.

Dat "lets talk sprint" thread doe...

what did i just read? lol

I hope HaloGAF customs are good, I think the only time I played with people on GAF was to boost achievements in Halo 4 lol.

h3/h4 SP and Mp footage and I think wed/thurs are viewer request livestreams for maps/modes

Dat "lets talk sprint" thread doe...

that thread is one of the reasons im banned from Waypoint.

what did i just read? lol

I hope HaloGAF customs are good, I think the only time I played with people on GAF was to boost achievements in Halo 4 lol.

We will get customs going and when people tire then... Killer instinct.

antigoon

HaloGAF is a little intimidating at times. Some of you guys have been here a long time. You have a reputation and your posts carry weight. I'm definitely using the launch of MCC to get myself more involved. I love Halo and I want to share my appreciation and experiences with this awesome franchise with like minded individuals.

I'm definitely in the same boat here. Adding you and Vin on Live as well (GT: BigSolar)

VinFTW

Hello HaloGAF, I have a tiny snippet of the MCC OT here. Which of these images do you think fits best?

Either of the middle two. Probably the old version, but I wouldn't be against the new one (middle left). I like the art-style.

I'll add you guys when I get on next (sometime tomorrow).

Looking froward to HaloGAF customs.

We should rotate. I'd be down to do it once a month or so. If we had three or four people spearheading it, that'd be sweet.

That's a good idea actually. Once a month would be doable for me too.

Here's my draft MCC custom list:

Pre-playlist Halo 2 SWAT with grenades and damage resistance on Lockout
Team Snipers on Foundation
1-Flag on Headlong
Plasma Pistol Beat-Down on Midship
Assault on Zanzibar
Swords on Beaver Creek
Territories on Turf

anybody asking about Halo 3 or 4 will be immediately booted

Top Bottom