• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

I'll settle for a Marcus Fenix collection man...Gears 3 multiplayer owned my soul for 2012 until Judgement killed the franchise

quinn dehoyo pls...wait he's working on Halo 5 now...uh oh
I remember when Quinn got into a slight kerfuffle with Bravo when revealing Daybreak. Bravo kept referring to top mid as.. top mid, but Quinn wanted to awkwardly force the callout as the "spine" lol. Seemed like Bravo wanted to just be like, "No." when Quinn was throwing a dig at Halo fans for using the same terms for callouts for so many years. I found it funny as it was a clear depiction of old vs new.

Tangent:
Not-so
Funny story, one night some friends and I were watching I Am Legend and I heard one of my friends say, "This reminds me of black supremist" to which I chuckled and said, "You damn racist!" He looked at me with such confusion and said, "I said Marcus Fenix."

Why did I feel the need to tell you this?
"What do you mean, 'you?'"
Minorities and thuglife white kids love competitive Gears <3
Anecdotal fact
, dun ban me pls.
Let's pleh sometime, guy. FR sent.

Halo's a cool guy.

Welfare

I remember when Quinn got into a slight kerfuffle with Bravo when revealing Daybreak. Bravo kept referring to top mid as.. top mid, but Quinn wanted to awkwardly force the callout as the "spine" lol. Seemed like Bravo wanted to just be like, "No." when Quinn was throwing a dig at Halo fans for using the same terms for callouts for so many years. I found it funny as it was a clear depiction of old vs new.

Now that is akward. Why would some one call top mid something different? It's fast and easy to call out and remember. "Spine" is just trying hard to be original.

jem0208

22 days O M G

edit: I caved to internal pressure and got Horizon 2 yesterday. Game is so fun and holy shit gorgeous.

I saw someone describe that game as "digital crack" I thought it was quite apt.

If it weren't for the MCC, Horizon 2 would be my GOTY for sure.

Am I hired yet?

image.php

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought a $50 Xbox gift card using $43.70 in Gamestop credit. Once the code arrives I'll be buying MCC! :) :) :)

And then waiting desperately for the next three weeks to pass. :-( :-( :-(

Do you mean impulse triggers?

I really wish more devs would take advantage of them. They're really cool. They make driving in Forza so much better.

I can't really feel them or they feel very similar to the base pad rumble to me, sometimes they make a really obvious slightly high pitch spinning noise too when going full blast. Launch day controller.

Would have been awesome if they actually pushed or added more resistance to the triggers instead, like a force feedback of sorts.

VinFTW

thank god these next 3 weeks are rittled with exams for me. Gonna go by so quick and then launch week I'll no exams to worry about since there all now :p

wont be able to play sunset till the 30th though

The bumpers on the X1 pad are bumming me out. Deflating my MMC hype. Holding the right bumper for the motion tracker in Alien is an arthritic chore.

That's not saying much.

Use the middle part of your finger rather than the tip. It feels fine to me.

true, tps multiplayer usually sucks but gears for me is on the same level as the best fps. the balance, skill ceiling, maps is incredible. and the bumpers are annoying me too, they are way too stiff and the shape is weird

VinFTW

I think you guys are looking at the bumpers the wrong way maybe?

I'm actually stoked with the new bumpers. It feels like an extension of the trigger. My finger tip for the trigger and my middle of my index finger for the bumpers.

My index finger won't have to ever leave the trigger to enjoy bumper jumper, just use the middle of it.

antigoon

I think you guys are looking at the bumpers the wrong way maybe?

I'm actually stoked with the new bumpers. It feels like an extension of the trigger. My finger tip for the trigger and my middle of my index finger for the bumpers.

My index finger won't have to ever leave the trigger to enjoy bumper jumper, just use the middle of it.

Yeah I don't really mind the bumpers at all. Then again, I haven't played a game on the Xbox One where I need to use them constantly.

Mix

I'm surprised at the number of GAFfers who stalk the HaloGAF thread but have never posted in it. Asking for gamertags, I'm really surprised at the number of Tags I've gotten from people who I've never seen post at all, let alone HaloGAF.

m23

I can't really feel them or they feel very similar to the base pad rumble to me, sometimes they make a really obvious slightly high pitch spinning noise too when going full blast. Launch day controller.

Would have been awesome if they actually pushed or added more resistance to the triggers instead, like a force feedback of sorts.

The impulse triggers are very strong in Forza 5 as well as horizon 2, at least for me. Braking is where it gives crazy feedback from the tires.

Also, Gears 3 best mp of the series. Come at me.

Welfare

I'm surprised at the number of GAFfers who stalk the HaloGAF thread but have never posted in it. Asking for gamertags, I'm really surprised at the number of Tags I've gotten from people who I've never seen post at all, let alone HaloGAF.
Either they're

A. Scared
Or
B. Waiting for the MCC OT

Well, HaloGAF does have a... unique atmosphere. Not everyone's going to up to participating.

The Flash

Banned
HaloGAF is a little intimidating at times. Some of you guys have been here a long time. You have a reputation and your posts carry weight. I'm definitely using the launch of MCC to get myself more involved. I love Halo and I want to share my appreciation and experiences with this awesome franchise with like minded individuals.

VinFTW

HaloGAF is a little intimidating at times. Some of you guys have been here a long time. You have a reputation and your posts carry weight. I'm definitely using the launch of MCC to get myself more involved. I love Halo and I want to share my appreciation and experiences with this awesome franchise with like minded individuals.

Fuck yeah.

Can't wait to reck shop with you bros.

Top Bottom