• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Scooby

yMHi7Yu.png

Vico

IGN 8.75/10

MP looks and feels somewhat refreshing, yet its dated gameplay is just sugar coated with pretty graphics & better fps along with impressive cgi cutscenes for h2a. 3 outta 4 ain't bad.

Pros:
IGN First
Cortana's next-gen butt

Cons:
Still No Aim Down Sights

jem0208

I can't really feel them or they feel very similar to the base pad rumble to me, sometimes they make a really obvious slightly high pitch spinning noise too when going full blast. Launch day controller.

Would have been awesome if they actually pushed or added more resistance to the triggers instead, like a force feedback of sorts.
I've noticed that sometimes they don't feel like they're working at all. They'll sound really loud but you won't be able to feel them. Always happened in Forza 5. Hasn't happened in Forza Horizon though...

If I remember rightly, you get feedback during weapon fire and it sort of rattles when your magazine is starting to run low. It feels really authentic.

Oh that sounds awesome.

Well, HaloGAF does have a... unique atmosphere. Not everyone's going to up to participating.

When I first came here I had no idea what was going on. There are so many inside jokes... Still fun though. I need some people to play the MCC with as well.

thanks for the welcomes. i like the maturity of these forums, other than the outburst over the 20gb update thing...

Haha aha hah.

You might want to try and get used to that sort of outburst.

I hope everyone liked that first little snippet. We're going with top left

Aww, I was sleeping.

Ryan better give the MCC a fucking 10/10.

5/10 - font is too big.

Onikaan

Does anyone know if I can use Xbox Live gift card credit to partially pay for a game? as in use the £25 card and pay the rest normally?

Think I'll go digital for the MCC if I can.

jem0208

Does anyone know if I can use Xbox Live gift card credit to partially pay for a game? as in use the £25 card and pay the rest normally?

Think I'll go digital for the MCC if I can.

I know you can use credit to pay for part of the price of something, and then pay the rest using a card or paypal. I don't know if the gift cards count towards that credit. I assume they do.

Ataxia

Why are people not talking about this more? I know I'm not the only person it has happened to.

penHF2y.png

I've used at least 70GB of my monthly allowance downloading the Master Chief Collection because of a bug. Apparently if you turn your Xbox off while downloading, when you turn it back on it resets the progress bar and you have to download it all again - even though it downloaded in the background while the console is off.

Has never happened with any other game. Very irritating.

Why are people not talking about this more? I know I'm not the only person it has happened to.

penHF2y.png

I've used at least 70GB of my monthly allowance downloading the Master Chief Collection because of a bug. Apparently if you turn your Xbox off while downloading, when you turn it back on it resets the progress bar and you have to download it all again - even though it downloaded in the background while the console is off.

WHAT!?!?

Jesus... I'd better check my usage.
I'd not heard of that, I wonder what Optus will slug me.

Ataxia

WHAT!?!?

Jesus... I'd better check my usage.
I'd not heard of that, I wonder what Optus will slug me.

Yeah. Apparently it's fine if you leave the console off long enough for it to download completely, but I've had it jump from around 75% to 32% like twice now because I turned it on before then.

Such a pain in the ass for people with caps. 40% of my allowance in two days. And I'm only at 71% right now. Ridiculous

penHF2y.png

People have been talking about it. Mostly over gaming side. People say it resets from 30-something to 5% repeatedly. Strange.

I'm just going to have to take my Xbone to a friend who has the fastest internet so we only have to download the patch once.

penHF2y.png

yeah same shit happened to me, very annoying. Also occurred w/ Sunset, Evil Within, Forza preload

Akai__

Have you guys checked what the bandwidth usage says in the Xbox One?

I would report that to MS, if this is really an issue. Seems like you guys downloaded the game almost twice.

And the 20GB content isn't out yet, right?

Ataxia

Have you guys checked what the bandwidth usage says in the Xbox One?

I would report that to MS, if this is really an issue. Seems like you guys downloaded the game almost twice.

And the 20GB content isn't out yet, right?
Yah I did. My Xbox has been downloading roughly 2-3GB an hour since I started. I didn't have any issues with Destiny, Forza or even Metro Redux so I assumed it was a problem with this game in particular.

And no, the 20GB update isn't even out yet.

Akai__

Solid but not spectacular

How can Halo: MCC collection get a worse rating, than Halo 4 (9.8), if Halo 4 is included in the collection? By IGN's (Ryan's) logic, it has to be a minimum of 9.8.

Either way, I really don't care about reviews anyways and you guys shouldn't care, either. Metacritics are the worst thing ever.

keezy

Did anybody else pre-load MCC? I didn't see that 20GB patch downloaded. I checked the game details and its still at 50GBs.

Is this going to be pushed out soon? I know it was confirmed if you bought the digital version you'd wouldn't have to DL the day 1 patch.

How can Halo: MCC collection get a worse rating, than Halo 4 (9.8), if Halo 4 is included in the collection? By IGN's (Ryan's) logic, it has to be a minimum of 9.8.

Either way, I really don't care about reviews anyways and you guys shouldn't care, either. Metacritics are the worst thing ever.

um it was a joke, remember twilight princess reviews?

GrizzNKev

Banned
Did anybody else pre-load MCC? I didn't see that 20GB patch downloaded. I checked the game details and its still at 50GBs.

Is this going to be pushed out soon? I know it was confirmed if you bought the digital version you'd wouldn't have to DL the day 1 patch.

You'll have it by the time the game unlocks.

keezy

You'll have it by the time the game unlocks.

Cool. That's what I figured. I was a little worried because I kept on 'Pausing' the install when I was playing games and then resuming the install/download when I was done. Just wanted to make sure that didn't break anything.

Top Bottom