• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

I'm debating getting an X1 for this specific game (and some games that are probably going to be released for Fall 2015).

I'm hoping this game will feel populated and alive. Does anyone know when it comes to armor if you have to unlock them per game or are you given all of them at the start?

Also any rumors of a X1 MCC bundle? I might just wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if there are any deals to buy the X1 then just buy MCC digital if I can score some discounts on Microsoft points.

All armors are (as I understand it) unlocked from the start, and the only MCC bundle I've seen is limited to Brazil. There may be some retailer specific ones that start cropping up as the date gets closer, though.

All the remastered tracks were thoroughly enjoyable. I love 'Unforgotten Memories'.

I wish we could've heard 'Heretic, Hero,' though, as that's my favorite track from Halo 2. Give me 'Heretic, Hero'!

So...this game is just soooo weird... In the best way possible.

Steve Vai was my favorite guitarist and musician before I played Halo. He played parts for Halo 2 and that was amazing, but he's back and sounds absolutely incredible.

giphy.gif

Ramirez

Earth City sounds great, damn shame we'll prolly never hear Marty on Halo again. His Destiny stuff is fantastic too, why can't everyone get along?

Madness

Sounds so good! Can't wait to hear all the new audio in game. See how much of a difference it all makes as one cohesive package.

All the remastered tracks were thoroughly enjoyable. I love 'Unforgotten Memories'.

I wish we could've heard 'Heretic, Hero,' though, as that's my favorite track from Halo 2. Give me 'Heretic, Hero'!

Yeah...I thought something sound "off" in the PAX demo of the song, but this rendition sounds spine tingling good.

THIS is what reminds of why I love Halo so much. Yes, the gameplay is incredibly satisfying and engaging, but when the music kicks in...

o_O

The feeeeeels

Fracas

#fuckonami
As much to do with what Tootsi said as anything else.

Look, I have a thick skin. In some ways, I used to get paid to have a thick skin, but the title literally said, "Your game is bad," and ostensibly said, "people who like it aren't welcome here." It set the tone for the whole conversation. The edited title is STILL SNARKY but at least obscure enough that most people won't get it.

The gaming side is a cesspit of endless negativity right now. Which is why I come to Community and OT.

Gaf prospered and became a great place for conversation firstly because of great moderation, in every sense of that word. Secondly, that clean, well lighted place became attractive to devs and other folks from the game industry and that increased the richness of the conversations.

But over the years - and I know some of you guys have noticed this - the grinding, endless repetition of attacks and rudeness just finally became too much for a LOT of devs who no longer visit at all. It's to them, not worth the hassle.

For all I know they've been replaced by new devs, but I don't see a lot of the old names and it's because of tone. Gaf can probably survive and prosper without them, and it should be allowed to evolve into whatever it's gonna evolve into, and god knows it doesn't need to be some rainbow-world of happy adulation or dev-worship.

But I come to this thread for fun conversations with friends. Imagine you went to a forum and saw the title read, "OT 8: Your Mom is Fat and Your Work is Useless"

Why would or should you condone that with your input?

Did I get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? Nope. I think I'm making a reasonable point.

Is it OK to criticize Halo 4 in here? LOL, if criticism of Halo 4 was what is annoying me, kindly explain my last thousand posts in here...

No, I get your point. I thought the title was a well-intentioned ribbing, but I totally see your view. While I still think it's a funny title, making people uncomfortable isn't something I wanted to do.

Bossniak

Never did this, might as well.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
09-13-2009. Lurking always.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
23. PA

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since Halo 1 CE on PC. Mostly played Halo Custom Edition on PC. Xfire shows 1600+ hours played. I didn't play ODST and Halo 4.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Multiplayer

What is your favorite playlist?
Free for all Slayer and 8v8 CTF

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
Bosnian who enjoys playing wide variety of games. I stopped caring for Halo after Halo 3. I played on PC mostly and go back to it here and there. But now I am really excited for Halo 1 multiplayer on Xbox Live and hope more people enjoy playing Halo 1 so we get more playlists for it!

Nowise10

/humbled

Isn't nowise the same guy modding wheelchairs into Reach as a joke game type? Don't fall off your horse bruh, might break your legs and need one of those.

It was a parody video, yes.

But I don't even understand how these is relevant to what I discussed. I'm not representing a community and a videogame with my 15 second video. Nor does it state anything negative to one game.

Stinkles, this reminds me...Is there an MCC MP3/CD music collection planned for release?

I know there are separate soundtracks, but would be neat to have it all in one place. That would be A LOT of music though.

Road Trip + Halo music = Bliss

Oh god, listening to Kilindini Harbour....the NOSTALGIA.

Dem feels.

Although it also bring up the bitter memory of THE E3 Halo 2 demo that never was actually the game.

But still. Goosebumps.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

But I don't even understand how these is relevant to what I discussed. I'm not representing a community and a videogame with my 15 second video. Nor does it state anything negative to one game.

I'd also argue we deserved that. It was ill-considered, meant to be inclusive, but fell way worse than flat. Serves us right.

Also, I like IGN's music player. Just works.

Neper

Neo Member
So, I played my Halo CEA today and it has been updated (odd, because I last played it a couple of weeks ago without any kind of update prompt). I then entered Halo 4 (updated as expected), and also Halo 3, which ALSO got an update.

Is 343 patching every game in the MCC and also releasing those bugfixes in X360? I haven't played Halo 3 in like 2 years, but I found odd that all those games just asked me to get updated today.

So, I played my Halo CEA today and it has been updated (odd, because I last played it a couple of weeks ago without any kind of update prompt). I then entered Halo 4 (updated as expected), and also Halo 3, which ALSO got an update.

Is 343 patching every game in the MCC and also releasing those bugfixes in X360? I haven't played Halo 3 in like 2 years, but I found odd that all those games just asked me to get updated today.

Updates don't stay on your 360 forever, you were just redownloading old updates.

THIS is still the best parody video ever created.

H2A Forge is looking miles ahead of H4's Forge so I guess in a sense it worked.

The musics are awesome really! I cannot wait to hear Peril, In Amber clad and High Charity suite. Impart is definitely my favorite for now until I hear more of them, the main theme is also :O___

I am hyped so much! November is too far!

I will say this about halo 4 in the MCC, it will be nice to bounce between all 4 games since they all have their differences, shoot my way around, mix things up a little.

*edit* really want to replay the campaign in full 1080 glory, that first section with chief waking up is going to give me a semi.

Madness

I'd also argue we deserved that. It was ill-considered, meant to be inclusive, but fell way worse than flat. Serves us right.

Also, I like IGN's music player. Just works.

I never thought it was as bad as people wanted to make it. Think it got rolled into the post Halo 4 launch snark. The handicap symbol is the international symbol of access/accessibility. I could see the point he was making. I should probably check my able bodied privilege though before saying it wasn't offensive.

Fuchsdh

The GUNGNIR Mix with Vai sounds almost like a stadium rock live recording. Rest sounds generally more brassy, sad that the oboes or whatever are minimized in the prelude, though. I loved that element in the original.

Top Bottom