• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Akai__

in the Nightfall thing that was in the IGN article, how the fuck does Locke become the "leader of ONI"?

I only watched the video and they only refer to him as "leader", when they talk about the team he is leading. Not sure, what's up with that, but I doubt he is the leader of ONI. Would be strange. :/

Cow

That announcer at the start of H2A one flag CTF is cringeworthy. How is saying what he said any more effective than "capture the flag!"

Welfare

That announcer at the start of H2A one flag CTF is cringeworthy. How is saying what he said any more effective than "capture the flag!"

I guess it's their way of being more "accessible". Will be VERY annoying if that play at the beginning of every match. Should be a toggle, or only plays during your first match.

VinFTW

Yeah I agree completely with this.

It just doesn't sound right... at all.

And it plays for every round :p

They really need to cut down on some stuff, IMO.

I liked just the sounds and "flag dropped" etc it made when someone captured, grabbed or dropped your flag.

Having 1-2 sentences for every action is just too much.

Madness

Sorry Mix, I really like some of the other title suggestions here than just Mjolnir Mix. I get the wordplay with your name and the theme, but it's more a collection of all Halo games, and I think even the new H2A version is called Gungnir Mix etc. So it's not necessarily the best title, in my opinion.

Here's what I'd use, I think this may have been said or was similar.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection OT - Halo never died, it was just missing in action.

I personally don't mind a little snark as long as it's not insulting. I don't like obscure jokes that the community at large doesn't get, nor do I like straight titles ie. Halo MCC OT: This is Halo etc. Either way, you've got a lot of great suggestions to work with.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Halo: The Master Chief Collection OT - Halo never died, it was just missing in action.

Ding ding ding.

Perfect, without being an outright jab.
and it has nothing to do with the content update

// formatted
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Chief beats EVERYTHING!

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| To War...again.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| This is Spartan 117! Can anyone read me?

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Did I give you permission to bitch, soldier?

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| When you first saw Halo, were you blinded by its majesty?

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| M.I.A

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Clean your visor, jackass.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| For a brick, he flew pretty good.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Our big green style cannot be defeated!

The IWHBYD skull is wonderful.

Best I could think of really, most are probably too long.

woodland

I just hope there's no sprint in H5, just increased movement speed. Maybe some new thrust-like abilities or something.

My man. Too many people give up on campaigning against sprint since it's "inevitable". I may agree but fuck get it out.

Would defs be down for a small booster/thrust thing though. If anyone played Shadowrun, having an abort booster for a quick left/right strafe-direction boost at the cost of shields would be pretty tight. Like wired reflexes.

VinFTW

My man. Too many people give up on campaigning against sprint since it's "inevitable". I may agree but fuck get it out.

Would defs be down for a small booster/thrust thing though. If anyone played Shadowrun, having an abort booster for a quick left/right strafe-direction boost at the cost of shields would be pretty tight. Like wired reflexes.

Yeah... I gotta say. I'm super anxious to see H5 beta.

If I see sprint though... :/

They can def. make Halo 5 still feel like Halo without something as game breaking as sprint.

I believe they'll do us right.

Cow

I agree, it's a shame really. Sprint is so bad for gameplay and map design. Like I've said before we can just treat the Halo 5 beta as a try before you buy... if you don't like it and you don't see any signs they've fixed the issues then don't get the final game, we have the MCC to fall back on now. I'm waiting to see the approach to sprint and spartan abilities but if it's anything like Halo 4, I'll pass on H5.

Welfare

An arena shooter has no need for sprint, but please do increase movement speed. The sticks are analogue, so use 'em.

Well, is Halo 5 really going to be an Arena shooter? There might be small 4v4 maps, but is it going to be "Arena"? I'm just worried that 343 are using it as a tagline to get us interested, play the beta and spread the good word, and when Halo 5 does come out, that's all thrown out for the "CoD crowd".

I might be worrying too much, but I mean, Halo 4 still has left a sour taste in my mouth in terms of MM.

VinFTW

Well I wouldn't go that far Cow. It's a year prior to release of the full game.

MAYBE, if they have it in there and people complain enough they'll take it out. That's is one of the major reasons there having a proper, 3 week long beta 1 year before release.

I share many of u guys sentiments, halo 5 needs to keep the halo formula but speeded up because after playing titanfall halo feels very slow. Remove sprint but increase base movement , thrusters are good, double jumping hell yes

Yeah... I gotta say. I'm super anxious to see H5 beta.

If I see sprint though... :/

They can def. make Halo 5 still feel like Halo without something as game breaking as sprint.

I believe they'll do us right.

Looks like sprint is in by the nature of the map design. At least to me, it gives us a clue. Look at the new Midship for example. It's wider and more spacious than before, which could mean they are compensating for sprint.

Hope not, but I'm not going to be surprised.

I share many of u guys sentiments, halo 5 needs to keep the halo formula but speeded up because after playing titanfall halo feels very slow. Remove sprint but increase base movement , thrusters are good, double jumping hell yes

So...just because some game is faster that means Halo needs to be sped up?

MKAY SURE

Remove sprint but increase base movement , thrusters are good, double jumping hell yes
Thrusters are cool, but double jumping would require another element to focus on with map design. Thrusters could fit well into Halo CE or Halo 2, but double jumps would make those games pretty different, for example.

Double Jumps as a Power-up though? Hell yuh!

Welfare

Well I wouldn't go that far Cow. It's a year prior to release of the full game.

MAYBE, if they have it in there and people complain enough they'll take it out. That's is one of the major reasons there having a proper, 3 week long beta 1 year before release.

They won't take out something like sprint less than 1 year out from launch. That will most likely screw up the map design too much. If it's in the Beta, it's staying.

VinFTW

Maybe the map design in the new midship is wider because of the new spartan abilities?

(still convinced the CG h5 beta teaser confirmed sprint :/)

MKAY SURE
Well yes because its fustrating to be restricted to a crawling speed once u have experienced something far quicker
Thrusters are cool, but double jumping would require another element to focus on with map design. Thrusters could fit well into Halo CE or Halo 2, but double jumps would make those games pretty different, for example.

Double Jumps as a Power-up though? Hell yuh!
True but maybe its time halo added greater verticality

GrizzNKev

Banned
Sprint needs to go away. It invalidates the flow of combat by allowing people who make tactical mistakes to run away. Almost every encounter becomes running away. Halo should be about making decisions and dealing with the consequences. I agree that limited boosters for a quick change of direction is fine.

The main point, which I said in reference to H2A MP as well, is that you can make a collection of subtle changes to Halo to create an entire new game without stepping all over the core principles.

MKAY SURE

trying to be more positive in this thread and then you go and post something fucking stupid like this.
1. Halo should have faster movement without sprint
2. Titanfall may not be an arena game, but the movement speed without sprint in that game is good.
3. Why the fuck do you think 343 added all the shit into halo 4?
BECAUSE EVERY OTHER FUCKING "MODERN" GAME HAD IT.
4. Fucking get rid of all the non halo shit
stop being a twat

Cxv9ExY.gif

Perfect.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I wish Halo could just keep on being its own thing, blind to the trends of modern FPS. And come on, we all know that modern FPS just means CoD4 and its clones and sequels.

Blueblur1

Sorry Mix, I really like some of the other title suggestions here than just Mjolnir Mix. I get the wordplay with your name and the theme, but it's more a collection of all Halo games, and I think even the new H2A version is called Gungnir Mix etc. So it's not necessarily the best title, in my opinion.

Here's what I'd use, I think this may have been said or was similar.

I personally don't mind a little snark as long as it's not insulting. I don't like obscure jokes that the community at large doesn't get, nor do I like straight titles ie. Halo MCC OT: This is Halo etc. Either way, you've got a lot of great suggestions to work with.

Perfect.

Australian Azure datacentres open next week. Microsoft have awoken me and 343 just have to give me a mission...please confirm Aussie servers at launch.

Monday the company announced the latest milestone in the global expansion of Azure, with general availability of Azure in the Australia region next week. Source

tumblr_mcx7dtCUlK1qen1meo1_400.gif

I wish Halo could just keep on being its own thing, blind to the trends of modern FPS. And come on, we all know that modern FPS just means CoD4 and its clones and sequels.

I'd argue that there's good modern FPS trends and bad modern FPS trends. Sprint, ADS, loadouts, those are bad modern FPS trends. But the rising prominence of verticality and movement? That's pretty good.

Top Bottom