• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

jem0208

for not staying on topic, apparently.
Oh. So basically half of Gaf should be banned...

Going off topic is a pretty common occurrence.

Anyway, it's only two weeks. Back in time for the MCC release.

Back on topic, I wonder what time the game unlocks for the UK.

Impala26

True story:

I got perma'd on B.net for simply asking about the map "Colossus" that had been part of a package of leaked info a couple of weeks before the release of Halo 2. The funny thing is I think Shiska only meant to ban me for two weeks, given his PM where he explicitly said "Sorry... just take your two weeks like a man..." and yet my ban message said "you're banned from B.net until xx/xx/3004. Subsequent inquiries by myself to Bungie were of course ignored, lol.

Guess Shiska really like dropping the perma-ban-hammer in those weeks leading up to Halo 2...

dwells

True story:

I got perma'd on B.net for simply asking about the map "Colossus" that had been part of a package of leaked info a couple of weeks before the release of Halo 2. The funny thing is I think Shiska only meant to ban me for two weeks, given his PM where he explicitly said "Sorry... just take your two weeks like a man..." and yet my ban message said "you're banned from B.net until xx/xx/3004. Subsequent inquiries by myself to Bungie were of course ignored, lol.

Guess Shiska really like dropping the perma-ban-hammer in those weeks leading up to Halo 2...

They banned people all the time for ridiculous reasons. I had the same account permabanned a couple times but managed to get both lifted with some luck.

Their attitude at the time was often really awful. You could definitely tell that the success of the title had gone to their heads. There were some staff members in particular that had a whole lot of hubris going on.

Welfare

True story:

God damn. Good thing I only lurked til the Reach days. By then no one cared any more.
Unless you were Flood. Everyone fucking cared.

Fuchsdh

Not sure what you mean. Here is the bungie weekly update that explained all of this clearly. Halo 3 BR is not a hitscan weapon:

http://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=14347

Just like the Sniper Rifle in the example above, at certain ranges, the Rifle will behave like an instant hit weapon – this would be at distances at or inside the range that a three round burst can travel in a single frame. Outside of that relatively small distance – the Battle Rifle changes considerably from its Halo 2 predecessor.

jem0208

God damn. Good thing I only lurked til the Reach days. By then no one cared any more.
Oh man, I remember the Flood. It was great there. Then they ruined it with the destiny update.

My Coup was awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't gone on the B.net forums since the I Love Bees days, lol.

Impala26

Oddly enough, even though my XBL Gamertag was linked to that BNet account, I was allowed to create a new account with the same Tag linked in the leadup to Destiny.

I guess their Halo-related forum database was basically wiped during the transition to all things Destiny.

Current trending topics in the BNet "OffTopic" Forum:

"So I found out that I'm adopted"
"I Think a Girl Might Finally Like Me !"
"Not sure why I am so emotional today but...thought I'd share."
"I am growing facial hair !"
"How do super religious people handle their sexual frustrations?"

Just like the Sniper Rifle in the example above, at certain ranges, the Rifle will behave like an instant hit weapon – this would be at distances at or inside the range that a three round burst can travel in a single frame. Outside of that relatively small distance – the Battle Rifle changes considerably from its Halo 2 predecessor.

Gotcha. That's cool we can still pull that up and look at it.

Sephzilla

lol

This sounds like "GAF Off Topic" for 15 year olds

Dude. Reading comprehension. It's not hit-scan and never was. The idea is that when very few frames are involved in the time the bullet "travels" it should essentially feel like it. Add in the shit netcode, and for many people in more rural areas, like myself, it never felt hit-scan, no matter what the range. Shit, even on LAN, Bungie's bullshit comparison wasn't even accurate.

jem0208

Oddly enough, even though my XBL Gamertag was linked to that BNet account, I was allowed to create a new account with the same Tag linked in the leadup to Destiny.

I guess their Halo-related forum database was basically wiped during the transition to all things Destiny.

Yup it's shit now.

It was probably shit back then as well. I just thought it was good because I was 15.

Still, Coup was awesome.

Edit: although I swear it was better than that... It was mostly talking about games.

Welfare

Before Destiny came out, they unbanned everyone for a fresh start I believe.

And yeah, #OffTopic is crap. I think some old Flood users made their own site with Bungie.old designs and rules.

Yup it's shit now.

It was probably shit back then as well. I just thought it was good because I was 15.

Still, Coup was awesome.

Edit: although I swear it was better than that... It was mostly talking about games.

Naw, it was pretty bad. But it was that type of bad that was good.

Impala26

Yup it's shit now.

Still, Coup was awesome.

Had to be, because when I remember when I was 15 (with good old dial up internet) I never had such low self esteem to actually post those sorts of topics, haha.

Homeboyd

Ah so it's exactly like Neogaf OT?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
8rV82xC.gif

Wtf happened?

Nebula

Bnet was awesome as someone relatively new to the whole forum thing. It's awful now though. Mainly because the new website and it's features are awful, not the people.

For me MCC isn't a good value, but that's because I am an extreme outlier. I'd have to buy an Xbone and the game just for CE, which is the PC port and not the OG Xbox version, a minor detail that really disappoints me.

What does that even mean? Is there something about the Halo:CE PC version as compared to the Halo:CE "OG" Xbox version that I should be concerned about?

All I remember was thinking when playing Halo PC was "This would be great if the netcode wasn't terrible." And that's what we're getting, so...

pacman85

Hey guys, does anyone know for sure if the Bandana skull you get from pre-ordering at Gamestop will be available to use across ALL Halo campaigns or just Halo 2 Anniversary like the Boom skull specifically says when pre-ordering digitally? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, does anyone know for sure if the Bandana skull you get from pre-ordering at Gamestop will be available to use across ALL Halo campaigns or just Halo 2 Anniversary like the Boom skull specifically says when pre-ordering digitally? Thanks in advance!

Most likely just Halo 2 and Halo 1 honestly. I'm not 100% sure.

pacman85

Most likely just Halo 2 and Halo 1 honestly. I'm not 100% sure.
Yeah, I'm trying to decide where to pre-order and it's kinda frustrating that there is not more information about this skull anywhere. I know they added the Bandana skull into the Halo CE Anniversary campaign but you don't get it unlocked at the very beginning so I don't know....

Yeah, I'm trying to decide where to pre-order and it's kinda frustrating that there is not more information about this skull anywhere. I know they added the Bandana skull into the Halo CE Anniversary campaign but you don't get it unlocked at the very beginning so I don't know....

I suggest Best Buy as they offer a map booklet. All skulls are unlocked a month later anyway!

Top Bottom