• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

antigoon

Map packs should be free and they should charge for weapon skins and extra armour pieces.

Yes yes yes yes. The current DLC model is piss poor. Find a way to monetize fun stuff that has no bearing on gameplay. Announcers, weapon skins, armor, HUD overlays, etc and give us the maps for free. No more of this fragmentation starting mere months after release.

Sephzilla

Map packs should be free and they should charge for weapon skins and extra armour pieces.

Yes yes yes yes. The current DLC model is piss poor. Find a way to monetize fun stuff that has no bearing on gameplay. Announcers, weapon skins, armor, HUD overlays, etc and give us the maps for free. No more of this fragmentation starting mere months after release.

Agreed so much. DLC map packs just splinter the community

I'm really getting surprisingly excited for MCC. Well, I guess it isn't surprising, but the fact that it comes out so soon is hitting me.

And it's sinking in that we will be playing the Halo 5 beta in the near future as well.

Nebula

It'd be pretty sweet if we saw some 343 made maps as DLC for H2A. I'd like to see what they think Halo 2 needs in terms of additional maps.

Sephzilla

I feel like they could make a lot more money that way too. Or at least the same amount? Maybe? Pls.

I think they could make more money that way. I'd gladly pay a couple of bucks to unlock the Mjolnir Mark V armor instead of going through some bullshit achievement process. I'm not going to pay $15 bucks for a map pack that isn't going to be in the main hoppers.

Halo 5. Locke announcer pack. All of my money.
Mike Colter has a sexy voice.

HTupolev

What does that even mean? Is there something about the Halo:CE PC version as compared to the Halo:CE "OG" Xbox version that I should be concerned about?
The PC version has some minor gameplay changes and substantial graphical issues. Outside of things like resolution, framerate, and shader precision, it looks pretty bad compared to the oXbox version. Most notably, transparencies in general have all kinds of issues, and the lighting is tuned a little differently.

Wait, what?
Some people on Waypoint freaked out because shot impacts in a video were appearing before the pistol's recoil really got underway. But that's normal, the original Xbox game has the same behavior. The projectile speed is fairly high and the shooting was over a short range, and the M6D has a very slow, rolling kick-back animation.

Dat Halo 3 60fps footage. Hnnng.

Come on 343, just help me out, I keep asking if my German copy will have English audio and I never get a response.

AlStrong

Most notably, transparencies in general have all kinds of issues, and the lighting is tuned a little differently.

That jogged a funny memory. I vaguely recall Gearbox "B3D old timer" mentioning that the Xbox version was doing stuff directly to the front buffer directly, and that Gearbox tried to do the post-fx for Halo PC with the DX9 path via MRTs (hence noMSAA).

Could be horribly misremembering here, but thought I'd throw that out. XD

edit: er... nevermind. It was an ancient discussion:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=485880&postcount=29

...ahem. :p

TheOddOne

Can we trade FyreWulff's ban for Elzar?
kttcolimyman

Booshka

What does that even mean? Is there something about the Halo:CE PC version as compared to the Halo:CE "OG" Xbox version that I should be concerned about?

All I remember was thinking when playing Halo PC was "This would be great if the netcode wasn't terrible." And that's what we're getting, so...

I can't even really describe it, but Halo CE on PC didn't feel right, not even netcode wise, just something was off in the mechanics. Outside of the visual issues that have been shown as well.

RoKKeR

This post is coming a bit late but I wanted to chime in on the bungie.net nostalgia train. Really enjoyed spending time there in 2007-2010, met and played with so many awesome people, a handful of which are some of my better friends today. Joining and creating screenshotting communities, The Flood, Bungie, while being obnoxious, giving a shit about community, it was a good time.

Then they fucked it all over with the site update and, well, Destiny.

halo.bungie.net is a guaranteed nostalgia attack.

Welfare

This post is coming a bit late but I wanted to chime in on the bungie.net nostalgia train. Really enjoyed spending time there in 2007-2010, met and played with so many awesome people, a handful of which are some of my better friends today. Joining and creating screenshotting communities, The Flood, Bungie, while being obnoxious, giving a shit about community, it was a good time.

That old layout is still 1000x better than the new crap they have.

CA has always helped with the multiplayer maps. I believe 343 has yet to do a map solely by themselves. At least as far as I can tell.

EDIT: never mind, Longbow and Haven were solely made by 343.

Hm, 2 maps that I thought were pretty good. Maybe Halo 5 will have some good maps.

jem0208

Oh my god, I had completely forgotten about this...

http://halo.bungie.net/forums/topics.aspx?forumID=10

The nostalgia.

I can't even really describe it, but Halo CE on PC didn't feel right, not even netcode wise, just something was off in the mechanics. Outside of the visual issues that have been shown as well.

Madness. Keyboard and mouse was an adjustment. Netcode was terrible. About it, but that's me. Either way, Fyre's plea that there's an outlet for playing Halo:CE online is unfounded. This is the closest thing we'll get. Get optimistic!

Dude. Reading comprehension. It's not hit-scan and never was. The idea is that when very few frames are involved in the time the bullet "travels" it should essentially feel like it. Add in the shit netcode, and for many people in more rural areas, like myself, it never felt hit-scan, no matter what the range. Shit, even on LAN, Bungie's bullshit comparison wasn't even accurate.
Are you suggesting that we shouldn't always believe everything a developer/studio tells us about their products? My word.
Madness. Keyboard and mouse was an adjustment. Netcode was terrible. About it, but that's me. Either way, Fyre's plea that there's an outlet for playing Halo:CE online is unfounded. This is the closest thing we'll get. Get optimistic!
The way I see it is this is the first time ever we'll get to experience CE on XBL (or as close to it as possible). Having played that game nonstop for several years on all levels of the spectrum, there's no way in hell I would miss out on this opportunity, especially if I had the money to do so.

Nebula

Oh man! I'm on my Reach posts and I see so many "Adapt or stop playing" replies. That was the number one response to any criticisms back then. Gives me a good chuckle.

Top Bottom