• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Booshka

Madness. Keyboard and mouse was an adjustment. Netcode was terrible. About it, but that's me. Either way, Fyre's plea that there's an outlet for playing Halo:CE online is unfounded. This is the closest thing we'll get. Get optimistic!

It's not just K/B + M, the gunplay doesn't have the same feel, which could be tied to the game being designed inherently for the Xbox controller, but it's not right. The movement and gunplay just doesn't flow as well as it does on Xbox. I would be optimistic if Halo CEA was Halo CE MP on XBL on 360, but having to buy a new console, for a version of the game I'm not terribly interested in playing, no thanks.

jem0208

9ugb.png

Bugb.png

"Help me."

Anybody have ideas on how to Halo-ify my current avatar?

It's even worse than you think...

soffishoutofwater.gif

AlStrong

worse than reticle bloom and armor lock combined

Okay, not really, but it's bad.

hehe

Conceded on making Halo shaped like Halo, but couldn't drop the lights?

Perfection?

It's half-baked.

To be fair, I can see why they added lights. Bungie's textures did have sporadic white dots here and there.

Installation_04_%282%29.JPG

Installation 4B rising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TewcmQFvBrk#t=40m

That said, there's something a bit off about the sense of scale in the Blur image - those giant ocular pieces (along with the other 6-7 circular thrusters?) that are seemingly made up of extremely smooth metal.

It's one of those art design cues I guess (not that I'm an expert on it). The rest of the Halo texture has that look of being welded together from a number of tiny plates that reflect/absorb the sunlight differently ever so slightly so you end up with different shades - makes the ring seem big.

The giant circular pieces just seem a bit out of place.

*shrug*

Finally finished downloading the MCC, can't wait till the 11th to play it. Hope the "content patch" comes out atleast 24 hours before the release.

Booshka

Alternative Option

50ft Cat6 cable and a bit of work/nails and you will get great connection :)

Also wall plates are an option too

No kidding. The leap in quality when I went to wired was godly. Only way to play, in my book.

Exactly, do whatever you need to do to get a Wired Connection. Move your online competitive gaming setup closest to your modem if needed. It's worth it. Also, scrubs can't shit on your connection when you can drop a quality speedtest and ping on em', they just got shit on and are looking for excuses.

wwm0nkey

I think I might actually set up a whole ethernet wall plate option in my house when the basement gets redone, wired connection anywhere in my house :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Meh

59% signal on a 6mb/s wifi connection is the way to go.

Anything more and you're just making life too easy.

danwarb

hehe

To be fair, I can see why they added lights. Bungie's textures did have sporadic white dots here and there.

Installation_04_%282%29.JPG

Installation 4B rising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TewcmQFvBrk#t=40m

That said, there's something a bit off about the sense of scale in the Blur image - those giant ocular pieces (along with the other 6-7 circular thrusters?) that are seemingly made up of extremely smooth metal.

It's one of those art design cues I guess (not that I'm an expert on it). The rest of the Halo texture has that look of being welded together from a number of tiny plates that reflect/absorb the sunlight differently ever so slightly so you end up with different shades - makes the ring seem big.

The giant circular pieces just seem a bit out of place.

*shrug*

Yeah, with the original texture it appears appropriately huge. The bumps along the outside in CEA gave the opposite impression.

Booshka

Meh

59% signal on a 6mb/s wifi connection is the way to go.

Anything more and you're just making life too easy.

Power of the "Xbox One Cloud" don't mean shit if you are willing to concede defeat and go wireless. You gotta be a connection tryhard too, hell even MLG and Tsquared said to do so.

wwm0nkey

One thing I learned from a recent Halo 2 LAN party, Halo 2 pistol sucks solo but is fucking god like if you dual wield it, got kills soooooo fast by emptying those clips into someone.

I always remember the pistol sucking but guess I never bothered to dual wield.

Booshka

One thing I learned from a recent Halo 2 LAN party, Halo 2 pistol sucks solo but is fucking god like if you dual wield it, got kills soooooo fast by emptying those clips into someone.

I always remember the pistol sucking but guess I never bothered to dual wield.

Dual pistols pre-patch in Halo 2 was legit PvP meta. You could melt players so fast with those it was ridiculous.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
3850021016.png

EDIT: Just got a message from my ISP the other day letting me know that they bumped my internet speed for free, i was at about 14 down, 4 up, hopefully this'll put a dent in that 65 GB download.

I'm jealous of that speed, but I could never go with a data cap, no matter how large. I'll stick with my 10/1 with no limits for seventy bucks a month.

Booshka

Hmmm guess I was playing pre-patch then. Can we have the patch but keep that? It was so fun :(

Just play Halo CE if you want a badass Pistol.

BTW, if you have 3 or more upload, you should be streaming. You can hit 2K bitrate at 720p streaming with 3 upload easy. Get some sort of capture device, or OBS on PC and stream. HaloGAF will prolly watch.

wwm0nkey

I'm jealous of that speed, but I could never go with a data cap, no matter how large. I'll stick with my 10/1 with no limits for seventy bucks a month.

Data Caps have to be the worst, I don't like TWC but they haven't screwed me on internet yet.

3850062195.png

Just play Halo CE if you want a badass Pistol.

BTW, if you have 3 or more upload, you should be streaming. You can hit 2K bitrate at 720p streaming with 3 upload easy. Get some sort of capture device, or OBS on PC and stream. HaloGAF will prolly watch.
I have a channel and I probably will start streaming around November/December with the MCC and Guilty Gear Xrd.

Booshka

Halo isn't balanced for the Dual wield melt kills anyway. They stuck to em' for two games cuz of Campaign and Trailers. The primary utility weapon should almost always be able to out-shoot you and kill you, no matter what you are using.

Halo isn't balanced for the Dual wield melt kills anyway. They stuck to em' for two games cuz of Campaign and Trailers. The primary utility weapon should almost always be able to out-shoot you and kill you, no matter what you are using.
I wonder how it would've played if Bungie didn't mess with the damage of each individual weapon when dual wielded, but increased the recoil. Making dual H3 Magnums a 7sk made no got damn sense..

1) Quarantine Zone, immediate left when exiting crashed sentinel factory.
2) Both left and right sides of sniper alley on Legendary, possibly Heroic. Spawns can be a little weird - one should spawn in each alcove just after the alley proper starts.

Oh shit I totally forgot about that occassional sniper ally invisible elite! I was planning on playing H2 this weekend so I probably woulda run into it by sheer accident, but glad I know for sure now. Thanks :)

Prepare your body for a HaloGAF seance...

I bring to you answers from the other side...

#3spoopyyyyyyyyyyyy

Holy awesome information batman, thanks!

Booshka

I wonder how it would've played if Bungie didn't mess with the damage of each individual weapon when dual wielded, but increased the recoil. Making dual H3 Magnums a 7sk made no got damn sense..

The kill/time ratio would never work in Halo's sense for dual wielding. There just isn't enough skill applicable to Thumbsticks for Halo to utilize without compromising movement (what Shadowrun does).

Halo 2 overdid the aim assist mechanics across the board, then had to rebalance dual wielding to match up with it. There is a finer balance between player execution/skill, leading to high lethality/ratio that Halo 2 does not achieve. It probably could achieve this, but it would alienate a vast majority of the player base if it did so with weapon recoil, projectile based weaponry, etc.

Top Bottom