• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
I tend to have fun with people who rage like that, the best is this scenario.

After a period of trash talk.

Anon: rageeee! 1v1 me bro

Me: let's fucking do it, quit this game and invite me.

Anon quits, leaving their team a man down, I proceed to not join him and also block communications with him. Lolololol

Been successful three times using this method, once with Karl and Dax in the party.

Win!

Weird. I run into them all the time. I told a guy to help push with the team (BF4) and he yelled out some homophobic slurs and that was that. A lot of the time I just shrug it off because it's just empty words, but there have been plenty of cases where it used in an extremely hateful way :/

The guy in that video is an example of that.

Yeah, I hope it goes without saying that I don't condone anything said by this guy as I think the video made a decent mockery. This guy was an admittedly extreme case, but the fact that we come across them often enough when I have my capture card hooked up is kind of nuts. This is kind of my way of exposing the stupidity of these people. All the extreme ones (this guy included), I send the video links to the person involved.

Other examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q54zWUMJTRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsNPGwdNLjA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr5SMTNeAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSs-72Jphig

NSFW for language of course

I also capture more light-hearted stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNlHR8M6U0

Nebula

Yeah, I hope it goes without saying that I don't condone anything said by this guy as I think the video made a decent mockery. This guy was an admittedly extreme case, but the fact that we come across them often enough when I have my capture card hooked up is kind of nuts. This is kind of my way of exposing the stupidity of these people. All the extreme ones (this guy included), I send the video links to the person involved.]

I have it hooked up all the time but I've only ever come across one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxA1HjakdEs

Made me giggle when it was happening.

LMAO.

MEET ME IN THE MIDDLE

LRZwzN5.gif

Hmmm...so I've just had someone unfortunately cancel for the LAN I've got organised for the launch of the MCC, leaving us down to just 3 people instead of the 4.

Question: Any UK based HaloGAF people free from November 13th-16th and would like to play Halo ALL weekend?

PM me.

any news about the livestream today?
the IGN frontpage notification just links me to the old article from the 17th with no additional infos

Fuchsdh

Hah. I'm trying hard to burn through all my achievements on last-gen. Not going to complete Spec Ops the Line or Hexic, but at the very least I'm going to finish up my Halo titles. Four achievements left to go.

It's only because I've been putting all my hours into this new video for you fine ladies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws3ZUiJ_qrc

Headphone users RIP...

Ya'll are welcome.

Man, I remember when voice chat was so horrible you couldn't even understand trash-talkers half the time.

Akai__

Wow this page delivered. So many rage and trash talk.

Good old Halo 3 days. I'll never forget those.

"1v1 brah"

*proceeds to win*

"You cheated man"

Nebula

Wow this page delivered. So many rage and trash talk.

Good old Halo 3 days. I'll never forget those.

"1v1 brah"

*proceeds to win*

"You cheated man"

"YOUR FUCKING HOST IS GARBAGE MAN YOU STEALING MCDONALDS WIFI YOU LITTLE BITCH TELL ME YOUR ADDRESS NOW FAGGOT"

I've heard something like that numerous times back on Halo 3. Pretty awful, but also hilarious how easily riled up people can get.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Probably already confirmed, but a friend asked me and I wasn't 100% sure. Does the MCC have LAN support. It does right?

Mix

Starkster

Neo Member
Well, Escalation #11 was underwhelming.

ONI know more than they're letting on, which seems to be their MO at this point. Sending a two man fireteam is stupid. I feel like this is supposed to be leading into Nightfall, but it feels like it's leading into a rebel base that exists for plot purposes.

Can we get all of the comics turned into cinematics? Include them in the MCC for added content or something. Would be great.

Well, Escalation #11 was underwhelming.

ONI know more than they're letting on, which seems to be their MO at this point. Sending a two man fireteam is stupid. I feel like this is supposed to be leading into Nightfall, but it feels like it's leading into a rebel base that exists for plot purposes.

Can we get all of the comics turned into cinematics? Include them in the MCC for added content or something. Would be great.

Being someone who hasn't read Escalation, and doesn't really plan to; via hearing various spoilers I'm really confused as to how they're going to bridge the gap between Halo 4 and 5 for people who haven't read the comics. Is it unnecessary back-story, or are they going to summarise it in the outro to MCC?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting that download bug for the digital version of MCC. It's stuck around 23%. Anyone know what I should do?

Probably already confirmed, but a friend asked me and I wasn't 100% sure. Does the MCC have LAN support. It does right?
Yeah, but at least one of the consoles has to be online to get it to work... for some reason I can't remember.

All these troll posts and videos reminds me...

I made a forge edit on the map "Guardian" in Halo 3 and placed as many fusion coils in bottom middle where the gravity hammer usually was. I put them all on an extremely short timer so they would respawn almost instantly.

I started the game with a friend, dropped down and shot the fusion coils...

The game hung up so bad you couldn't go to the Xbox dashboard or anything, you had to physically turn off your Xbox. He called me and yelled at me that his Xbox started smoking and he had to buy a new console.

Good times.

All these troll posts and videos reminds me...

I made a forge edit on the map "Guardian" in Halo 3 and placed as many fusion coils in bottom middle where the gravity hammer usually was. I put them all on an extremely short timer so they would respawn almost instantly.

I started the game with a friend, dropped down and shot the fusion coils...

The game hung up so bad you couldn't go to the Xbox dashboard or anything, you had to physically turn off your Xbox. He called me and yelled at me that his Xbox started smoking and he had to buy a new console.

Good times.

If you didn't flip an elephant, you were doing it wrong.

Mix

Community Hub
Hey all, I'm including a community hub for the OT in just 19 days, and I need your help once again. I need people to PM me what community sites they want included in the OT. So far, I have the 501st, HBO, Beyond Entertainment, RvB, and the Waypoint forums. I need more! Please PM me your sub-community of choice with the subject line "Community Hub"

OT Title Voting Lightning Round
I don't want to drag this on, so we'll make this quick. Vote for your favorite below and PM me with the Subject line "OT Title".
  1. Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Stinkles Knows What the Gaffers Like
  2. Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| - Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action
  3. Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Unseal the Hushed Casket
  4. Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| I Thought I Told You To Wear Something Nice
  5. Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| It' Been An Honor Serving With You, John.
  6. Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| 106 maps. 4 games. 1 Chief.
Now, all you gotta do is PM me one of those numbers and I'll calculate a winner in a few days, This will most likely get re-posted tomorrow or in a few pages.
If you're doing both, send me a PM with the title "OT BOTH" and I'll check it out!
EDIT!
Based on popular demand, I created a Strawpoll for it! http://strawpoll.me/2836157 Check it out and get to voting!

Haha who needs to do that when you can just park one on the downed phantom and destroy the game.

Hmmm... I need this in my life.

EDIT: I'm not a junior member anymore? I wonder how that happened...seemed awfully quick. Yay! =) Can't wait to play MCC with all of you ladies and gentleman. Yes, even you Ragnarok.

OT Title Voting Lightning Round
I don't want to drag this on, so we'll make this quick. Vote for your favorite below and PM me with the Subject line "OT Title".
Now, all you gotta do is PM me one of those numbers and I'll calculate a winner in a few days, This will most likely get re-posted tomorrow or in a few pages.
If you're doing both, send me a PM with the title "OT BOTH" and I'll check it out!

Use strawpoll.

Top Bottom