• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Starkster

Neo Member
Being someone who hasn't read Escalation, and doesn't really plan to; via hearing various spoilers I'm really confused as to how they're going to bridge the gap between Halo 4 and 5 for people who haven't read the comics. Is it unnecessary back-story, or are they going to summarise it in the outro to MCC?

I'm hoping they summarise it. I really do. The comics are jarring to read/look at (to say the least), and sometimes they're just downright filler for half of it until something pushes the plot along. It would work a lot better in a cinematic or a cutscene rather than a comic.

Some of it is unnecessary back-story, some of it gives exposition to events post-Halo 4's campaign (such as the arc 'The Next 72 Hours'), and some of it expands post-SPARTAN Ops.

Tawpgun

I need to go back to Iclela- I mean Alpha Halo

can't wait for H5 footage. Mostly because it sounds like our first look at Halo 5 MP is gonna be at the hands of pros. Thank god. Gameplay reveals are frustrating to watch when the person playing has no idea what they're doing

I need to go back to Iclela- I mean Alpha Halo

can't wait for H5 footage. Mostly because it sounds like our first look at Halo 5 MP is gonna be at the hands of pros. Thank god. Gameplay reveals are frustrating to watch when the person playing has no idea what they're doing

Yeah man..it's hard to get excited about any game when the person playing it is just awful.

Halo: Nightfall looks incredible. A major step up to Forward Unto Dawn. It seems like they will introduce a new threat to the franchise or will be teasing it. (I hope 343i does) I mean, the existence of the Flood should have been known to a ranked ONI agent...

I just asked myself why did I pre-order Sunset Overdrive? I won't be playing it until November 3rd, and I will stop playing it when MCC comes out. MCC will take a deep dive into my free time...

Mix

CHeck this out, Ghost just retweeted it.
B0kFisyCUAAJr3i.jpg

Where is that IGN stream!

still about an hour and a half away.

Mix

Really liking we are seeing Halo 5 so early and playing it super early too. Gives plenty of time for feedback.

best part of the collection IMHO, at least to secure the future of the franchise.

I'm also really happy with how many of HaloGAF has come back. Towards the end of 2013, a lot of us had moved on to other things, purchasing different consoles and all that noise. Now, most of the crew is all here and accounted for. Even Elzar. The only way that this could feel any more nostalgic would be if Ghal got an Xbone for it and was playing with us all again.

uwdanman

Neo Member
My understanding was that IGN was going to be playing online against 343 in Seattle from their office in San Fran. I just want to see Halo CE online.

Looks like IGN will be playing with 2 343 staff (Max & Dennis Reis) in their studio against 4 players from 343 in Seattle.

jem0208

You should get to know your time zone. It will be 4am for you...
Oh shit, I was thinking EST.

Ah well, I'll be playing the MCC at 4pm PT then.

Anyway, everything should be in GMT first. It's the standard time zone the all the others are based off. Also makes it easier for me.

wwm0nkey

best part of the collection IMHO, at least to secure the future of the franchise.

I'm also really happy with how many of HaloGAF has come back. Towards the end of 2013, a lot of us had moved on to other things, purchasing different consoles and all that noise. Now, most of the crew is all here and accounted for. Even Elzar. The only way that this could feel any more nostalgic would be if Ghal got an Xbone for it and was playing with us all again.
We'll just start an indiegogo for Ghal or something.

Mix

343 going all out? I like it.

I like you <3

We'll just start an indiegogo for Ghal or something.

I'm honestly down for it, but I feel like he's against it. Not us getting him a console, per se, but having both. He never has time to play games anymore and he doesn't want to have to sit down for five minutes to decide which console he wants to play for the next 20 minutes he has available.

Fuchsdh

I like you <3

I'm honestly down for it, but I feel like he's against it. Not us getting him a console, per se, but having both. He never has time to play games anymore and he doesn't want to have to sit down for five minutes to decide which console he wants to play for the next 20 minutes he has available.

…and now the weight of heresy has stayed his feet, and he'll be left behind :'(

HaloFEST stuff is cool. As someone who doesn't follow all the competitive stuff, I find the 343-run events seem more accessible, and certainly more promoted. Would be great if this becomes a regular thing every year, or at least right before big releases.

Starkster

Neo Member
New evolution of the Flood?
New creature all together?
Someone's deranged hallucination/dream?

*in Bender voice*
"Whoever's directing this is a master of suspense!"

I'm more concerned about that arm grab. That seriously looks like a synthetic arm not a bionic or a human arm. Especially considering on the human hand you can see what looks like the Colonel's old augmentation wound split open on the top of his hand. Ouch.

*see poll*
"As long as it's not 'Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action' I don't mind."

"Well fuck."

Yeah, I like that one and I understand why people are picking it, but it still feels like a back handed comment or expression of resentment toward Halo 4. Of course it's up to interpretation.

*shrug*

I was hoping for the 106 Maps, 4 games, 1 chief. It's informative and classy. Can't be taken negatively at all.

wwm0nkey

So anyone down for some HaloGAF streams and maybe a tournament for the MCC? We have a lot of people back and every Xbox One can steam so we could organize a decently sized thing.

Mix

&#8230;and now the weight of heresy has stayed his feet, and he'll be left behind :'(

HaloFEST stuff is cool. As someone who doesn't follow all the competitive stuff, I find the 343-run events seem more accessible, and certainly more promoted. Would be great if this becomes a regular thing every year, or at least right before big releases.

Can you imagine how cool an annual thing could be with this? A casual tournament, giveaways, announcements, and a bunch of other awesome stuff. 343 would have their own annual press event that is open to fans, I'd go every year, idgaf if it's in another country, you bet your ass this Halo fan would be there.

So anyone down for some HaloGAF streams and maybe a tournament for the MCC? We have a lot of people back and every Xbox One can steam so we could organize a decently sized thing.

Kittens and I (mainly Kittens) are working up something cool to scratch that itch. We'll provide plenty of MCC brand ointment come release of the OT and even the days leading up to it.
I really don't want to take much of any credit for it though, it's been an effort that only Kittens has been engrossed in since early this month.

Onikaan

New evolution of the Flood?
New creature all together?
Someone's deranged hallucination/dream?

*in Bender voice*
"Whoever's directing this is a master of suspense!"

Are Lekgolo susceptible to the flood?

That would have made a really cool encounter actually.

Impala26

Are Lekgolo susceptible to the flood?

That would have made a really cool encounter actually.

Certainly an entire colony is large enough and intelligent enough to be considered "vulnerable to Flood infection". However, I think individual Lekgolo worms are simply too small of a biomass to be infected, at least too small to be used in any sort of combat role specifically like humans and the other Covenant species.

Fathead

Yeah, I like that one and I understand why people are picking it, but it still feels like a back handed comment or expression of resentment toward Halo 4.

Yup.

I like "Its been an honor serving with you, John" just because it is celebrating the fact that this is the Master Chief Collection. Its a reminder of all the great times weve had with these games.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, I'm working on a tournament. It'll be cool, with fewer hiccups than the 2012 one, I promise hope. All the details will be in the MCC OT except for which games / maps / gametypes will be featured -- I'm gonna wait to see what people are gravitating towards after the game comes out to decide that.

Kittens is creating one.

Main prize, a complimentary gamertag change.
oh you

Madness

Yeah, I like that one and I understand why people are picking it, but it still feels like a back handed comment or expression of resentment toward Halo 4. Of course it's up to interpretation.

*shrug*

I was hoping for the 106 Maps, 4 games, 1 chief. It's informative and classy. Can't be taken negatively at all.

That's exactly why I posted it. Not really backhanded at all. It directly acknowledges that the community hasn't been the same the last two releases. Reach and Halo 4 were not received warmly by the community. The last 4 years, Halo fans have spent more time complaining about the games than playing them. Non-Halo fans talk about how the series isn't relevant etc. It acknowledges all that. It's not snarky or insulting.

Halo was "missing in action" but it didn't die like many believe. Long time fans are excited about the series again, many who swore off Xbox or the series are buying consoles just to play. It's upto everyone else to choose what works best, mine was just a suggestion.

Top Bottom