• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

That's exactly why I posted it. Not really backhanded at all. It directly acknowledges that the community hasn't been the same the last two releases. Reach and Halo 4 were not received warmly by the community. The last 4 years, Halo fans have spent more time complaining about the games than playing them. Non-Halo fans talk about how the series isn't relevant etc. It acknowledges all that. It's not snarky or insulting.

Halo was "missing in action" but it didn't die like many believe. Long time fans are excited about the series again, many who swore off Xbox or the series are buying consoles just to play. It's up to everyone else to choose what works best, mine was just a suggestion.

I like your explanation and I think it's logical and pretty fair. Like I said, I understand why people are favoring it because it combines the "Spartans never die, they are just missing in action" and how a lot of us feel as a community. It's actually a good summation. The thing is, a lot of people still like Halo 4 and it is a part of the collection. I for one, enjoyed the campaign and will enjoy it again a few times with the wife, friends and family.

I guess I'm tired of hearing how let down we all are (including myself) over the past few years with Reach and Halo 4. Sorry if my post felt like an accusation, was not intending it to be.

Shits farted

image.php

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nightfall Plot Prediction:

- Covenant faction wants to alter the flood to only target humans.
- They experiment on lesser species in the Covenant, including lekgolo.
- Shit goes bad.
- Humans come in.
- Shit goes worse.
- Final boss battle against a Flood infected MEGA-ELITE.
- Locke barely survives in some cool, stylish way.
- Credits

Kibbles

Yes drag them for the amount of medals. (don't just say turn off, I want medals, I just don't want a ton to pop up for ever single kill)

Framerate is 30fps why bother? What a mess.

Vico

Nightfall Plot Prediction:

- Covenant faction wants to alter the flood to only target humans.
- They experiment on lesser species in the Covenant, including lekgolo.
- Shit goes bad.
- Humans come in.
- Shit goes worse.
- Final boss battle against a Flood infected MEGA-ELITE.
- Locke barely survives in some cool, stylish way.
- Credits

Covies altering the flood to only target humans would actually be great, even though I'm not expecting that at all. Also, they'd better not make it work because I love me some three-way battles.

"There's too many medals. Not sure what they all were"

And that, 343, is why they're pointless in the Halo 4 style and shouldn't be in the MCC to begin with.

"You can turn them off in settings"

I shouldn't have to. It's dumb.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"There's too many medals. Not sure what they all were"

And that, 343, is why they're pointless in the Halo 4 style and shouldn't be in the MCC to begin with.

"You can turn them off in settings"

I shouldn't have to. It's dumb.
Yeah, that part was all too telling. I think it's cool that 343 made them optional, but they still need to revise their approach in the first place.

Top Bottom