• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 2 team slayer fucking sucks bros. SMG starts. One grenade starts. Like two BRs on the entire map.

How on earth did I play that so much years ago? Hawrrible.

Defect

I was searching with a friend and I backed out and invited him to a custom game. He found a game when he was searching and accepted my invite. He brought the whole matchmaking lobby in my custom lobby but they still saw the matchmaking lobby. I started a custom game and ended it. It counted as a match for them.

Impala26

fucking lol at the mmc thing earlier, even funnier that I was brought up, made for a good laugh after a fucking long day.

Imma play Halo tomorrow night, anyone wanna do some customs?

I desperately need some customs in my veins Mix...

I'm sinking into a mild depression after reading all these Halo threads the last couple days. The worst part is I can't convince myself to STOP reading them...

ETA on approximate start/finish times?

Mix

I desperately need some customs in my veins Mix...

I'm sinking into a mild depression after reading all these Halo threads the last couple days. The worst part is I can't convince myself to STOP reading them...

ETA on approximate start/finish times?

I'm up for any time around 6 or later CST. I get message notifications on my phone, just hit me up when you're ready to play and we'll go by ear from there.

Random17

I was trying to drunkenly argue this a few nights ago. I love how Elites pursue you when you are weak, Jackals will creep up the back line, and Grunts will get into annoying spots and close in on you.

Well it depends on the location; in some levels they are more free flowing, while in others they tend to hang back near their designated corridor. Otherwise Grunt AI/Jackal AI is vastly more competent in Halo 2 in terms of how they react to the player's presence (see Jackal roll) :)

Magni

Got a good game on Shrine, some people starting using their mics halfway through :D

Came back from down 10-12 to lose 45-50, only wish it that map had the Sword instead of the Rockets.

Also, since I haven't really played any H2A until today, what's up with the giant shield doors on the remade maps?

Booshka

Well it depends on the location; in some levels they are more free flowing, while in others they tend to hang back near their designated corridor. Otherwise Grunt AI/Jackal AI is vastly more competent in Halo 2 in terms of how they react to the player's presence (see Jackal roll) :)

The fabled Jackal Roll never threw me for a loop, so to speak, it was a non-factor essentially. It just meant they were exposing themselves for the sake of some goofy animation.

Fucking scruuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbs.

Bloodline Team BRs. Im doing crazy good(for me) with the sniper, 14 kills, two separate sniper sprees, game is coming down to the last second. Tied 31 to 31 with 30 seconds left. And what does my bumfuck teammate do? Grab sniper and run straight at their base while I am pleading for him to drop it so I can use it and actually help the team.

He dies in the middle of nowhere after shooting it 6 times and not even getting a single hit. Not one.

We lose, of course.

Kibbles

MM times aren't ideal but aside from a few disconnects MM was able to find games okay earlier when I tried. Uneven teams still and idk if other people are quitting or disconnecting but it ends up even more lopsided when the game starts.

Random17

The fabled Jackal Roll never threw me for a loop, so to speak, it was a non-factor essentially. It just meant they were exposing themselves for the sake of some goofy animation.

Also I was playing Halo PC the other day and I swear there's more auto aim on Covenant weapons than I dare remember... especially the Shade Turret.

For now, you will continue to see uneven match-ups and larger than normal team sizes in matchmaking. This is a temporary situation that is caused by the fact that we are allowing more players than normal into a matchmaking session in order to improve overall matching times.

tumblr_m6pequt15v1ry10fwo1_250.gif

Booshka

Also I was playing Halo PC the other day and I swear there's more auto aim on Covenant weapons than I dare remember... especially the Shade Turret.

Plasma rounds track a little after being fired, there is some forgiving bullet magnetism with Plasma weapons. Which is why the Plasma Pistol can do some real damage even at range so long as you line up the shot initially, the bolts will most likely land. Plasma Rifle is less accurate, but it does the same.

Bloodline Team BRs. Im doing crazy good(for me) with the sniper, 14 kills, two separate sniper sprees, game is coming down to the last second. Tied 31 to 31 with 30 seconds left. And what does my bumfuck teammate do? Grab sniper and run straight at their base while I am pleading for him to drop it so I can use it and actually help the team.

He dies in the middle of nowhere after shooting it 6 times and not even getting a single hit. Not one.

We lose, of course.

That's how it usually is for me.

If I do extremely well in a match it's always a close game because my teammates go on death sprees.

I don't think a lot of players even do any thinking and just want to shoot things.

We're winning by 1 kill and times almost up. That obviously means rush out in the open towards the other team. :/

Magni

Almost an hour since my last game, this is unbelievable.

Has 343 commented on the lack of player counts?

I know there are some arguments against playlist-specific counts, but what about total amount of players in MM?

I miss Halo 3's world map :(

Skullface

That's how it usually is for me.

If I do extremely well in a match it's always a close game because my teammates go on death sprees.

I don't think a lot of players even do any thinking and just want to shoot things.

We're winning by 1 kill and times almost up. That obviously means rush out in the open towards the other team. :/

Everyone wants that game winning kill... Doesn't help in H2A where it announces the near end game and plays tense music. I find it to be a pretty cool touch, but it definitely encourages bad behavior.

Just some musings.
I don't understand the struggles with some of the guns. Like the AR, you start in CE with it sounding badass and capable of shredding your foes and then end up in H3 where it sounds like a popcorn popper and hits like one too.

Audio wise, it was great from the start and got worse in the sequels. Why Stinkles, why it was great as is.

CE AR in H5 please Stinkles.

-Ryn

Banned

We lose, of course.
It's even better when you manage to grab it just before they do so they start trying to kill you for it and then getting either yourself or both of you killed.

Entirely off topic, but I was just walking and walked on to a circular storm drain. The damn thing apparently wasn't on all the way, and it flipped up and I fell. I caught myself with my arms as I fell halfway in and got my legs clenched by the cover as it swung up, so a little bruised and cut, but ok. But. Uh. Holy shit. :lol

Felt like sharing, cause, well, wtf.
Glad you're okay dude. You didn't happen to see any turtles did you?

Just some musings.
I don't understand the struggles with some of the guns. Like the AR, you start in CE with it sounding badass and capable of shredding your foes and then end up in H3 where it sounds like a popcorn popper and hits like one too.

Audio wise, it was great from the start and got worse in the sequels. Why Stinkles, why it was great as is.

CE AR in H5 please Stinkles.
Well it seems pretty kickass in H5. Though the sound is a little less beefy I think it's growing on me. Now if we only had that 64 round clip...

Nice avatar by the way. Looking forward to the 4th movie?

Ramirez

No clue why, but I made my first Forge map tonight. It's simple, and seems like it'll play pretty good for CTF, but who knows!

My floor is still slightly uneven despite me using magnets, couldn't figure that out. I'm sure my symmetrical shit is off, but I felt I lined it up pretty good.

-Ryn

Banned
No clue why, but I made my first Forge map tonight. It's simple, and seems like it'll play pretty good for CTF, but who knows!

My floor is still slightly uneven despite me using magnets, couldn't figure that out. I'm sure my symmetrical shit is off, but I felt I lined it up pretty good.
It's really cool to see how much people are able to do with H2A's Forge.
Nice job dude.

JonCha

Had three CE games in a row last night after I stayed in the lobby with existing players and played Damnation, Prisoner and Chill Out. Was great and pretty quick too in finding games.

The Flash

Banned
I'm going to try to get the GOOOAAAAALLLL! and Scarab Lord achievements today. Both require that you get a Banshee through the tunnel in Metropolis.

Akai__

Why? Did they change that much?

- 1st person mode
- new foliage
- more NPC's and traffic
- more wildlife
- easter eggs allow you to play as animals
- online mode with max 32 people instead of max 16
- new content
- new exclusive content for people who already had GTA5

Did I miss something?

I'll probably buy it again, but just not the next coupple months. Maybe when the Heists patch comes.

danwarb

I was trying to drunkenly argue this a few nights ago. I love how Elites pursue you when you are weak, Jackals will creep up the back line, and Grunts will get into annoying spots and close in on you.

I like/hate that Elites in Banshees attempt to grind you into the dirt and ram vehicles in CE. Vehicles are so much better in CE and 3.

I wanna see what Classic Halo 5 looks. If toggle features for classic exists for customs and 343 can pull off, not a hybrid bs "Legendary" playlist that was decent, but didn't fill in the classic void of actual good og halo.

I WANT TO BE HYPED for H5 Beta!

I wanna see what Classic Halo 5 looks. If toggle features for classic exists for customs and 343 can pull off, not a hybrid bs "Legendary" playlist that was decent, but didn't fill in the classic void of actual good og halo.

I WANT TO BE HYPED for H5 Beta!

Not that if expect to see it in MM but they need to offer the option to disable sprint in the custom settings. I think on small forge maps H5 could be great without sprint.

Karl2177

I see this bug has returned. I'm gonna take a gander and assume that the Halo 4 trick still works. Not sure you'll have the patience or motivation to do this, but here's a quick tut for the Halo 4 method of making flat floor.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49228911&postcount=646

Omni

I don't understand. It says

"SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS"

and then

"PLAYERS FOUND"

and then

"SEARCHING FOR MORE PLAYERS"

and then I'm just waiting in the lobby for 10 years hoping that it puts me in a game with dedicated servers. If the game has found players, why can't they connect me with them? ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom