• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Dude. That was INCREDIBLE!!

First person turrets.

First person driving.

I want these as options.
That Halo: Reach teaser had a first person segment driving a Warthog on Boneyard.
I was soooooo disappointed that there wasn't a first person option for vehicles.

Reach is still my most hyped game by far. Moving back to the States, getting ready for college, getting on Xbox LIVE for the first time, new Halo coming out. One of the best times in my life. I gobbled up every bit of information that I could for that game. Screenshots, beta footage, concept art, Bungie weekly updates. Good times.
It was exactly the same for me bro.
Halo: Reach was my very first midnight launch for a game that I bought. It was also the first time I got a limited edition game. Even Halo 4 which I was pretty hyped for, didn't touch my hype for Reach. There aren't many games that have.

The beard returns

Magni

People like to shit on The Library, but Keyes is straight up the worst damn level in the whole trilogy

I kinda like Keyes and The Library :(

Cortana is a shitty level. Or whatever those levels at the end of Halo 2 are called.

edit: alright, I'm pretty sure there's only three left now, the ones with Needlers don't seem to want to rush me (understandable seeing as they have Needlers).

edit2: FUCKKKKK how the fuck are there now 6 that rush me when I've been laying low for at least five minutes making sure there were only 3? Fuck whoever designed this :(

TCKaos

Fuck my life, the MCC just crashed randomly while forging. An hour of work lost.

Fucking awesome, 10/10 will play until the end of fucking time or, y'know, the game decides it doesn't want to work anymore.

People like to shit on The Library, but Keyes is straight up the worst damn level in the whole trilogy

At least if you know how to bypass the "wait here while guilty spark checks his phone for 5 minutes before unlocking the doors" segments in the Library it essentially turns into a Doom level where you have to manage a fuckton of enemies and properly navigate the map. Keyes is, like, all the bad parts of Truth and Reconciliation and flood levels thrown into one.

I honestly never had a huge problem with Floodgate or Cortana. You had like a billion options to combat the Flood thanks to headshots actually working on them, and on top of that the Plasma Rifle and Brute Shot absolutely destroy all the Flood forms. The Brute Shot melee takes down Pure Forms just as well as an Energy Sword, and it can be used to break up the corpses to prevent reanimation. The only part I remember having a problem with in Cortana is that one ridiculously vertical room where you have to work your way through an upward spiral to get to the door on the third or fourth level, and as soon as you start the encounter there are two Ranged Pure Forms just raining their weird flood-needles down on you. All you have are a couple Covenant crates for cover.

Magni

Oh my god, I killed all of them, and got a checkpoint right as I'm in the middle and a bunch of FRG grunts and MORE elites just appear all around me :(

edit: there's once more only one left, and I hope this is the last wave. This is my first time ever not rushing to the Banshee, hardest earned achievement once I get it (technically I could have done it on Heroic but two birds one stone I guess)

edit2: Nope, obviously there's a third wave that magically appears (no checkpoint this time) as soon as I finish that elite off. I wonder what percentage of Halo players have even seen these enemies.

edit3: I give up, I'll do it again on Heroic. Hopefully I spent less than three hours trying for the sake of that other achievement haha

FyreWulff

Entire MCC.

EDIT: I can understand having the 100 item max for H3, but this would put it over 100.

:/

Halo 3's limit was generic too, 100 of anything. Sounds like it's content specific for the MCC.

That makes no sense at all. Why are they going backwards?

fakedit:

This means you can't actually keep an updated variant for all Halo 3, 4, and H2A maps at once.

24 Halo 3 maps
26 Halo 4 maps (not counting Forge Island)
6 H2A maps

goes over the 50.

Reach/4 let you have 1000 of each file type

HTupolev

At least if you know how to bypass the "wait here while guilty spark checks his phone for 5 minutes before unlocking the doors" segments in the Library it essentially turns into a Doom level where you have to manage a fuckton of enemies and properly navigate the map. Keyes is, like, all the bad parts of Truth and Reconciliation and flood levels thrown into one.
Why would you sit in the corner hiding when you could be slaughtering waves of space zombies?

I honestly never had a huge problem with Floodgate or Cortana.
Floodgate is actually an alright level.

Cortana? The issue isn't that it's hard, it's that it's clunky; the pure forms discourage dancing. Which is kind of a let-down when the opening chapter is called "rampant."

Should we start making a list of all the other things they need to fix after the major stuff?

Like: Halo 4 turbo
updated halo 3/4 forge variants
More than 50 local files
Icons working properly in halo 2 and 3
LAN
Ricochet game type in halo 4

CliQ

So this is my 299th post on NeoGAF. I want to do something special for my 300th one. Anyone have any ideas? I'm pretty excited

Alright Cliq, I sign up for MCC Throwdown Week 4. Not 3 this weekend because I won't be near an Xbox, but the following one (first weekend of December) I will be there.

I need your GT so I can friend you on XBL

Simulator updated to give some love to Clique if you are lucky and patient.
Just like the real MCC!!!

Haha that's awesome!

Are there a lot of people still having trouble finding games? I played for another couple of hours tonight and got into plenty. Of course, that's searching solo. Still sad at the number of games where Halo 3 is chosen. It's like a disease. It infects everyone. That and smg starts on zanzibar lol.

Alright Cliq, I sign up for MCC Throwdown Week 4. Not 3 this weekend because I won't be near an Xbox, but the following one (first weekend of December) I will be there.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That reminds me....kittens are you still working on a tournament?

Are there a lot of people still having trouble finding games? I played for another couple of hours tonight and got into plenty. Of course, that's searching solo. Still sad at the number of games where Halo 3 is chosen. It's like a disease. It infects everyone. That and smg starts on zanzibar lol.

Are you qing Slayer?
Earlier today I q'ed all the playlists outside of H4 and had failures in all but Slayer. (hence the site creation)

Karl2177

So in the mission Halo in Halo 3, you start off with whatever the game has loaded for the player weapons in RAM. If you do the Wheels, Wheels, and More Wheels playlist in Halo 3, you'll start off Halo with whatever you finished The Ark with. I'm gonna test it later tonight to see if grenades carry over also. Starting with incendiary grenades could be interesting.

Side note: The second skull in Cortana equates to a Spartan Laser in Halo. I want to test and see if picking that skull up is an achievement. I know it would unlock the Blind skull in Halo 3, but I want to see if it acts as the Blind skull in achievement land.

I'm sure this has been discussed already but in Halo 3, do you need to play in Legendary to get all the terminal achievements, since they're incomplete at any other difficulty?

Karl2177

I'm sure this has been discussed already but in Halo 3, do you need to play in Legendary to get all the terminal achievements, since they're incomplete at any other difficulty?

Yes and no. You can access and complete every terminal, but you won't get the achievement for communicating with Mendicant Bias. But yo can just load up the last level on Legendary and swing by real quick to get that one.

"Just shootin' any stalactites I see, what could go wrong?"
-FUBAR McDangles, 2014

ibxpg1hoc5wvthayk2r.gif

Should we start making a list of all the other things they need to fix after the major stuff?

More than 50 local files
LAN

-Update Halo: Combat Evolved to be more like its Xbox counterpart (no 2 sided teleports in Sidewinder, correct weapon timers)

-Update Halo 3 so it doesn't use the launch versions of all the maps, uses the changes to the maps and sandbox in the final version of H3 and puts in map
variants like Boundless, Epilogue, Sand Tarp, and Pit Stop.

-Update Halo 2 and 3 to have BR starts

-Update Halo 2 Anniversary to have BR starts or at least Siilenced SMG Starts

-Update the melee in Halo 2 Anniversary to be less glitchy

-Fix campaign checkpoints erasing and starting the level over when you quit a game

-Ability to turn on or off the hit marker noise in Halo: Combat Evolved

-Update the voting system to include a Veto option

-Patch the Covenant Carbine's fire speed in Halo 2

-Allow Join in Progress for custom games

-Allow file share to download files from the waypoint site

-Enable ranks in all playlists to discourage quitting

Hold on, let me think of more...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...social&utm_channel=Technology&linkId=10696494

Article really lays into 343 and MS for the MCC launch and how it could undue all their hard earned work towards getting people excited for Xbox One etc. Some choice quotes, but that steak analogy pretty accurately brutal.

I honestly think its time to shake things up at 343 and I mean really shake things up. You want to know the biggest sign of their failure?

Halo fans constantly fighting about unpopular changes to Halo.. Ironically, the audience they want, CoD never really fight in their OT's because they never fuck their games up or change up the main formula. I dont like what I see in Halo 5 and after this, why should I accept such bullshit changes like ADS from THIS studio that has gotten NOTHING right.

I honestly think its time to shake things up at 343 and I mean really shake things up. You want to know the biggest sign of their failure?

Halo fans constantly fighting about unpopular changes to Halo.. Ironically, the audience they want, CoD never really fight in their OT's because they never fuck their games up or change up the main formula. I dont like what I see in Halo 5 and after this, why should I accept such bullshit changes like ADS from THIS studio that has gotten NOTHING right.

They kind of do. Its why the Infinity Ward games past MW2 are now badmouthed, but I see your point. I do like what I see in H5 past the silly faux ADS tho.

RoKKeR

-Update Halo: Combat Evolved to be more like its Xbox counterpart (no 2 sided teleports in Sidewinder, correct weapon timers)

-Update Halo 3 so it doesn't use the launch versions of all the maps, uses the changes to the maps and sandbox in the final version of H3 and puts in map
variants like Boundless, Epilogue, Sand Tarp, and Pit Stop.

-Update Halo 2 and 3 to have BR starts

-Update Halo 2 Anniversary to have BR starts or at least Siilenced SMG Starts

-Update the melee in Halo 2 Anniversary to be less glitchy

-Fix campaign checkpoints erasing and starting the level over when you quit a game

-Ability to turn on or off the hit marker noise in Halo: Combat Evolved

-Update the voting system to include a Veto option

-Patch the Covenant Carbine's fire speed in Halo 2

-Allow Join in Progress for custom games

-Allow file share to download files from the waypoint site

-Enable ranks in all playlists to discourage quitting

Hold on, let me think of more...

Yes yes yes. Especially the Halo 3 maps and JIP for customs.

ADS is really nothing in comparison to how dramatically that Sprint has became part of the core focus AGAIN. Holy shit, right? Well we kinda expected they'd do it anyway, but at least making a balanced acception to it is fine but IMHO I am not impressed or excited with what H5 Beta revealed overall. That's a real problem to me. What I am happy and impressed is how well they tweaked Thruster Pack to my imagination how I expected it to "evolve" the movement/flow of things that wouldn't break the formula or "circle". Instead Sprint has yet again rises to Halo and yet again alters the development of quality small maps to cater that bs decision. Not to sound salty it's just really sad we won't ever get those memorable amazing maps we had in the original trilogy to make a real impact in future halo games such as H5.

Ghazi

More than 50 local files
LAN
Wait, what? H4 isn't Turbo?

Wait, what? H4 isn't Turbo?

Halo 4 got better off honestly. Halo 3 is the LAUNCH version of the game...as in, out of the box. None of the patches to the sandbox or the various maps are in, nor is the variants that fix issues such as Boundless ,Sand Tarp, Epilogue and Pitstop.

-Ryn

Banned

Railgun
Thruster Pack
Ricochet
Brought the entire series to next gen in 1080p 60FPS (train wreck of a launch is only a setback)
Dedicated Servers
Showing full support for the competitive community
Map Callouts
In Game Call outs
Decreased Aim Assist by a large margin
Spectator mode
New movement systems that are part of the core gameplay
Got rid of AA's
Got rid of flinch (as far as we can tell)
Beta a year before launch of Halo 5

They've been doing a lot to improve dude. Halo 4 has even been largely improved since its launch.

Railgun
Thruster Pack
Ricochet
Brought the entire series to next gen in 1080p 60FPS (train wreck of a launch is only a setback)
Dedicated Servers
Showing full support for the competitive community
Map Callouts
In Game Call outs
Decreased Aim Assist by a large margin
Spectator mode
New movement systems that are part of the core gameplay
Got rid of AA's
Got rid of flinch (as far as we can tell)
Beta a year before launch of Halo 5

They've been doing a lot to improve dude. Halo 4 has even been largely improved since its launch.

....fuck,most of these are valid points.

I'm probably getting off a Halo high from playing amazing 5 match made games back to back, but 343 is doing more to save Halo than Bungie ever attempted to. All the problems with modern Halo started with Bungie,and it appears that 343 had fixed a great deal with it.

Welfare

Railgun That is good.
Thruster Pack Same
Ricochet Same
Brought the entire series to next gen in 1080p 60FPS (train wreck of a launch is only a setback) ehh, I'm pretty sure those were other studios.
Dedicated Servers Alright, but long overdue.
Showing full support for the competitive community Good
Map Callouts That was Reach.
In Game Call outs This can be good. Depends really.
Decreased Aim Assist by a large margin Good.
Spectator mode Long overdue.
New movement systems that are part of the core gameplay Yet to be proven worthwhile.
Got rid of AA's Excellent
Got rid of flinch (as far as we can tell) Excellent
Beta a year before launch of Halo 5 Good

Responses in bold.

woodland

Fuck my life, the MCC just crashed randomly while forging. An hour of work lost.

Fucking awesome, 10/10 will play until the end of fucking time or, y'know, the game decides it doesn't want to work anymore.

God damn I knew I recognized your name somewhere, I played against you last night in CTF on Coag. You fucking shat all over us in the banshee, which despite being held together by elmer's at that point never exploded.

Also I was the one that killed you in the ghost when you were in the banshee at your base that one time.

So, uh, yea. Hi I guess lol.

Bleah what is with people choosing not only halo 3 maps, but the worst halo 3 maps. People seriously voted cold storage over everything else. And now isolation... WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

In other news I played against a 343 person tonight - respected sir. no idea who he is. played well. kicked my butt anyway.

If some of you don't know what Halo 4's turbo update entailed, this is what it was.

I hope we get this patched into the collection too cuz they really did fix some of the more glaring issues with balance.

Edit: It seems the H2A rumble playlist was just added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom