• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheXbox

From eurogamer:

What?

EDIT:
Good point, but hopefully it's as obvious as that instead of the SMG killing in fewer bullets. The thing that gets me though is the "and in some cases not at all."
Dude, did you read what they asked immediately after that?

Do you modify damage damage based on whether you're firing from the hip or using Smart Scope?

Josh Holmes: No. There's no increase in the damage per bullet or anything like that. There's some minimal effect on kick on some weapons.

Tim Longo: It depends on the weapon. Sometimes spread of the bullets, or the behaviour of the damage. But the damage itself, we're trying to keep both hip-fire and Smart Scope the same.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
The more we learn about Smart Scope the more it sounds like ADS and the less I like it.

This is exactly how I feel.

I have a bad feeling that Halo 5 has some stuff in it that we're not gonna like. Just like with the Gameinformer article leak that revealed custom loadouts, perks, etc. in Halo 4.

After the innovation that was "Not Perks" in Halo 4, get ready for the latest sensation sweeping the Halo nation: "Not Aim Down Sights!"

Halo 6's Newest Innovation: "Not Burn Cards!"

Do you guys think that we'll get compensated in any way by 343 for this failed launch? I'm trying to think about what buyers could get and the only thing I can think of is an extra week of the Halo 5 beta... this was supposed to bring a new generation of gamers to the Halo franchise.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Do you guys think that we'll get compensated in any way by 343 for this failed launch? I'm trying to think about what buyers could get and the only thing I can think of is an extra week of the Halo 5 beta... this was supposed to bring a new generation of gamers to the Halo franchise.

No.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I'd accept no less than the rest of H2's maps remastered for free.

Absolutely. What they did was nothing short of unforgivable and unless I get a free 14-month subscription to Maxim Biweekly, a lifetime supply of Cheeto Puffs and Halo 6: Guardians Harder Multiplayer Alpha Omega access I'm going to completely disown all ties I have with Microsoft unless something remotely interesting comes out so I can waste $249.99 pre-ordering the next Collector's Edition even though I have no idea whether or not it'll be an improved product.

The Flash

Banned

One can hope

Absolutely. What they did was nothing short of unforgivable and unless I get a free 14-month subscription to Maxim Biweekly, a lifetime supply of Cheeto Puffs and Halo 6: Guardians Harder Multiplayer Alpha Omega access I'm going to completely disown all ties I have with Microsoft unless something remotely interesting comes out so I can waste $249.99 pre-ordering the next Collector's Edition even though I have no idea whether or not it'll be an improved product.

Definitly putting this one in 343 suggestion box. Hehehe...

FatMarshall

Neo Member

Reach and ODST or bust.

Madness

I much prefer how Halo games handled zoom in the past. I really don't like having a weapon model take up large portions of the screen. Other than smart scope being a visual treat and perhaps a way to ease in players who typically play games with true ADS, I don't really see it as a "net positive".

I'm also iffy on sights affecting spread for weapons like AR/SMG. One game isn't enough to make any solid conclusions though.

Damn, that's exactly my thought is why. It's a visual but not totally visual for all guns ADS that the majority of the fanbase doesn't want. There is a reason almost every community lost its mind when we saw that gif. And yet they are persisting. Almost everyone who's played said some of the new movement is cool, but they feel iffy on the smart scope in that it's only equal or lesser than what was in the past, not a positive.

Thanks biggy. I know it's not enough to make conclusions, but seeing Reach and Halo 4 and now this, it's enough to be highly skeptical. Can't wait for beta to make my mind up on it though.

darthbob

lol

No. This is Microsoft we're dealing with, not Nintendo.

Maybe release an actual night themed forge canvas instead of a copy pasted Impact skybox.

Not a fan of grass on space...

343i master plan

- Add new stuff community doesn't want
- Add one significant thing community doesn't want (ADS)
- Have really early beta
- Remove new stuff which receives the most objections (ADS)
- Get praised by community for listening
- Everyone calms down about other things they don't want

Booshka

Best thing about introducing ADS is that they essentially get a free pass on still having Sprint in Halo. Everyone is too busy bitching about Smart Scope, they may backtrack on it, but Sprint is here to stay.

Ghazi

343i master plan

- Have really early beta

#BASED343

Important step on #RoadToSpeedyWorldDomination: speedybluedudes is now the mascot of Office Suite Mobile.

iTlqtmIFW2rHS.png

Got in some quick games of ce tonight. Played an even match on hang'em high and had a blast. Next up,derelict where it was like 3v7 haha. I managed to go 8-9 despite the spawn killing fest going on. Then i played a game on wizard where i ended up on the larger team. Other team quit out and match was unfinished. Did one bomb assault on stonetown and then a slayer game on the new lockout. All in all not bad for 45 minutes of game time. Gonna go back to some campaign later tonight.

Mix

I think a more realistic form of compensation would be that they extend the Halo 5 Beta.

What difficulty do I have to play on to find skulls in Halo 2A?

Madness

343i master plan

- Have really early beta

11 months not enough time to undo like two years of work. All major mechanics are here to say. Quinn was answering some questions on his Twitter about what things could change and someone asked him about overall map size, and he said that it was something that would not possibly change, but stuff on map, like ledges and things could. I'm not necessarily a dev, but I'd extrapolate a response like that to assume that major mechanics also won't change. At best they could toggle off for certain playlists, nerf/buff weapons or abilities, speed up or tone down animations, but remove them entirely I wouldn't believe they would. We'd then have a similars scenario to Halo 4. Infinity Slayer vs Legendary BR/Slayer Pro to Breakout/Smart Scope/Spartan Abilities Slayer vs classic Slayer pro without the abilities. I don't even know if traditional click/zoom is in the game at all?

As an additional reward to those customers that participated in our "Umpteen Day, Wait to Play" paid beta program for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (which ran from Nov. 11 – CLASSIFIED), we are providing a complimentary Xbox Live subscription equal to the paid beta's length in days, that is from Tuesday, November 11 until the paid beta's end date. There were some initial complications with the matchmaking process of the "Umpteen Day, Wait to Play" paid beta playlists, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta for as many days as the paid beta lasts, as a "thank you" to our customers that contributed to the success of the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" paid beta launch.

TheOddOne

As an additional reward to those customers that participated in our "Umpteen Day, Wait to Play" paid beta program for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (which ran from Nov. 11 – CLASSIFIED), we are providing a complimentary Xbox Live subscription equal to the paid beta's length in days, that is from Tuesday, November 11 until the paid beta's end date. There were some initial complications with the matchmaking process of the "Umpteen Day, Wait to Play" paid beta playlists, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta for as many days as the paid beta lasts, as a "thank you" to our customers that contributed to the success of the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" paid beta launch.
Well played, sir. Well played.

woodland

At this point I can't tell if there's just super low population or it's working worse than ever. I feel like it's the first, but I guess the second's pretty likely too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom