• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ein Bear

They really need to remaster Reach and ODST and release them as DLC for the MCC.

I'd love to re-play them, but now I've tasted 1080p/60fps Halo I can't go back.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
They really need to remaster Reach and ODST and release them as DLC for the MCC.

Hopefully it's in the pipeline for some point in the future.

Ein Bear

Hopefully it's in the pipeline for some point in the future.

Finger crossed! If they did do it, it'd be interesting to see what the scope would be. Wonder if they'd just do the campaigns, or if they'd include all the multiplayer stuff too and integrate it all into the MCC?

I wouldn't really lose any sleep over them not including Reach's multiplayer, but it would be awesome to have Firefight back for both games.

RoKKeR

The unified UI definitely lends itself to this happening at some point down the line... maybe they rebrand the game as The Halo Collection and end up including the two in 2 years or something.

I really don't think it's out of the question.

Omni

Just unlocked my 100th achievement in this game. Haha.

Slight tangent. Composer (level) in Halo 4 is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Seems framerate is a lot more stable in the later part of the game too. Shame other environments in the game tend to be shades of dirt.

Skullface

Guys, I hear IGN updated their score to 11.0/10...

B2jBXE4CEAAwdTN.jpg:large

I've had this happen.

So my H2A checkpoints are not being saved and because of that I have to redo whole levels from start.

Thanks, 343.

I've also noticed this. For this reason, I've been playing each level from start to finish. Even when sometimes I want to rage quit.

So my H2A checkpoints are not being saved and because of that I have to redo whole levels from start.

Thanks, 343.
That was happening to me during my CE playthrough, so I decided to only start missions I intended to finish in one sitting rather than quit midway through and lose my progress. Playing H2A on legendary now and I refuse to take any risks lol

Skele7on

Banned
you know if you look quick enough or it's lagging you'll see each game is set to find 20 people per match.

343 really fucked this match making up, I don't even know how they did it.

did they like totally forget how to do it after Halo 4 or what?

What also worries me, is I was a level 2 today and played a level 13.

THAT AINT RIGHT MAN.

CliQ

hBclf3r.jpg

MCC Throwdown Week 2!!!

8v8 CTF Bloodline
8v8 1 Flag CTF Stone Town

Send me a PM with your GT and skill level (1-10) if you want to play.

See you on the battlefield!

RowdyReverb

I got a Team BRs match on Halo 3 Narrows that made 2v3 teams, but one of the players on the team of 3 was apparently booted in the lobby, making for an even 2v2 game, which was really perfect. I wonder if it was intentional, or just due to another bug that happened to improve things

343 really fucked this match making up, I don't even know how they did it.

did they like totally forget how to do it after Halo 4 or what?

What also worries me, is I was a level 2 today and played a level 13.

THAT AINT RIGHT MAN.

Matchmaking isn't bad, it's bugged. I think once everything is running smoothly, we'll see more even match-ups. Right now, the servers are prioritizing getting you into a match at all even if it's not ideal.

TheOddOne

That was happening to me during my CE playthrough, so I decided to only start missions I intended to finish in one sitting rather than quit midway through and lose my progress. Playing H2A on legendary now and I refuse to take any risks lol
The MCC has become a new form of Dark Souls. Punishment for everything.

Booshka

Not to be pissy but I was watching CE legend Ogre 2 stream 2's on Prisoner the other night and he was unloading full clips into Royal 2 and not killing him. The networking for the game seemed so bad that I can't take any stand out clips or stats posted that seriously right now. Maybe dedi's will make it better.

Ya Both Ogres are really disappointed with Halo CE on MCC, they both said so on stream. That Gamespy netcode.

Is Wednesday's patch supposed to fix everything wrong with the game because it honestly feels like the game is broken as shit, it better be fixed by December when I get my Xbox Oneth.

Hopefully the population isn't completely destroyed after this fuck up by then.

Yo, put me in the boat that enjoys CE MP the most.

Also I still think it looks the best artistically, all the maps have a sense of belonging missing in the sequels post H2.
The simplicity and colors in CE are refreshing.
Ya Both Ogres are really disappointed with Halo CE on MCC, they both said so on stream. That Gamespy netcode.
I'd rather deal with this than XBC. The input delay was unbearable sometimes, whereas here we have to deal with exaggerated leading. Neither is ideal for a competitive environment, but for casual play it's a lot better.

I'm making a big team battle map that's a box canyon with a fissure in the middle, there's a middle structure that controls a bridge that goes over the fissure. At the start, there will be scorpion on the bridge, so if your team wins the race to the tank and control panel you get the tank, but the other team could despawn the bridge, causing the tank and anyone on the bridge to fall into the fissure and die. I haven't made the bases yet, but I think I'm going to make them Timberlands/Sidewinder style.

Kibbles

Is Wednesday's patch supposed to fix everything wrong with the game because it honestly feels like the game is broken as shit, it better be fixed by December when I get my Xbox Oneth.

Hopefully the population isn't completely destroyed after this fuck up by then.
Matchmaking will hopefully be working in full force but I feel like we will be playing the Halo 5 beta before the game is fully functional.

My first H2AMP map is going to be an indoor 4v4 map optimal for Slayer and CTF. Layout has three levels, and it's mostly within an elongated stretch of rectangle. Top resembles Damnation in that it's a bridge with multiple access points, mid is Orbital's successful poet laureate cousin and bottom resembles rocks / nerfle spawn on Reflection. Center mid there's a defensible "sports bar" area and lifts on either side of it take you from bottom to top, with glass viewports inside the bar showing you who's on their way up. Nilla's experimenting with some elevator mechanics for a gimmick I'll get into later.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm making a big team battle map that's a box canyon with a fissure in the middle, there's a middle structure that controls a bridge that goes over the fissure. At the start, there will be scorpion on the bridge, so if your team wins the race to the tank and control panel you get the tank, but the other team could despawn the bridge, causing the tank and anyone on the bridge to fall into the fissure and die. I haven't made the bases yet, but I think I'm going to make them Timberlands/Sidewinder style.

Interesting concept. It seems like it would work with a snipers gamemode pretty well.

---------

Are there any overviews of the H5 arena map that has been shown? The one with the grid floor.

Raide

Map in my fileshare if anyone wants to test it for me. Some holes in the floor that I have not patched up lol but its a multiteam based map with a foundation style middle bit. First just about done map but I am constantly making new stuff hah.

Raide UK is my GT.

Ataxia

Finished a run of Halo 4's campaign yesterday. Wasn't as bad as I remembered. Plus I've grown to love that Cortana design. They should have just used it in H2.

Oh and I realised that if you're playing a campaign for the first time, use the playlists. You get an extra achievement when you finish.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
I really do hate to seriously ask this question, but will Gamestop let me return or exchange Halo: MCC for full price? I really want to buy GTA V, and I'll definitely purchase MCC once it actually properly functions.

I read one thread on Waypoint saying that someone exchanged it for Call of Duty, but I don't know the legitimacy of that.

Madness

I really do hate to seriously ask this question, but will Gamestop let me return or exchange Halo: MCC for full price? I really want to buy GTA V, and I'll definitely purchase MCC once it actually properly functions.

I read one thread on Waypoint saying that someone exchanged it for Call of Duty, but I don't know the legitimacy of that.

Always at the discretion of the store manager, but yes, you could go and tell them the problems, and say you'd like to exchange it for another game, get store credit etc. It's been done before. No sense keeping it if you won't play and would rather have something else, plus you can always rebuy later.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Always at the discretion of the store manager, but yes, you could go and tell them the problems, and say you'd like to exchange it for another game, get store credit etc. It's been done before. No sense keeping it if you won't play and would rather have something else, plus you can always rebuy later.

That's what I'm saying. I just want to know if I would receive the full purchase price back (whether it's in the form of store credit or whatever), and that the return would even be valid at all. In addition, I should note that I used both the preorder bonus and the Halo: Nightfall codes. I don't know if that has an impact on whether or not my return will be valid either.

I'll purchase the game once it's functioning, probably around the Halo 5 Beta.

Ein Bear

My game just crashed twice in a row pressing the menu button at the title screen.

I get a lot of crashes at the menus too. When I'm moving around, it often leaves the previous menu on the screen, overlayed on top of the new one. Then it freaks out and crashes.

I really can't blame anyone who pursues a refund for this. I'm sticking with it, but it's literally the single buggiest title I've ever bought at retail.

Nebula

I just searched and got put into a game almost instantly. Fucking sweet!

Got put straight into another game and it froze my game. Welp.

....Maybe the state of his product is the reason why pre launch streamers were only allowed to play a select few missions and no multiplayer for a while and they had matchmaking shut off when then could?

Madness

....Maybe the state of his product is the reason why pre launch streamers were only allowed to play a select few missions and no multiplayer for a while and they had matchmaking shut off when then could?

No, very few reviewers are ever allowed to stream entire missions or campaigns pre-launch, especially in the war of "Let's Plays".

No multiplayer centric title has ever really turned on matchmaking prior to launch I think. Not denying they didn't know at least a few of the issues, seeing as how ranks wouldn't be in at launch, CE playlist removed, only dedis for matchmaking and not campaign/customs.

Just unlocked my 100th achievement in this game. Haha.

Slight tangent. Composer (level) in Halo 4 is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Seems framerate is a lot more stable in the later part of the game too. Shame other environments in the game tend to be shades of dirt.

Hopefully the update doesn't erase anything saved so far. I'm thinking about all the forgers as well...

After that Halo thread on gaming-side (the writing one), I'm starting to wonder if (halo 5: guardians speculation / spoilers?)
the Didact is going to somehow try and combine the Halo Array with Composer tech, meaning he'd not only kill all organic life in the galaxy, but archive and weaponize it.

tootsi666

After that Halo thread on gaming-side (the writing one), I'm starting to wonder if (halo 5: guardians speculation / spoilers?)
the Didact is going to somehow try and combine the Halo Array with Composer tech, meaning he'd not only kill all organic life in the galaxy, but archive and weaponize it.
Some Escalation spoilers
I think Didact won't return in H5 after reading escalation (maybe in H6), but if Flood returns, like it was teased in escalation, he might just try to do something like that to make sure he doesn't fail against the Flood again.

TheXbox

Isn't the Didact perma-dead? Like, didn't they kill him in a comic or something?
That sounds like a thing they would do, though.

To those having game saves issues, I honestly think the fix is to go into your system > power settings and disable instant on. I am the only one on this forum to my knowledge who has NEVER experienced a glitch related to SP. Never have I had my saves wiped out or the game crash during SP.

I am aware that one of the issues related to preloading the game was actually due to instant on triggering a re queue of the DL, where as people who used energy saver like me had 0 issues with the pre load.

I recommend anyone having SP issues to simply switch your console to energy saver. I believe that since the console does a full boot & clear of the cache has something to do with preventing the SP glitches to run rampant.

I have played A LOT of SP so far almost done with solo h3 legendary(already done ce/2) and I haven't had one sp crash or save issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom