• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

King Leo

Neo Member
I'm thinking it, you're thinking it, we're all thinking it deep down..

343, don't add loadouts to the final game, or perks, or ordinance. You have something good here! thx

Overdoziz

Banned

• Modify Ground Pound controls to prevent conflicts w/ crouch jumping
  • We’ll be buffing the [Hydra] to make it more effective out of zoom and ensure that it feels like a true power weapon.
  • Sniper Rifle: improve scope experience to making it less “clunky” and faster to scope
  • Reduce bonuses for automatic weapons in Smart-Link & w/ headshots
  • Remove grenade detonation in mid-air based on weapon fire
  • Post-death replay: this will become an opt-in feature. After death, players will see a traditional follow-cam and have the option to view a replay of their death from the killer’s perspective (as long as the feature is enabled within the playlist)
  • Adding highlights to placed/dropped weapons to make them easier to see
  • General tuning for announcer and Spartan chatter to reduce the frequency of events and focus on the information that matters most to players
  • Hide CSR ranks until in match to de-incentivize quitting
  • Punish quitters with CSR penalties and matchmaking bans

This addresses a good amount of the complaints I had with the beta. Glad to see that they're relatively open with what changes they're gonna make. Wish it'd be a bit less vague, but it's still nice to see. Hopefully they'll talk about starting weapons soon and about how BR+AR starts is easily the best option out there.

Welfare

You may not like it but the poll was the poll. We weren't trying to confirm some bias. There's nothing skewed or controlled about the stats, numbers or feedback. That's the feedback.

2999374-8194131681-dont-.jpg

:p

We getting another survey this month?

antigoon

Just saw the changes. It's really interesting...the competitive community is going to have some hard choices to make. The scene is gonna die on the vine if it goes completely barebones with no sprint/spartan abilities.

I think they just need to ride or die with most of the defaults.

Computer

The servery would skip questions based on your previous answers. I know this because I was never asked a question on sprint that I saw people posting on the forums. It skipped the question because I was on the fence about a sprint related question before it. So ya the servery was BS.

RBK

Banned
I would love to have another beta just to try out the changes and how they incorporate in the BTB modes.

Crouch jumping being in is nice, but won't mean if map design don't account for it.

Mix

All of this exciting Halo news and when I try to play MCC I have to boot it up 3 times because the first two times the game just closes itself. I really really want that update, or at least the beta for it :/

Computer

I would love to have another beta just to try out the changes and how they incorporate in the BTB modes.

Crouch jumping being in is nice, but won't mean if map design don't account for it.

The jump height in the beta was a joke. I found myself getting stuck on the smallest ledges unless I used clamber. They force you to use clamber with low jump height.

All of this exciting Halo news and when I try to play MCC I have to boot it up 3 times because the first two times the game just closes itself. I really really want that update, or at least the beta for it :/

My favorite is when you finally find a game on a good map then it crashes on the loading screen.

CyReN

You may not like it but the poll was the poll. We weren't trying to confirm some bias. There's nothing skewed or controlled about the stats, numbers or feedback. That's the feedback.

The question was asked in such a way it would take various selective responses to get to the core of the issue. You may not see it as skewed, but it was very selective within the survey.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You need to get banned from matchmaking for 5 minutes every time you quit, and have it get progressively longer as you go.

MCC is so awful. I get in a big team game and over the game half the team quits, thus I keep losing.

Quit bans need to happen.

willow ve

The question was asked in such a way it would take various selective responses to get to the core of the issue. You may not see it as skewed, but it was very selective within the survey.

Agree. It's the problem with almost all statics gathering when done with multiple choice surveys.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What is the point in arguing over the question? You all knew that sprint was here to stay. Now they give you the option to disable it in custom games because of feedback and all you do is bitch some more.

It probably wouldn't have mattered if even 99% of the 19k polled said "NO SPRINT".

Ramirez

You need to get banned from matchmaking for 5 minutes every time you quit, and have it get progressively longer as you go.

MCC is so awful. I get in a big team game and over the game half the team quits, thus I keep losing.

I don't think people understand just how fucked MCC is even if it could get a game going most of the time. Once the MM works, that's only part of the problem. There's still no ranks, no proper settings, hit detection issues, no quitting penalty, etc.

BigShow36

Soon.

H5 teams and MCC teams are not sharing bandwidth or resources. Or tech for that matter.

MCC big fix is making good progress. More news soon.

Soon there won't be anyone left on the game to care.

You only reference polls when they confirm decisions you were already going to make.

Ramirez

Yeah, that's what I mean by sound-based actually, whenever there is gunfire.

Did you receive the survey? I didn't, but saw several questions after digging around since I was interested in seeing what was asked. Would have liked to see the survey in its entirety.

Nah, I didn't sign up for that shit. The only thing that was going to change was obvious stuff, not core mechanics in the game.

I find some of the quitting ridiculous.
You'll have people overwhelmingly vote for something and shortly in they drop out like flies. Like it wasn't a case of something shitty being forced on everyone, you all voted for it so why are you all bailing?

I find some of the quitting ridiculous.
You'll have people overwhelmingly vote for something and shortly in they drop out like flies. Like it wasn't a case of something shitty being forced on everyone, you all voted for it so why are you all bailing?

I believe I read somewhere that if the person who has host quits, it ends the game early. Also, I've got into a match, just to have the game quit me to the main title screen. Perhaps that is happening more than we know.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

To be devils advocate here...you guys aren't exactly revealing what this 11% is part of. You guys said 19,000 people have signed up to be part of the HCFP....but not all 19,000 received surveys, so how many did and of those that did...we can see what the 11% made up.

For example, if you only surveyed something like 1,000 of the 19,000, then 11% = 110 people

It would be nice to know where the 11% is coming from...because the way Holmes' wrote it in his blog...it's a blanket statement, no different than CNN posting a traditional poll of theirs on their site saying 11% of people surveyed said they wont vote for president nominee bob, therefore president nominee bob doesn't stand a chance..... (2,000 people were polled in this CNN survey, sample errors is +/- 5 %)

I even got the surveys and I voted against sprint being in Halo, it's not necessary at all in the long run for the Halo franchise to have sprint.

To go further, I keep seeing the Halo competitive community raiding torches and pitchforks that sprint is going to have toggle option....at the end of the day, I couldn't care less honestly if sprint is in the game. During the survey, I voted against sprint because that was my honest opinion about it based on the question being asked to me.

If the final shipped game comes with sprint...it won't kill Halo for me, but what will kill Halo for me is the starting weapons. I'm so drained on the crap weapon-starts that began with Halo 2 and since then, have not changed. One can argue Halo 4 allowed you to spawn with what you wanted...but we all know how that worked out for Halo 4, I'm not even going to explain that.

Sprint isn't some end all be all of Halo, it's what I would say is 1% of what would affect Halo 5's longevity.

The default starting weapons, the weapons on map, the power weapon placement, the powerup placement, these are what will affect Halo's longevity. If the base game isn't fun to play, sprint or not sprint...I'm personally not going to enjoy it. I know there are many gamers out there that share my thoughts about Halo...we simply want a fair and balanced Halo...and us old folks always revert back to Halo CE as the golden ticket of Halo...it was pure, yet all of these Halos since then have had to be tweaked by third-parties in order to achieve some sort of playable balanced Halo game.

Bottom line, sprint, whether it's here to stay or not, doesn't really matter.

The details of Halo 5 are what will make or break the game. Base player movement speed, sprint speed, player gravity, default starting weapons, weapons on map, power weapons on map, powerups on map...etc. All of this will dictate Halo 5's success...not some silly trendy 2015 FPS mechanic called sprint.

For me personally, if Halo 5 spawns me with starting weapons that don't allow me to defend myself legitimately from all ranges...I'm not going to waste my time with the game. I'm most certainly not going to have to depend on custom games or the so-called uber pro Halo Championship Series to give me my Halo fix. I've depended on esports Halo since 2004 to give me a true balanced Halo...I'm done with it.

I just want to fire up Halo 5 and have that same experience I had during the beta with the AR/BR starts....on top of that, I want static timed powerups and static timed power weapons across all the maps, and I want Halo CE-style time to kill (which I believe was pretty damn represented in the Halo 5 beta during the week of AR/BR starts).

/rant/feedback/hope

Hey frankie I hope u read this, I really liked the update u guys gave today. I think u are on the right track with halo 5 but plz address these issues

Br/ar starts - this is a must
more control schemes
Toggle for classic zoom, ads is just too much clutter

Booshka

Guys, so this is funny/depressing on its own: http://www.koat.com/news/bachelor-episode-gets-mixed-reviews-from-new-mexicans/31076254

But the important thing to learn is that my state's tourism director is named "Randy Randall"...

We are so fucked.

Those news anchors should have just come out and said all those girls on the Bachelor were dumb cunts. Their little bullshit laughs and facial expressions practically screamed it.

It's pretty easy to tell when you are in New Mexico. Signs like these start popping up everywhere.

Those news anchors should have just come out and said all those girls on the Bachelor were dumb cunts. Their little bullshit laughs and facial expressions practically screamed it.

It's pretty easy to tell when you are in New Mexico. Signs like these start popping up everywhere.

Who the hell is E. M. Citizen?

And is that first sign encouraging you to text and drive?

dwells

Toggles are good, but I think we've pretty much confirmed that standard Halo and competitive Halo are going to be two very different games, just like in the past. In fact, there's a definite possibility it may be even more distinct of a gap.

Who the hell is E. M. Citizen?

And is that first sign encouraging you to text and drive?

No, you dial it, silly. Is it illegal to talk on a phone while driving statewide yet?

Anyway, this is my favorite New Mexico billboard (from the ol' hometown):

2076a83.jpg

"We'll kill you with kindness! and/or precision-guided bombs"

Ramirez

Toggles are good, but I think we've pretty much confirmed that standard Halo and competitive Halo are going to be two very different games, just like in the past. In fact, there's a definite possibility it may be even more distinct of a gap.

Then it will not be popular in the grand scheme of e-sports.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Can you complete the Return of Megg in co-op or does it have to be done by yourself?

No, you dial it, silly. Is it illegal to talk on a phone while driving statewide yet?

Anyway, this is my favorite New Mexico billboard (from the ol' hometown):

2076a83.jpg

"We'll kill you with kindness! and/or precision-guided bombs"
I'm pretty sure that's just Santa Fe and Albuquerque, Prinz. So, for like 70% of the state's population...

This is by far my favorite homegrown, Alamogordo-native billboard:

k1HUBbQ.jpg

Fun fact: the "mother" in question lives like 300 ft from my house.

Top Bottom