• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

It sounds kind of similar to CoD's F2P edition specifically made for China. I don't think it's designed with US audiences in mind. Sure, never say never, but I don't see a Halo game intended for the US coming out in Russia first.

Considering the Waypoint article stresses that this is being tailored very much with Russian players in mind, I can't imagine they'd bring it over to the US without making very drastic changes to the game. And that's even if it's successful.

I imagine this will have a detected group of players in Russia, but will hardly be a nationwide success. Expect it to stay put. Rather get full games than a F2P anyway. Russia can keep this one.

Computron

8DlSd35.png

I'm russian, I will translate:

Instructions for combat on cosmobase anvil:

1 - Use Tactical Package 1
2 - Use Tactical Package 2
3 - Use Tactical Package 3
4 - Use Tactical Package 4
Q - Close Quarter Combat - melee
TAB - Score
SHIFT - sprint
CTRL - crouch
SPACE - roughly translates to "deploy gravity gauntlet" (congrats Wahrer)
F - throw grenade
G - Switch grenade type
E - use / pick-up
R- Reload
T - All chat
Y - Team Chat
Scroll Wheel - change guns
Right Mouse Button - it's cut off, but it says "scope", so ADS :-(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
HOR! HOR! (Halo Online Russia) :p

Anyhow, wonder if they have access to Reach's networking or if they're improving the network side of the engine (there was some presentation about network bandwidth optimization for Reach a while back).

Reach was peer to peer and via XBL. They wouldn't use the same model.

Computer

2 Halo games in the same year one completely different from the other. Whats going on? Don't bring this knock off Halo to the US. We need the community focused on Halo 5.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
2 Halo games in the same year one completely different from the other. Whats going on? Don't bring this knock off Halo to the US. We need the community focused on Halo 5.

This is not planned for the US, it is built for a specific market and gamer style. This couldn't have been made any more clear. Russia does not have a massive installed base of 360s or Xboxes.

So your hand-wringing is 100% unwarranted.

That said, I do get pissed when I remember I can't buy an RS6 Avant in the US. Even though I couldn't afford one even if they sold them here.

Madness

Why though? The Russian ruble is absolute garbage right now and unlike China, Russia doesn't have a population large enough that it makes sense not to go to any other regions.

Computron

This is not planned for the US, it is built for a specific market and gamer style. This couldn't have been made any more clear. Russia does not have a massive installed base of 360s or Xboxes.

That said, I do get pissed when I remember I can't buy an RS6 Avant in the US. Even though I couldn't afford one even if they sold them here.

Let me import one for you, i'll just need your Credit Card and SSN please. :)

So, VPN anyone?

Nowise10

I'm very interested in seeing footage of the game even though I'll never play it. It all sounds odd to me. Although closed beta usually means NDA which means no footage other then crappy footage.

-Ryn

Banned
I realize Halo Online isn't meant for the US market, but I would still really like to try it out. I'm especially intrigued about how it looks considering it is based upon the Halo 3 engine.

I wanna seem some screens/footage.

This art is great.

IfRhneY.jpg
This actually looks really cool

Halo Online to be massive sleeper hit

dwells

America hates wagons and hatchbacks for some reason. Damn CUV buyers ruined it for those of us who actually like cars.

I probably would've bought an A45 AMG by now if they'd let me have one. And now with Clarkson sacked and Top Gear effectively dead, I'm not even going to get to live vicariously through watching them thrash around hot wagons and hatches.

:(

Madness

I know. Did they honestly think fans would be okay with a Halo FPS game coming to a select market and that, not bringing it to their primary fanbases at all is a smart move? Who cares how shitty it is. Let me at least try it out. If I could play that Mountain Dew Halo 4 game on my phone, I could play this.

IHaveIce

Banned
Reading how the gameplay works I'm not mad at all that it is russia only.

But dare them if the maps are good and we will never get them in real Halo games

AlStrong

Reach was peer to peer and via XBL. They wouldn't use the same model.

Ah... fair enough. I take it to mean this is using dedis. :)

It sounds kind of similar to CoD's F2P edition specifically made for China. I don't think it's designed with US audiences in mind. Sure, never say never, but I don't see a Halo game intended for the US coming out in Russia first.

mm... forgot about COD: China. Ah well. Guess the best to hope for is like what happened with Warface.

Computron

Reading how the gameplay works I'm not mad at all that it is russia only.

But dare them if the maps are good and we will never get them in real Halo games

"halo 3 engine but optimized for low end PC"
"F2P game"

>if the maps are good

my expectations are rather low.

--------------------

that said, h3 engine is an interesting choice.
I wonder why they picked it?
they also got that hornet up in the picture above, and thats kinda cool...

Is this new info?

"ABOUT HALO 5: GUARDIANS SERIES 1:
With the next epic chapter in the Halo video game saga set to release this fall, Halo 5: Guardians Series 1 action figures will launch with an incredible cast of characters. The series will include our returning hero- The Master Chief, a rising star in the UNSC ranks - Spartan Locke, as well as some exciting new and returning characters from the Halo universe.

Tying directly into the Halo 5: Guardians gameplay, each figure will be packaged with a downloadable code for in-game content.

Many of these "Classified" characters have yet-to-be-revealed, so we can't even share the smallest of details. All of these articulated figures will include the same quality and attention to detail collectors have come to expect from McFarlane toys' products. Here is a rundown on the character reveals so far!"

"SPARTAN LOCKE - Spartan Locke is tasked with hunting down the legendary Spartan but his intentions may not be what they seem. As a game of cat and mouse unfolds between these dynamic Spartans, an alien force is rising that threatens the entire galaxy. Introduced in the live-action series Halo: Nightfall, Jameson Locke has the knowledge and skills to take out any threat. Will he replace the Master Chief as the UNSC's top super soldier?"

"MASTER CHIEF - Shortly after the incredible events of Halo 4, peace is shattered when Colony Worlds are unexpectedly attacked. But when humanity's greatest hero goes missing, who will save the galaxy?"

Is this new info?

"ABOUT HALO 5: GUARDIANS SERIES 1:
With the next epic chapter in the Halo video game saga set to release this fall, Halo 5: Guardians Series 1 action figures will launch with an incredible cast of characters. The series will include our returning hero- The Master Chief, a rising star in the UNSC ranks - Spartan Locke, as well as some exciting new and returning characters from the Halo universe.

Tying directly into the Halo 5: Guardians gameplay, each figure will be packaged with a downloadable code for in-game content.

Many of these "Classified" characters have yet-to-be-revealed, so we can't even share the smallest of details. All of these articulated figures will include the same quality and attention to detail collectors have come to expect from McFarlane toys' products. Here is a rundown on the character reveals so far!"

"SPARTAN LOCKE - Spartan Locke is tasked with hunting down the legendary Spartan but his intentions may not be what they seem. As a game of cat and mouse unfolds between these dynamic Spartans, an alien force is rising that threatens the entire galaxy. Introduced in the live-action series Halo: Nightfall, Jameson Locke has the knowledge and skills to take out any threat. Will he replace the Master Chief as the UNSC's top super soldier?"

"MASTER CHIEF - Shortly after the incredible events of Halo 4, peace is shattered when Colony Worlds are unexpectedly attacked. But when humanity's greatest hero goes missing, who will save the galaxy?"

Got posted in the lore thread, but since these guys are all bks who'd rather get donged on in multi than read a book, most probably didn't see it.

There's some interesting stuff in there, though some of it is probably just toy selling silliness.

daedalius

So New Blood is pretty damn good.

Looking forward to all the books we get this year.

Also, I need those toys. Well at least Locke to go next to my Kai MC.

halo 4 sucks

fight me jem

No it's actually a wonderful game. Not what everyone wanted sure, but it gave us thruster and a much better BR than 2s or 3s. And I personally could never go without Sprint again.

Someone's gotta be on the bad opinion train if he's banned.
So New Blood is pretty damn good.

Looking forward to all the books we get this year.

Also, I need those toys. Well at least Locke to go next to my Kai MC.

New blood was really good. Ending was actually pretty well done.

No it's actually a wonderful game. Not what everyone wanted sure, but it gave us thruster and a much better BR than 2s or 3s. And I personally could never go without Sprint again.

Someone's gotta defend 4 if he's banned.
Um no..

Also I've heard H5: Beta that Jumping Is slightly lower when compared to previous MP. Why's that though? I'd like to jump a bit higher in MP, imo.

Glass

Messing round with the Xbones new screenshot function, cannot wait to use it with Halo 5,

Screenshot-Original%204_zpsznmbnnz5.png

Screenshot-Original%201_zpsooljxgk8.png

If thats what 2007 looks like, I am fucking hyped for a 2015 Halo.

Got posted in the lore thread, but since these guys are all bks who'd rather get donged on in multi than read a book, most probably didn't see it.

There's some interesting stuff in there, though some of it is probably just toy selling silliness.

Were this Mega Bloks, yes. But McFarlane Toys are really serious about lore and whatnot. Especially since everything Halo has to be approved by 343 before they mass produce. I think these descriptions are pretty dead on in terms of what to expect in the game.

Also, each figure comes with a code for in game content, like the Halo 4 waves. Which means we're getting customizable skins for armor or weapons. Or both.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If thats what 2007 *remastered at 1080p* looks like, I am fucking hyped for a 2015 Halo.

Quite an important piece of information left out.

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!

AlStrong

What a strange looking.... lower torso.

Locke oddly reminds me of Didact/Forerunner for some reason.

Is that the binary rifle in that pic?

Fairly certain the guy is firing an AR. The background rock structure is a bit deceiving.

Were this Mega Bloks, yes. But McFarlane Toys are really serious about lore and whatnot. Especially since everything Halo has to be approved by 343 before they mass produce. I think these descriptions are pretty dead on in terms of what to expect in the game.

Also, each figure comes with a code for in game content, like the Halo 4 waves. Which means we're getting customizable skins for armor or weapons. Or both.

Hmm... then the line going "will Locke have the skills to replace the Chief as the UNSC's top soldier" is extremely interesting. Could be we're getting a propaganda subtext about the UNSC and ONI trying to cast Locke as the Chief replacement.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm just gonna build a GUI interface in Visual Basic to re-route my IP address into Russia in order to crack into the closed beta test for Halo Online and download it here to play on my Mac.

Glass

Quite an important piece of information left out.

To be sure, but just as you can't polish a turd, giving a fresh 1080p polish to the wrong game would probably shine a light on average graphics. This thing looks so damn solid. And clean. I hope 5 eases up on the in your face lighting and glow.

Top Bottom