• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

Should've just kept CE at 3v3, and put CE in team doubles heavily weighted. It was playing fine, imo. Some maps it definitely felt like more kills, but if someone was doing bad, you still had another teammate to help you. But it's whatever. I wonder how quit penalties will work in a game that still is wonky as crap with poor playlist consolidation and no ranks. I'm sorry, I'm going to quit every time you give me flinch snipers H4.

Obscured

People just voted SMG on Gemini over br's on heretic fuck thris community.

Someone come join me on MCC so he have more BR votes

I would play with you and vote for BR starts but I'm terrible at this game now so you'd probably kick me.

Dedicated Servers b o y s

C3hXXKa.gif

You are lucky, when I have that kind of lag grenades magically appear next to my head.

Deception

Rewatched FUD for the first time since it launched and man was it better than I remembered. I loved the feeling of terror and mystery it captured with the covenant and how it presented Chief and the other Spartan IIs as beast(how old were they in this? Like 14-15 or something right?) Nightfall tried to do this with the Hunter worms but wasn't as successful I feel.

Now I have the desire to reread Fall of Reach.

Computer

Rewatched FUD for the first time since it launched and man was it better than I remembered. I loved the feeling of terror and mystery it captured with the covenant and how it presented Chief and the other Spartan IIs as beast(how old were they in this? Like 14-15 or something right?) Nightfall tried to do this with the Hunter worms but wasn't as successful I feel.

Now I have the desire to reread Fall of Reach.

Seeing the chief from their perspective was was awesome. The FUD did a great job of not making the chief the main character.

Akai__

Nice.

Saw Bravo tweeting about ranks beeing fixed, so 50's don't play against low levels anymore. He also replied to someone saying the Halo 3 audio issue is being worked on. Hopefully they will resolve those, but I'll remain sceptical.

Latest Canon Fodder for those of you who enjoy this aspect of the franchise.

<3

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-nine-lives

Thanks. I enjoy those.

The terror depicted in FUD was awesome, as was The Mona Lisa in Halo Evolutions. Could definitely use more of these.

Those halo waypoint motion comics are excellent. 343 Industries glory days. Mona Lisa, Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian, and the Return are fantastic short stories. I hope for another Evolutions. I feel like the short stories are the best way to adapt Halo lore to text (or comic). Little bite sized things that can be read on a break or on the pooper. And Halo Legends? Probably still my favourite expanded universe "piece". I don't even want to say how many times I've watched Origins looking for clues. That's the good stuff for sure.

Nice.

Saw Bravo tweeting about ranks beeing fixed, so 50's don't play against low levels anymore.
I believe that when i see that. Until then, its words without any proof.

He also replied to someone saying the Halo 3 audio issue is being worked on. Hopefully they will resolve those, but I'll remain sceptical.
I really dont get how such issue got trough the QA test. Have they never played the game with a 5.1 Audio Setup?

Tawpgun

You give me smg's on Zanzibar and I'll quit. Fuck yo penalties. Gotta meet me halfway here 343.

Betrayal penalties are also super dangerous in Halo CE.... So many betrayals in BTB gsmes because of the stupid vehicle death boxes

343N

Neo Member
You give me smg's on Zanzibar and I'll quit. Fuck yo penalties. Gotta meet me halfway here 343.

Betrayal penalties are also super dangerous in Halo CE.... So many betrayals in BTB gsmes because of the stupid vehicle death boxes

this is hypocrisy, please for the love of god DON'T QUIT JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT. and if you do quit, don't complain about quitters in the future. thanks.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I can't believe I just played Halo 3 on PC. Sort of anyway. A PC version of Halo 3 is the only Halo anything I've ever truly wanted since Halo 3 on 360. And here it is. With sprint and AAs and for Russia. Life is cruel.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
this is hypocrisy, please for the love of god DON'T QUIT JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT. and if you do quit, don't complain about quitters in the future. thanks.

I quit all derp rifle games.

I'd actually prefer my "team" to quit far more often than not.

Fuchsdh

Those halo waypoint motion comics are excellent. 343 Industries glory days. Mona Lisa, Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian, and the Return are fantastic short stories. I hope for another Evolutions. I feel like the short stories are the best way to adapt Halo lore to text (or comic). Little bite sized things that can be read on a break or on the pooper. And Halo Legends? Probably still my favourite expanded universe "piece". I don't even want to say how many times I've watched Origins looking for clues. That's the good stuff for sure.

I do wish we got more motion comics, and I loved Evolution, but if we get what we're getting now, with so many novel releases and then interspersed smaller stories, that fits my bill too. Only real advantage of an anthology is you can get crazy or creative with the style or theme and it won't be so off-putting since it's just part of a collection.

And yeah, I'm in the "never give up, never quit" camp. As much as I like ARs and whatnot I definitely agree there are some maps that should only be BR starts.

(Warlock is not one of them. And BR Slayer on Warlock always gets picked, ugh.)

Akai__

Seeing Halo 3 UI and maps with post Halo 3 weapon models is still jarring. Every time I look at Halo Online screenshots my immediate reaction is to think of it as some expensive fan game.

It's very odd, yeah.

They should make this Project Open Source, so people can actually create stuff for it. There's really no need to make it Russia only. People have been begging for a Halo 3 PC game for years now. It has awesome maps, awesome sounds, awesome vehicles and it even has a freaking FOV slider...

This is once again a Halo game, that has so much potential, but nobody knows how to use it.

Lol wow ok. So they never played it with any Audio Setup at all...

Apparently not. I can't even play halo 3 because of it. Sounds like there's a warthog right beside me no matter where it is. Frustrating. Audio works great in Halo Russia though!

I can't believe I just played Halo 3 on PC. Sort of anyway. A PC version of Halo 3 is the only Halo anything I've ever truly wanted since Halo 3 on 360. And here it is. With sprint and AAs and for Russia. Life is cruel.

Just wait for the free map pack for it that comes with remakes of Terminal and Burial Mounds.

Computer

Played H2A all night with 2 other people. What a mess the game is. It still crashes on the loading screen about every 4 games. Then says the parties data is out of sync and to restart the game. What ever that means. After you restart you get a different glitch saying it downloading match making info. This never goes away until you hard reset. Once that is done the next party leader will get the same error and will have to hard reset as well. On top of that every game is pure lag. I have not seen 343 address that lag issues in H2A. Are they aware how bad it is?

Smart Scope is just a more visually cluttered version of what Halo has always had. I think it looks cool, but it's totally inferior from a gameplay perspective.

I just don't think it had much of an impact one way or the other, excepting with automatics where it is (IMO) a step up. Maybe it's just 'cause I suck.

Smart Scope is just a more visually cluttered version of what Halo has always had. I think it looks cool, but it's totally inferior from a gameplay perspective.

Yep.
I had no problem with Smart Scope at all.

My biggest complain was the thruster pack. That thing was annoying.

It would be nice if there is going to be another Beta. So that we could try out all the changes they have made to the game.

Yep.
I had no problem with Smart Scope at all.

My biggest complain was the thruster pack. That thing was annoying.

It would be nice if there is going to be another Beta. So that we could try out all the changes they have made to the game.

Thruster Pack was handy as hell. Especially since it seemed like no one knew how to use it effectively.

But yes, another beta would be swell.

Top Bottom