• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

-Ryn

Banned
Congratulations on the job Grizz

And congratulations HaloGAF* for making page 343 once again

f3meXxd.jpg

*50PPP master race

MouldyK

I got nothing to say, but wanted to be on page 343...

...so who's excited for the 6 month anniversary of Master Chief Collection in a month?Think we'll get ODST by then?

daedalius

So they changed some stuff in the crucible on destiny. Ammo things.

Seems alright.

Storyline post MC in escalation seems pretty good, will probably get caught up soon. Dat phone reading comics, shoulda gotten the 6 plus.

So they changed some stuff in the crucible on destiny. Ammo things.

Seems alright.

Storyline post MC in escalation seems pretty good, will probably get caught up soon. Dat phone reading comics, shoulda gotten the 6 plus.

as in not spawning with special ammo things???

haven't touched destiny since the first add-on said I'd have to re-level my gear

IHaveIce

Banned
It'd be a six-minute segment with a "and best of all, MCC owners can download ODST today!"-type announcement. Not a lot of time they'd devote to it.
mhm Okay. But I want the other half of H2s maps for H2A then. Eventhough HCS will be over by then :(
Honestly, I just like Halo so yeah. I don't see how that's a problem though, better than being negative about everything.

YOu don't see how it is a problem to just shrug everything off and think it will be ok?
Do you know the comic strip with the dog sitting in the fire and saying "This is still fine"?

daedalius

as in not spawning with special ammo things???

haven't touched destiny since the first add-on said I'd have to re-level my gear

You spawn with very little special ammo, and there are significantly less special ammo crates around the map, and they spawn less frequently.

Everyone isn't running around with shotguns all the time now, you actually have to use your primary. That, and the primary balance seems much better now than before; autoguns don't rule them all.

I still like Halo better with friends, but Destiny is pretty fun to jump in solo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I just like Halo so yeah. I don't see how that's a problem though, better than being negative about everything.
but what if Halo becomes so unHalo that it's not Halo anymore

You know, kinda like Halo 4 at launch.

Edit : what tawp said

Madness

Plug your mic in when you play nerd.

This goes for everyone. I miss when people talked in games :(

The way the industry is going, I wouldn't be surprised if voice chat off by default is the next step. I hardly plug in my mic now anymore as well. No point, maybe 1 in 10 people willing to talk during the game.

jem0208

but what if Halo becomes so unHalo that it's not Halo anymore

You know, kinda like Halo 4 at launch.

Edit : what tawp said
Show Jem a CoD mod that has halo skins and sounds on it and he'd think it's alright

That's just not true though.

I'm happy with anything which plays like Halo and I maintain Halo 4 plays like Halo. Stuff like ordnance and loadouts are secondary to the how the movement and shooting feels and to me the shooting and movement in 4 felt great. And CoD's shooting/movement is completely different to Halo.

YOu don't see how it is a problem to just shrug everything off and think it will be ok?
Do you know the comic strip with the dog sitting in the fire and saying "This is still fine"?
Other than the clusterfuck that was the MCC's launch (and subsequent 4ish months of uselessness), I don't think there is that much to shrug off. I enjoyed 4, I'm very excited for 5 and the MCC is approaching a somewhat playable state.

Madness

I'm happy with anything which plays like Halo and I maintain Halo 4 plays like Halo. Stuff like ordnance and loadouts are secondary to the how the movement and shooting feels and to me the shooting and movement in 4 felt great.

It plays nothing like Halo. It's why Halo fans hated it en masse and they removed or turned off virtually everything they created for the game. What is the difference in movement between Halo 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and the difference in movement between Halo CE, 2,3 and Halo 4? The shooting even has flinch man. I get its opinions but damn.

Loadouts, perks, ordnance, flinch, instant respawn, sprint, make the game play nothing like Halo.

Kssio_Aug

It plays nothing like Halo. It's why Halo fans hated it en masse and they removed or turned off virtually everything they created for the game. What is the difference in movement between Halo 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and the difference in movement between Halo CE, 2,3 and Halo 4? The shooting even has flinch man. I get its opinions but damn.

Loadouts, perks, ordnance, flinch, instant respawn, sprint, make the game play nothing like Halo.

I really don't like BF or COD, and I enjoy every single Halo in MP. I understand that Halo 4 brings many aspects that the traditional Halo doesnt have, and that traditional Halo players usually do not welcome, but in my opinion Halo 4 does looks much more like Halo then it does reminds CoD or BF... actually, I still thinks that Halo 4 is just very different from CoD and BF (and not that much different from Halo 2 and 3).

It does plays like Halo... the precise hip-fire, the arena style, the enery shields, easy to use vehicles, its all still there.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I'm happy with anything which plays like Halo and I maintain Halo 4 plays like Halo. Stuff like ordnance and loadouts are secondary to the how the movement and shooting feels and to me the shooting and movement in 4 felt great. And CoD's shooting/movement is completely different to Halo.
I know this sounds biased and arrogant, but I feel like you don't have a bigger picture analysis of what makes Halo what it is. Yes, you could say its shooting and movement are the most fundamental, core elements, but there are soooooooo many other details that are crucial, too. Once you strip too many of those core elements away, the game starts to feel like something other than Halo. Equal starts and static and predictable power weapon spawns are two big ones to me. And then think of other factors like AR vs BR spawns: even something like that can drastically effect the flow of a match and shows how Halo is a lot more than moving and shooting.

No it doesnt.

Yes it does.

See? I can do it too.

He's right that at its core, Halo 4 is a pretty solid Halo game. Flinch and sprint (the way they implement sprint, at any rate) were definite missteps, but it's still much more a Halo game at its center than it is anything else.

It's all the other crap they really screwed up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it does.

See? I can do it too.

He's right that at its core, Halo 4 is a pretty solid Halo game. Flinch and sprint (the way they implement sprint, at any rate) were definite missteps, but it's still much more a Halo game at its center than it is anything else.

It's all the other crap they really screwed up.
That's a much more reasonable way to phrase it. Is that what Jem even meant tho?

Fracas

#fuckonami
This discussion reminds of my boy GUFU shadow's (r i p) dream game from all the time he's raged playing halo

No one has guns and no one can move or use abiltiies

GOAT

I really don't like BF or COD, and I enjoy every single Halo in MP. I understand that Halo 4 brings many aspects that the traditional Halo doesnt have, and that traditional Halo players usually do not welcome, but in my opinion Halo 4 does looks much more like Halo then it does reminds CoD or BF... actually, I still thinks that Halo 4 is just very different from CoD and BF (and not that much different from Halo 2 and 3).

It does plays like Halo... the precise hip-fire, the arena style, the enery shields, easy to use vehicles, its all still there.

It's okay man I agree with you but beyond Jem and a few others no one else is gonna agree that anything about H4 is Halo like. I love the base gameplay and the armor abilities. Yeah stuff like ordinance and random drops were wacky and had no place but theyre long gone and the Halo 4 in MCC is wonderful, but don't expect people around here to agree. It's all H2/3 forever and God forbid if you enjoy sprint.

jem0208

That's a much more reasonable way to phrase it. Is that what Jem even meant tho?

That's exactly what I meant. It feels like a Halo game (IMO). To me, all the other crap is secondary to that. Sure, I don't particularly like loadouts, and I really don't like the ordnance system. However I can just look past those issues and enjoy the game regardless. I still find it fun to duke it out in a BR battle or splatter someone on a mongoose.

Jem, are you British and under the age of 15?
I am British and over 15.

I don't think anyone here is negative about everything.
I'm not saying everyone is, but there are definitely a few, as Poodlestrike pointed out.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's exactly what I meant. It feels like a Halo game (IMO). To me, all the other crap is secondary to that. Sure, I don't particularly like loadouts, and I really don't like the ordnance system. However I can just look past those issues and enjoy the game regardless. I still find it fun to duke it out in a BR battle or splatter someone on a mongoose.
I remember a lot of us saying similar things when Halo 4 first came out. The core is really solid, but all the secondary stuff really ruins the experience. That secondary stuff shouldn't be excused just because it's secondary. As we've all seen, it has big impacts, resulting in a Halo game that only sorta kinda felt like a Halo game.

DJ Gunner

When the custodian of our beloved franchise has given us such triumphs as CEA minus multiplayer, Halo 4- which lost 90% of it's playing population in 30 days, and the most broken AAA release of ALL TIME, it's real hard not to be negative.

I get that some people just love the 343 koolaid and can't get enough of HalOD. The games are now being built just for you guys. Just don't be surprised when those of us who became fans of the games when they were something completely different get a little upset at it all.

Top Bottom