• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

isaiahpmarshall

Neo Member
You picked a good spot for your first post. Welcome to the club

Happy to be hear! My primary reason to use this account is for constructive criticism and praise for current and future Halo projects.
In regards to The Master Chief Collection, here's where I hope things change for the better (implying that the beta update fixes matchmaking and parties):

- Halo 2 Classic shot registration needs to be improved (give it the same treatment CE got)

- Voice chat sometimes works, sometimes seems to not work at all in-game.

- Rumble Pit needs to include all games, have a maximum of 8 players, and include objectives like Regicide, Juggernaut, and Gungoose.

- Halo 3 needs game type specific forge.

- Trait Zones in Halo 4's forge don't work.

- Odd Halo 3 multiplayer audio glitches, specifically with surround sound.

- Halo 3 maps updated, Halo 3 added to SWAT and Team Hardcore

- Rumble trigger support for Halo: CE and Halo 2.

- Spartan Ops allows for 4 play split-screen, however once the game launches it kicks back to the lobby after the screen goes black.

- (PLEASE) Scoring for Spartan Ops?

- Unlockables keep unlock description once unlocked.

- The Xbox One UI (specifically snap mode) seems to run HORRIBLY with Master Chief Collection open.

- In the future, perhaps reorganize the playlists? Halo Championship Series should just be within the Team Hardcore playlist. Use that extra playlist for something more popular like SWAT, Snipers, Objective, or Team Doubles. In addition, maybe the playlist "Team Halo 2: Anniversary" could be renamed to just "Halo 2: Anniversary" and moved in between the "Halo 2" and "Halo 3" playlists. Then move "Team Slayer" to the top of the menu.

isaiahpmarshall

Neo Member
Who the FUCK are you?

If you're not offended by the above question, then you'll fit in here.

Welcome.

You white cisgendered middle-class white male. White. STOP OPPRESSING ME.

As for my favorite Halo?
Couldn't pick between the first-half of Spartan Ops (Palmers character was just written SO WELL) and Halo: CE. While the game itself was trash, it still remains my favorite Halo solely because of the revolutionary level design that changed FPSs forever. That level, is, of course, The Library.

isaiahpmarshall

Neo Member
I'm joking. Halo 2 is the best.
CE is only slightly better than 4

On a more serious note, I actually agree with you. I'd even say CE and 4 are pretty level.
I think Halo 2 top them a bit, with Halo 3 being surprisingly the weakest of the series (if we're talking strictly campaign).

You white cisgendered middle-class white male. White. STOP OPPRESSING ME.

As for my favorite Halo?
Couldn't pick between the first-half of Spartan Ops (Palmers character was just written SO WELL) and Halo: CE. While the game itself was trash, it still remains my favorite Halo solely because of the revolutionary level design that changed FPSs forever. That level, is, of course, The Library.

alright hgs very funny

we signed a treaty for no spies, dammit!

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think feedback, pretty much in all forms, whether it's here, Waypoint, or Reddit...or some other glorious Halo-related site, goes in one ear and out the other.

Anyone can be paid to go on a forum from a dev and say "hey guys, thanks for the feedback, while we may not post to all feedback, we are reading it, so keep it coming."

So easy to play the psychological games on people.

Happens on Twitter all the time. Case in point, why Josh Holmes only re-tweets positive things, and rarely, if any at all, replies to people's actual valid criticism/feedback of the game.

I used to write novel posts for betas and I just stopped doing it (though I guess I'm a hypocrite since I did it for Halo 5, though that's considered small based on my history of providing feedback).

isaiahpmarshall

Neo Member
I think feedback, pretty much in all forms, whether it's here, Waypoint, or Reddit...or some other glorious Halo-related site, goes in one ear and out the other.

Anyone can be paid to go on a forum from a dev and say "hey guys, thanks for the feedback, while we may not post to all feedback, we are reading it, so keep it coming."

So easy to play the psychological games on people.

Happens on Twitter all the time. Case in point, why Josh Holmes only re-tweets positive things, and rarely, if any at all, replies to people's actual valid criticism/feedback of the game.

I used to write novel posts for betas and I just stopped doing it (though I guess I'm a hypocrite since I did it for Halo 5, though that's considered small based on my history of providing feedback).

That's why I post about an issue I'm having or a Beta changelog only once. I put it out there in a nice, organized fashion. Then I wait for the developer to see it. I don't personally butcher them with the same issues over and over, because if they're not listening, it isn't going to change anything. If they are, they'll see my post. If they don't, whatever, I'm sure someone else posted about it.

Mdot

- Rumble trigger support for Halo: CE and Halo 2.

- Unlockables keep unlock description once unlocked.

- The Xbox One UI (specifically snap mode) seems to run HORRIBLY with Master Chief Collection open.

Rumble trigger would be cool, as long as it's toggleable (is that a word?)

YES to the unlockables. I find it ridiculous that the description is gone once opened.

And agreed about the speed of the UI. It takes me forever to open the Friends app, start a party and invite people. It's absurd.

isaiahpmarshall

Neo Member
Rumble trigger would be cool, as long as it's toggleable (is that a word?)

YES to the unlockables. I find it ridiculous that the description is gone once opened.

And agreed about the speed of the UI. It takes me forever to open the Friends app, start a party and invite people. It's absurd.

If implemented properly, it should have the option to disable it, much like you can in H2A, Halo 3, and Halo 4.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
That's why I post about an issue I'm having or a Beta changelog only once. I put it out there in a nice, organized fashion. Then I wait for the developer to see it. I don't personally butcher them with the same issues over and over, because if they're not listening, it isn't going to change anything. If they are, they'll see my post. If they don't, whatever, I'm sure someone else posted about it.

I've done that plenty of times...no amount of feedback ever changes the design plan.

To me, they will take a casual's feedback first, for example:

If a weapon is being said by casual fans that it's overpowered or making it too difficult to kill, yet skilled players have zero issue with the weapon and actually find it perfectly fine...chances are that weapon gets nerfed. Not for design's sake, but because somehow they think it will potentially effect sales of the game, can't allow casuals to have a difficult time in the game.

Meanwhile, us veteran players who are above average at "XYZ" game get punished...for what reason? Because we're not casual.

isaiahpmarshall

Neo Member
I've done that plenty of times...no amount of feedback ever changes the design plan.

To me, they will take a casual's feedback first, for example:

If a weapon is being said by casual fans that it's overpowered or making it too difficult to kill, yet skilled players have zero issue with the weapon and actually find it perfectly fine...chances are that weapon gets nerfed. Not for design's sake, but because somehow they think it will potentially effect sales of the game, can't allow casuals to have a difficult time in the game.

Meanwhile, us veteran players who are above average at "XYZ" game get punished...for what reason? Because we're not casual.

I don't think that's the case. I think that really depends on the scenario and the developer. In terms of weapon balancing, the rebalancing 343i did to Halo 4 was perfect.

Welcome to HaloGAF

We're way better than those Waypoint kids, we swear

Ehhh, depends on the day. Still a ton of AR/BR discussions and people bitching about sprint. And sadly they're wrong too, sprint is amazing. But I'm one of those bad Reach kids.

Munch wtf..
Installation 04.
KcnEznncq.png

Glass

OH YASS

The new book focuses on Buck and his ODSTs
becoming Spartans!
This is going to be so good, I need it now.

Does it have a release date? If it's close enough to Guardians, it could tie into the games scampaign..
Oh god, what if the team of spartans Locke takes with him to track down Chief is Buck and the ODST squad?
Squeee.

Ramirez

Yes, seriously. Patch notes for largely ineffective patches and sticking to the same "none of these issues existed before launch" nonsense don't count as transparent and effective communication. I mean come on, Dan Ayoub still hasn't come out of hiding.

For all we know he was let go or demoted. What good would him tweeting do? Frankie already said they were receiving death threats. Too many man babies in the world.

tootsi666

Ehhh, depends on the day. Still a ton of AR/BR discussions and people bitching about sprint. And sadly they're wrong too, sprint is amazing. But I'm one of those bad Reach kids.
Could someone find one of those long posts about "why sprint sucks"? We need to show him the light.

Hi Juniors,

First day pass, but remember if every other post in the thread is yours, that's not endearing and you'll end up on a lot of ignore lists.

Quality > Quantity

Chitown B

Yes, seriously. Patch notes for largely ineffective patches and sticking to the same "none of these issues existed before launch" nonsense don't count as transparent and effective communication. I mean come on, Dan Ayoub still hasn't come out of hiding.

No company puts out technical explanations for fixes. It's a summary and general.

Getting a quick lunch/fuel in Fort Stockton before heading the rest of the way to San Antonio. Invitation to hang out for anyone else in town is still open. So far, only Mix has PM'd. Surely more of you fools are going to a new PAX?

On another note, today's driving weather is balls. I've been in nonstop snowstorms the last 5 hours. El Paso was like 30mph on the freeway 'cause you couldn't see shit. Oh well, PM me your # if you want to get together tonight/this weekend.

Mdot

The only way into the Xbox Live Preview at this point is through invite, correct? Anybody want to shoot me off one if they have it? (GT: Mdot twenty3)

I hope this fixes the lag I'm still experiencing in H2A. Its present in every match and has been since launch. Seems isolated to my system as well, as I've had plenty of games where nobody else has an issue. Games across other maps run (usually) flawlessly.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Bnet wasn't that bad... was it?

Bnet was pretty bad. I think at first in the early Halo 2 days, it was semi-okay, but once the whole BR start thing became popular...that's where the divide began.

SMG starts vs BR starts...that was basically Bnet.

jem0208

It's the best Halo on the MCC.

- CE has fucked auto aim.
- 2 has fucked hit detection.
- 3 has fucked BR
- H2A has 6 maps and Warlord BRs.

I'm only slightly serious. It is the only Halo I'm consistently playing on the MCC though.

Bnet was pretty bad. I think at first in the early Halo 2 days, it was semi-okay, but once the whole BR start thing became popular...that's where the divide began.

Except the Flood, that was pretty good.

Edit: I found a game within 10 seconds, it started, no one quit, no lag. Something's wrong.

-Ryn

Banned
Getting a quick lunch/fuel in Fort Stockton before heading the rest of the way to San Antonio. Invitation to hang out for anyone else in town is still open. So far, only Mix has PM'd. Surely more of you fools are going to a new PAX?

On another note, today's driving weather is balls. I've been in nonstop snowstorms the last 5 hours. El Paso was like 30mph on the freeway 'cause you couldn't see shit. Oh well, PM me your # if you want to get together tonight/this weekend.
Sadly I can't make it as I'm more broke than the MCC
I feel like my grammar is off...

Stay warm dude! Hope you have fun.

I do recall there being a lot of threads regarding that... never touched them except for like, once.

The web UI was great at least

Edit: I found a game within 10 seconds, it started, no one quit, no lag. Something's wrong.
the-end-is-nigh-o.gif

-Ryn

Banned
Where is that new member survey I wanna fill it out.
Copy and paste this into a NeoGAF reply window, then delete everything that isn’t bolded:

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
Examples of things to include:
– Any HaloGaffers you know in real life.
– Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
– Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
– Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)

Keep in mind – the shorter your post, the more likely HaloGaffers will read it.

Edit*

Fuch'd

SaganIsGOAT

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

Pretty new to the whole NeoGAF scene. Lurked after learning that there were some good people in this community.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

23 posting from the West Coast

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

Playing Halo since 4th grade. Played all the games.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

I play all modes pretty evenly.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Probably team doubles in Halo 3.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I do recall there being a lot of threads regarding that... never touched them except for like, once.

The web UI was great at least

One thing I miss the most from Bnet were the original leaderboards for all the playlists. It was so much fun in Halo 2 when it first came out to go see where I ranked amongst everyone in Rumble Slayer. Then the clan match leaderboards, those were fun too. Seeing that all the top pros (before they were actually technically H2 pros) were at actually at the top of the leaderboards, with their win/loss records and match history, etc.

Then boosters had to ruin it.

EDIT: Please report back Jem, if you're finding more games smoothly. I may actually look forward to getting off work today and playing MCC. Otherwise I'm getting on World of Warcraft...it works.

Top Bottom