• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
RIP in Peace Fahz and Wesley

Glad we agree!

Ordnance is always bad tho, sorry.

Top of page!

wake-me-up-halo.gif
See Chambers!?

Somebody cares! SOMEBODY ELSE CARES!

Eh, the hornet was better.

Then again H4 didn't even have that.
Says the conductor of the bad opinion train
<3

The only way you could get kills with it was hiding around a corner and catching someone off guard. Running around with it was just asking to get killed, especially since you can barely turn when sprinting so you're dead the moment someone thrusts to the side.

In some of the lower rungs where teams weren't totally coordinated (aka Plaster III and Tinfoil I), I found that a pretty effective system was to grab Sword and just keep circling the perimeter of the map, Thrusting where necessary. Combined with Sprint you can cover the map extremely quickly and it allows you to blindside freshly-spawned players, and you can likewise keep an eye on the DMRs and BRs and whatnot along the edges of the map. It definitely helps having someone providing covering fire, but I'm sure it would get you torched on higher skill levels.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
We're pretty much all assholes here. You have to be to stick around here.

Hell, I'm probably one of the biggest offenders, Over remains at the top though.

I seriously give Frankie and all kudos for coming back (coincidentally when Bobs isn't around)

But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I assumed you were all just one person with like 20 accounts. Or that if we could put a stake through KyleJ's heart, you'd all turn back into slurpers.

Tawpgun

Remember when #TeamDownerWasRight

At least about halo 4 anyway. Plenty of the old downers like halo 5 except for maybe juices because he got placed in silver.

Proven deadly and others are bigger downwards than the old team downer ever was

Remember when #TeamDownerWasRight

At least about halo 4 anyway. Plenty of the old downers like halo 5 except for maybe juices because he got placed in silver.

Proven deadly and others are bigger downwards than the old team downer ever was
Juices straight bad at videogames. RIP

He was suppose to be chosen one.

Juices has failed us.

"game stinks, classic halo should come back imo, ranking system is broken. hire juices"

*negbombs in CE on MCC*

"game kept crashing, ranks don't exist yet, had to go to xbc to play real games. hire juices"

*negbombs in CE on XBC*

"didn't have host, needs dedis imo, hit detection is broken, fourteen-year-old game. hire juices"

Haruko

What was the last "good Halo MP", I'm curious

Please don't say H3.

mQGAB0e.png

EDIT: HMCC figures are out of date.
Currently sitting at:
378 Games Played
3909 Kills
3680 Deaths

Probably Halo 3 for me, though I find I enjoyed it a lot less than 2. If H2 ran better when emulated on the 360, I would have probably stuck with it more.

I'm very hopeful for 5 after enjoying the beta.

CliQ

So today I watched this and realized that i'm pretty good at ground pounds. I know Josh had said they made a few changes to how fluid it is. As long as I can 180 ground pound I will be happy.

The video also reminded me just how much I enjoyed the beta overall. I know people here want lower sprint speed or whatever but honestly I had a blast playing over the holiday. Just my two cents for today.

Oh! When Halo 5 launches i'm going to try my take on one of these HaloGAF videos. Do we have a logo or better yet an animated logo?

Cheers

Edit - After looking at the videos again you can tell how much I relied on motion tracker to land most of those. I'm still in favor of no motion tracker. Just wanted to point that out.

Mistel

Banned
With all the other weapons coming to H5, i wonder how the balancing is going....
Something is going to probably end up OP most probably like the hydra or one of the legendary weapons. Assuming they can balance all the normal weapons right off the bat, which I'm not sure that has been managed post CE.

link1201

Wow, I really miss the Halo 5 beta. I would still be playing it if they would have kept the lights on. I am anxious for E3 but I fear it will only make the wait for Halo 5 that much worse. :/

Something is going to probably end up OP most probably like the hydra or one of the legendary weapons. Assuming they can balance all the normal weapons right off the bat, which I'm not sure that has been managed post CE.

Im really interested to see that "large mp" they teasing for so long. Balance there is going to be problem probably.

I assumed you were all just one person with like 20 accounts. Or that if we could put a stake through KyleJ's heart, you'd all turn back into slurpers.

Nah, I've spoken to Elzar, he's real enough. May God have mercy on us all.

I was #teamonyx in the beta. No idea how I managed, there probably was a lot of backpacking involved.

Mistel

Banned
Im really interested to see that "large mp" they teasing for so long. Balance there is going to be problem probably.
It in all likelihood there will be a balance problem at some level depending on both how the map itself is designed and what's placed on that map vehicle wise and weapon wise. All it takes pretty much is a gauss hog / scorpion / banshee before it can become quickly unbalanced, that's even ignoring weapon selection.

There's the assumption that players are randoms against people with an idea what they're doing though with the above, those matches tend to be the most unbalanced generally.

I cannot imagine anything perfectly balanced right at launch. Especially in today's world of patches and TU/CU. It'll take a few tweaks I'm sure, but I doubt anything will be totally borked.
I have been wrong before...

What do you guys think the Halo 5 multiplayer map count is looking like? Considering the beta had 2 forge maps included, I'm hoping it's considerably higher than the last couple games. I'm hoping for at least 10 non-BTB maps personally. The last couple Halos have been so underwhelming in this regard; I feel like there were 3 standard slayer maps I enjoyed Halo 4, roughly the same in Reach.

I'd rather them release a bunch without the quality control 343 may have, as I've seen plenty of fan maps that are perfectly viable for competitive play. Sometimes quantity and variety do trump quality, in my opinion.

VinFTW

I mean, if you like BF infantry combat, yes. Don't buy it if you like Conquest.

Big fan of Conquest, but I might be a bigger fan of Rush/other gametypes. I loved the base gameplay of BF4. Sounds like I'd like Hardline, I guess.

Also, best wishes for whatever reason you have to make that your avatar. Thanks for the reply.

What do you guys think the Halo 5 multiplayer map count is looking like? Considering the beta had 2 forge maps included, I'm hoping it's considerably higher than the last couple games. I'm hoping for at least 10 non-BTB maps personally. The last couple Halos have been so underwhelming in this regard; I feel like there were 3 standard slayer maps I enjoyed Halo 4, roughly the same in Reach.

I'd rather them release a bunch without the quality control 343 may have, as I've seen plenty of fan maps that are perfectly viable for competitive play. Sometimes quantity and variety do trump quality, in my opinion.

We were actually discussing this in the last OT. Halo games traditionally ship with ~10 maps; I could see them getting that high this time around, but then you have the map variants (your Eden, your Regret, etc.), and then there's the forge maps... I could see there being a count as high as 18 this time around, counting the last two categories, with ~8-12 unique non-forge maps.

Welfare

I know it's pretty early to talk about DLC, but I wonder if DLC maps will get remixes, bumping up how many maps we would normally get.

Or shit, if they HAVE to make us pay for maps, have a free version of the map pack with standard maps, and people that pay get remixes of those maps. Would add more value to the season pass/map packs.

We were actually discussing this in the last OT. Halo games traditionally ship with ~10 maps; I could see them getting that high this time around, but then you have the map variants (your Eden, your Regret, etc.), and then there's the forge maps... I could see there being a count as high as 18 this time around, counting the last two categories, with ~8-12 unique non-forge maps.

Thanks for the reply. I hope you're right, that would be fantastic. I actually like the idea of the variant maps. Clearly there are some obvious favorites, but variety is always welcome, especially when some of those changes affect vantage points and game flow. Playing beer pong in college comes to mind; when there are different rules and table sizes all over the place, consistency wins.

Ramirez

Big fan of Conquest, but I might be a bigger fan of Rush/other gametypes. I loved the base gameplay of BF4. Sounds like I'd like Hardline, I guess.

Also, best wishes for whatever reason you have to make that your avatar. Thanks for the reply.

If you like Rush, I think you would enjoy Heist. Rush is my favorite, and I love Heist.

And thanks, my son has it, and May is CF awareness month.

Frankie actually shared this video 2 years ago for me in an update, what a guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHHOJJYA0U

cff.org if you'd like to learn or donate to the cause.

Derail over, thank you. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom