• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

Reach nbns.

Alright I can get behind that. nbns was pretty awesome.

I was pretty down on H4 MP until the turbo update. After that I ended up playing a lot more. Same with Reach before the TU, 100% bloom was horrendous.

H3 would be the only correct answer.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

Mmm dat horrible aim acceleration coupled with non-hitscan, spread BR, molasses speed, cardboard tube FOV.

Banderas.gif

Ground pound?

#justsilverthings

One thing I noticed from the beta (or at least, from people's impressions of the beta) was that the game seemed to play entirely differently at Silver than at Onyx+. Like, people were posting videos of them picking up overkills with Prophet's Bane just by running around at Onyx, and at Silver I don't think I ever saw anybody make more than 2 in a row without getting gunned down. Ditto the complaints about escaping, which happened extremely rarely at low difficulties but apparently never stopped at higher ones.

Weird stuff.

Overdoziz

Banned
One thing I noticed from the beta (or at least, from people's impressions of the beta) was that the game seemed to play entirely differently at Silver than at Onyx+. Like, people were posting videos of them picking up overkills with Prophet's Bane just by running around at Onyx, and at Silver I don't think I ever saw anybody make more than 2 in a row without getting gunned down. Ditto the complaints about escaping, which happened extremely rarely at low difficulties but apparently never stopped at higher ones.

Weird stuff.
Sword was useless at semipro/pro rank. On Midship anyway.

Ramirez

Weird stuff.

Umm...w0t

Ground pound?

#justsilverthings

Lol well I was like Iron or something so whatever. Have never been that great at Halo mp but I still loved it. The only modes I have ever had any interest in are BTB Objective (invasion incl) and Doubles. Everything else is just frustrating to me because I'm bad, especially Rumble Pit.

Overdoziz

Banned
Then I have no idea what was happening at Gold and Onyx, since from what I understand it was taking names there.
The only way you could get kills with it was hiding around a corner and catching someone off guard. Running around with it was just asking to get killed, especially since you can barely turn when sprinting so you're dead the moment someone thrusts to the side.

We're pretty much all assholes here. You have to be to stick around here.

Hell, I'm probably one of the biggest offenders, Over remains at the top though.

I seriously give Frankie and all kudos for coming back (coincidentally when Bobs isn't around)

But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Madness

You should really reserve all those fucks for something more important

Only really cared about Halo now. If it goes, so goes my gaming hobby in a sense.

The only way you could get kills with it was hiding around a corner and catching someone off guard. Running around with it was just asking to get killed, especially since you can barely turn when sprinting so you're dead the moment someone thrusts to the side.

Come down to the garbage tiers. Prophets Bane was my most used weapon I think. Would literally just sprint around map all match with it, on that Empire remix map, I think I got my first perfection with the sword, running riot etc. Just sad how bad the players were in the junk tiers and barely any way to really climb out if you got placed there.

Overdoziz

Banned
Come down to the garbage tiers. Prophets Bane was my most used weapon I think. Would literally just sprint around map all match with it, on that Empire remix map, I think I got my first perfection with the sword, running riot etc. Just sad how bad the players were in the junk tiers and barely any way to really climb out if you got placed there.
Trying to rank up at all was pretty miserable toward the end of the beta. I constantly got matched up with bronze and silver ranks for some reason. Win 10 matches and you go up maybe 15 points, lose one and you go down 30.

TheOddOne

We're pretty much all assholes here. You have to be to stick around here.

Hell, I'm probably one of the biggest offenders, Over remains at the top though.

I seriously give Frankie and all kudos for coming back (coincidentally when Bobs isn't around)

But, I wouldn't have it any other way.
How much is EA paying you to play Hardline.

Sword was dumb in Halo 5 beta.

daedalius

The what? There's no sword on midship. You must be referring to The Prophets Bane.

And h3 was the last really good halo. Daed is silly and can't aim in h3 so he thinks it's bad.

Yea probably.

Its definitely not my favorite, but I'll play it. Hey, I just finished the campaign on legendary yesterday!

I'd rather play just about any other MP though.

Zoolader

Guys will Halo Waypoint ever have a sweet file sharing system on the website like Bungie once had?? Are Microsoft just not interested because of the cost associated with hosting user created content?

The ranking system up definitely needed some tweaking. I started out in Iron(lol), eventually got to gold. It was a pain though. However, I was soloing so that was probably the reason why.

Sword was useless at semipro/pro rank. On Midship anyway.
It needs a "hold melee button" to Sword Shield enemy bullets, draining its energy in the process. It'd make it more useful and balance it by having a quick drain. Imagine it like a Hardlight Shield that drains as fast as a Plasma Pistol charge, maybe even faster when absorbing bullets.

That scene from Halo Legends of The Arbiter blocking MC's AR bullets with his Sword, for example.

The ranking system up definitely needed some tweaking. I started out in Iron(lol), eventually got to gold. It was a pain though. However, I was soloing so that was probably the reason why.

Yeah, it could have stood to be a little more finely tuned. It worked pretty well for me, though, so I'm disinclined to say that it was entirely wrong.

Also, having each sub rank get its own symbol would be a good step; gold 1, 2, 3, etc.

Ground pound?

#justsilverthings

I was Onyx and used ground pound. Xbox auto-deleted the clip, but it's actually useful if you combine it with the grav lifts on Truth. If you're being chased, you can go up the lift and charge your ground pound at the top of its arch. Then, when they fly up, you smash them back down. They never see it coming. Helps a lot when dealing with an energy sword.

Wonder how it'd play out if you could throw the sword at a target.
What they do need is a weapon like the Razor Wind from Turok 2 or the Hawk from PDZ: weapons that return after you throw them.

Would make for some interesting scenarios if you throw it, then switch weapons allowing you to shoot as it flies through the air and returns.

Silver was an odd bracket. Definitely the halfway home for players. I'd have games where the other team was trash, games that were crazy close, and games I refused to believe were silver ranked.

BlackJet

H3 would be the only correct answer.

My man.

Guys will Halo Waypoint ever have a sweet file sharing system on the website like Bungie once had?? Are Microsoft just not interested because of the cost associated with hosting user created content?

Please for the love of all that is Halo, there needs to be a file sharing system like Bungie favorites. Reach's system was nice, but too often it was filled with nothing but crap. I've been screwed out of most downloaded screenshot in Reach by someone promising a gold dmr for downloading.

The what? There's no sword on midship. You must be referring to The Prophets Bane.

And h3 was the last really good halo. Daed is silly and can't aim in h3 so he thinks it's bad.

I can't shoot in h3 man ,br is so baadddd ı can't aim with it, its a bad game, they own me every time , h4 dmr and ordinance drops rulez..

Damn, thanks for the correction. Never knew that.
I was Onyx and used ground pound. Xbox auto-deleted the clip, but it's actually useful if you combine it with the grav lifts on Truth. If you're being chased, you can go up the lift and charge your ground pound at the top of its arch. Then, when they fly up, you smash them back down. They never see it coming. Helps a lot when dealing with an energy sword.
Movement is an extremely important aspect of Halo that's been neglected for a long time (broken AA's excluded) and it's just as vital to the sandbox as weapons, grenades, melee. Interesting how fun gameplay is when you have exciting movement options and aren't sludging through molasses like Halo 3 while shooting nerfguns.

AlStrong

Would make for some interesting scenarios if you throw it, then switch weapons allowing you to shoot as it flies through the air and returns.

Much badass. So pro.

And what if someone else could sticky 'nade the thing too. :O

Prophet's Boomerang 2015

...which could also kill you if you don't press the button at the right time when it's coming back.

xxxxxx suicide by Prophet's Backfire. :D

It's an interesting idea, especially if a miss means it gets stuck in a wall or something.

Now wouldn't that be something... getting it stuck in a vehicle. Mash button to retrieve. XD

King of England Medal

daedalius

I can't shoot in h3 man ,br is so baadddd ı can't aim with it, its a bad game, they own me every time , h4 dmr and ordinance drops rulez..

Glad we agree!

Ordnance is always bad tho, sorry.

Top of page!

wake-me-up-halo.gif

jem0208

I was going back and forth between Gold and Onxy then I had to quit a few games and got knocked down low into Gold. Didn't really bother trying too hard after that, the rank grind in the beta was real.

It was only a visual bug. You didn't really lose that much points.

bs

I was only a 1 game from going gold and when that happened it reset me back to silver 1

Trying to get back up was a pain because I was always paired up against golds and onyxs

edit

If it wasn't how it worked then it seems unfair to derank me that much :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom