• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

There was rage here too.

Some of the posts made it seem like the world was literally ending.

I was pissed. I still am. It wasn't just here, it became big news. The one thing the overwhelming majority of Halo fans didn't want. The leaked gif not only showed ADS but sprint returning too lol. Even Bonnie went on her twitter and commented.

I will say you said from the start, maybe it's not true ADS.

jem0208

I was pissed. I still am. It wasn't just here, it became big news. The one thing the overwhelming majority of Halo fans didn't want. The leaked gif not only showed ADS but sprint returning too lol. Even Bonnie went on her twitter and commented.

I will say you said from the start, maybe it's not true ADS.
Haha, at first I was just as pissed as you lot actually. I even wrote an "I'm done with Halo post" somewhere on Gaf.

Then I watched those incredibly grainy and terrible quality gifs about 15 times frame by frame and decided everything looked okay.

I remember lurking and seeing everyone flipped their shit when Vin showed that link with Smart Scope and sprinting in Halo 5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911177&page=303

God, what a trip that was.

u1rQcxb.png

He's taking my concerns about Thread Implosion to heart. My opinions have weight.
Your opinion matters, friend.

And anyone who supports my beliefs in a Halotopia where we spawn with great Magnums, don't have to worry about our movement and creativity being gimped with motion tracker, and just generally understands what luv is.
#CGB
It's good. Keep it.

splatoon baby.
It's so fun, can't wait for parties to stay on the same team. The matches at 3 minutes long feel like the perfect legth as well. I like multiplayer games where a single match isn't an endurance test of patience (ie: BTB Halo to 100 kills, CTF 5 caps, OB/KotH 250, etc.).

VinFTW

I remember lurking and seeing everyone flipped their shit when Vin showed that link with Smart Scope and sprinting in Halo 5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911177&page=303

God, what a trip that was.

I lost it that day.

Never again will I get that upset over Halo. I'll just move on at this point lol

I have a feeling it'll be all for nothing though. Halo 5 beta was good, changes look promising, a lot can still go wrong, but I'll be optimistic for once. I remain excited but it's my last chance. Far too many good games to play these days.

Man, I hate ADS but I'll reserve judgment until we see more gameplay.

When's Project Livechamber? Are they hiring?
If:
  • There's a CE Pistol (meaning fast kill times, skill-based gameplay).
  • It doesn't gimp movement, instantly transitions and serves as a replacement for zoom.
  • No flinch and getting shot puts you back in hip fire.
It may not be as bad as we think. Yeah I know, I should be flinging turds around because of Halo's history with competitive gameplay, but what good would that do right now? Everyone's got me covered.

I'm tired of being upset, I just want some good Halo experiences. It's clear
Combat Evolved 2
is being used as their ace in the hole.
Reserved judgment, and I liked its implementation as I suspected I might. As I always argued against the swath of ignoramuses and like-minded cretins, ADS does not inherently mean slowing down movement and a huge decrease in accuracy for hip fire. Just because most games do that does not mean it only makes sense to do that.

Think outside the box, we are human beans. Use that fookin noggin. And when the fuck is Project Livechamber.
Halo fans are the worst.

Madness

But we're going from a clear/semi-clear field of view and screen, to half the screen being obstructed by scopes or iron sights, all because some gamers who probably won't even stick around for this version of Halo, complain that it's the reason they don't play Halo.

I'm inherently against smart scope/ADS because it's inferior to what we had before. Just because game play is only semi-impacted somewhat, especially in case of automatics doesn't change that. I'll be playing day one, but I'll never like ADS.

Edit: at least now the folks at 343 can be happy the EGM and Metro.uk reviewers won't call the game play dated or old-fashioned.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
in 100 years, archaeologists of the internet will find our threads and laugh. Then will be confused that OT20 ended with a message from the future, only to find the mistake in OT24

Shortly followed by, "Wait. Where's OT22?"

Man, I really need for all of the Halo novels to be reprinted as hardcovers that all follow the same fucking height, so that my book shelf looks coherent.

Now I see they aren't doing hardcovers for their latest comics, either? I'm going to have an OCD induced panic attack.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Man, I really need for all of the Halo novels to be reprinted as hardcovers that all follow the same fucking height, so that my book shelf looks coherent.

Now I see they aren't doing hardcovers for their latest comics, either? I'm going to have an OCD induced panic attack.

Make custom sleeves of the same height with your own binding design.

That reminds me, I'm donating all my Halo hard cover books and memrobilia to a charity or a hospital.

Though I'm unsure as to their suitability if I decide to pop them down to a ward. As teens tend to be mixed in with adults, and these aren't suitable for children.

That GI cover is definitely The Last Guardian: Reach.

Reserved judgment, and I liked its implementation as I suspected I might. As I always argued against the swath of ignoramuses and like-minded cretins, ADS does not inherently mean slowing down movement and a huge decrease in accuracy for hip fire. Just because most games do that does not mean it only makes sense to do that.

Think outside the box, we are human beans. Use that fookin noggin. And when the fuck is Project Livechamber.

#soon

on a scale of sleeps to valve time, probably Q3 2016

That reminds me, I'm donating all my Halo hard cover books and memrobilia to a charity or a hospital.

Though I'm unsure as to their suitability if I decide to pop them down to a ward. As teens tend to be mixed in with adults, and these aren't suitable for children.

Yeah, I don't think hospital is the way to go. See if maybe Child's Play has any suggestions.

FyreWulff

Just mark them as for teens/adults, hospitals like stuff for adult patients too.

what new fixes? been out of the loop for a while,sorry if i missed something.

These are a few, though Josh has posted other changes on twitter as well:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ped-shape-the-multiplayer-of-halo-5-guardians

There's gotta be something going on if they're allowing that. The only game on the Store available before it's gone gold and is up to preload is Black Ops 3 and that was to allow beta participation for preorders.

Yeah, this is well outside the norm. Has to be some reason for it. Beta access makes sense, but I kind of doubt it.

How would anyone tell? You lot haven't uploaded anything for more than a month.

Life stuff happens.

Also I'm like the only one that knows how to work half of our pipelines and I now work 40 hours a week.

We're planning on getting some new stuff out soon(tm), including an anniversary / E3 podcast and some more writeups such as a fully fleshed-out what-if sort of thing for Halo 2 and a satirical piece / totally real interview on Bungie's Halo development and subsequent transition to Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom