• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

Some interesting notes about campaign:

- Your teammates can revive you, even in single player.
- You can command them to do a bunch of things such as target specific enemies, pick up specific weapons, use a turret etc.
- There will be multiple ways to complete a mission. In the example you could kill everyone, enable some turrets to help you out, go find a generator and destroy it etc.
- There will be multiple side routes so it won't be completely linear, as in you can sneak through a vent Deus Ex style and go a different route.

Sounds very exciting.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Conference call complete, think I will check Twitter and Ne....OMG look at this...........

WOW. The Hype is building for this one. That Buck Head. Blue team. Oh yes.

- You can command them to do a bunch of things such as target specific enemies, pick up specific weapons, use a turret etc.
- There will be multiple ways to complete a mission. In the example you could kill everyone, enable some turrets to help you out, go find a generator and destroy it etc.
- There will be multiple side routes so it won't be completely linear, as in you can sneak through a vent Deus Ex style and go a different route.

Sounds very exciting.

This is something I've been wanting for a long time. Free maps, 4-playwr co-op; GG 343i, you're on the right track for once

Cool tidbits:

- mentions "over 20 maps at launch"

- specifically notes "more than 15 maps [by June 2016]"

Doesn't explicitly confirm maps released after June 2016 are free, but you're looking at 35+ free maps for a standalone title, which is pretty nuts. Even if you're pessimistic about it and "don't include" remixes, assuming 35 accounts for non-Forge maps, that's still 17-18 unique maps.

jem0208

Re-post for new page:

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
With the maps being free we will be paying for what? My thoughts:

Spartan Ops/Whatever the call the continued story.
Firefight
Halo Reach for MCC

AlStrong

Re-post for new page:

Sounds nice. Thanks for sharing.

Huh, weird. Wonder how that's gonna work.

Xcc2XaQ.jpg

jem0208

More Cortana visions like in Halo 3. Frankie makes it sound likes she's perma-dead but it's Frankie.

Maybe MB leading Chief around.

Spoilers from the article:

The "ghost" Cortana mentions something about the Domain being open. Perhaps she's trapped in there?

Cortana visions in Halo 3 were terrible; I hope it isn't too intrusive. Otherwise I don't mind...

She's only mentioned as showing up in a cutscene at the end of GameInformer's "demo," where Chief presumably wakes up after having blacked out. She wasn't described as appearing mid-gameplay.

Spoilers from the article:

The "ghost" Cortana mentions something about the Domain being open. Perhaps she's trapped in there?

Part of her is, for sure, as she was nearly assimilated by the Gravemind. She split herself off while captured, to evade the brunt of his attacks. There's shards of her in many places.

Random17

She's only mentioned as showing up in a cutscene at the end of GameInformer's "demo," where Chief presumably wakes up after having blacked out. She wasn't described as appearing mid-gameplay.
Ah... that's better.
I liked the Halo 4 Chief Cortana relationship but I hope they pull a Winter Soldier and show good onscreen chemistry without being romantically invested...

No split screen coop in the campaign. Although apparently you don't need gold for campaign over live.

Stop spreading this misinformation...

It said campaign online doesn't support split screen. Meaning only one per console if you're doing campaign over live. Didn't say anything about local.

Edit: Nevermind, misread that line in the article.

TheXbox

Stop spreading this misinformation...

It said campaign online doesn't support split screen. Meaning only one per console if you're doing campaign over live. Didn't say anything about local.
"The only bummer is that split-screen co-op is not supported in Halo 5." Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom