• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

Campaign arenas must be really varied and open if one player spawns with a Sniper.

From the description of some of the first encounters in GI, there are lots of approaches; one of them obviously would be pick dudes off with a snipe.

Seems pretty cool.

Lots of different ways to do fights is nice.

I hope you can choose your spartan when playing solo. Chief will probably suck balls compared to spawning with a sniper

Doubt it, but I'll bet Linda will loan you her sniper, heh.

jem0208

I wonder if, with the dlc being free, we'll get maps individually. Is there any point releasing them in packs?

It'd be nice to get a constant drip feed of new content.

-Ryn

Banned
Woah what happened?
HaloGAF

267-cover-reveal-spread.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Nathan Fillion tho

gubzvGr.jpg

18639456322_845245c20f_b.jpg

gubzvGr.jpg

Lordhoodhalo.JPG

Yup, we've come a long way.
BTW, 20 maps at launch, and 15 more by next june.

And here's the kicker.

All Map DLC will be FREE.
Some interesting notes about campaign:

- Your teammates can revive you, even in single player.
- You can command them to do a bunch of things such as target specific enemies, pick up specific weapons, use a turret etc.
- There will be multiple ways to complete a mission. In the example you could kill everyone, enable some turrets to help you out, go find a generator and destroy it etc.
- There will be multiple side routes so it won't be completely linear, as in you can sneak through a vent Deus Ex style and go a different route.

Sounds very exciting.
Cool tidbits:

- mentions "over 20 maps at launch"

- specifically notes "more than 15 maps [by June 2016]"

Doesn't explicitly confirm maps released after June 2016 are free, but you're looking at 35+ free maps for a standalone title, which is pretty nuts. Even if you're pessimistic about it and "don't include" remixes, assuming 35 accounts for non-Forge maps, that's still 17-18 unique maps.

They can make an event out of Halo each time a new map is released. Keeps Halo fresh on the minds when the competition will be fierce.

belushy

Banned
I wonder if, with the dlc being free, we'll get maps individually. Is there any point releasing them in packs?

It'd be nice to get a constant drip feed of new content.

Maybe it is a "as they get done" cycle. I think I would still want them released in packs though to be honest. Maybe two maps at a time or something.

Ampoc

Neo Member
I'm really excited to see what's up with the new multiplayer game mode.

When they say they're combining all elements of the Halo sandbox, I'm thinking maybe in the new game mode it's going to be a huge large-scale battle where possibly we have our own little ai spartan squad like in Campaign that you command? Just a cool thought, probably nothing like that.

Either way, excited af.

That's not a terrible idea or anything, but I personally don't like having AI in multiplayer. Or I hated how it played out in Titanfall, at least.

True. Team AI are sort of almost always useless in multiplayer but the idea of it just sounds super cool to me.

jem0208

Maybe it is a "as they get done" cycle. I think I would still want them released in packs though to be honest. Maybe two maps at a time or something.

I think I'd prefer the "as they are done" system.

That would mean a regular stream of content, excellent way to retain the playerbase.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really excited to see what's up with the new multiplayer game mode.

When they say they're combining all elements of the Halo sandbox, I'm thinking maybe in the new game mode it's going to be a huge large-scale battle where possibly we have our own little ai spartan squad like in Campaign that you command? Just a cool thought, probably nothing like that.

Either way, excited af.
That's not a terrible idea or anything, but I personally don't like having AI in multiplayer. Or I hated how it played out in Titanfall, at least.

FyreWulff

Well in titanfall the AI was more of a moba style creep to get you junk kills to accomodate calling in titans and stuff, they were never meant to be actual opponents.

Well in titanfall the AI was more of a moba style creep to get you junk kills to accomodate calling in titans and stuff, they were never meant to be actual opponents.

They could still fuck you up if you weren't paying attention, but yeah, not terribly threatening.

Personally, I'd love to see AI in the BTB plus mode. Have it be... say, 8-12 players per side, filled out with a metric crapton of allied AI.

God, I am HYPE!

I am the hype!

The hype is me!

Hype hype hype hype no long looks like a word, I'll stop now.

I think one thing a lot of people glossed over was that, in Bonnie Ross' interview / apology regarding the MCC, she specifically says "Going forward, you will never see a Halo game coming out without a beta." Could be pretty interesting if true.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They could still fuck you up if you weren't paying attention, but yeah, not terribly threatening.

Personally, I'd love to see AI in the BTB plus mode. Have it be... say, 8-12 players per side, filled out with a metric crapton of allied AI.
Man, that sounds terrible to me. Throwing in buckets full of AI would be an unnecessary distraction from the real meat: actual PvP. I'd much rather have larger teams, 16v16 broken up into Battlefield style squad or something.

Man, that sounds terrible to me. Throwing in buckets full of AI would be an unnecessary distraction from the real meat: actual PvP. I'd much rather have larger teams, 16v16 broken up into Battlefield style squad or something.

Ah, here's the thing though: what if they operated as an extension of the player? Issuing commands to nearby AI, for instance, or even just following you into battle, filling out your Pelican, that sort of thing.

Why'd you want loadouts instead of set spawn weapons?

In BTB (as I imagine it in Halo 5) loadouts sound actually really fun if done well. Like a limited amount of attachments and sidearms.

For everything else, it would be a sin.

EDIT:
I have nothing but problems with the stupid Game Informer digital magazine app. It's constantly locking me out or failing to sign in when I have the correct credentials. It's BULL.

Btb is honestly the casualist gametype.

Its going to be hot modern Garbo so why not.

I feel the same way, if someone wants to start with an AR let them. It's BTB, it's the biggest sandbox mode we have, so no need to restrict people. Arena of course should be streamlined for a competitive player base.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, here's the thing though: what if they operated as an extension of the player? Issuing commands to nearby AI, for instance, or even just following you into battle, filling out your Pelican, that sort of thing.
I could be cool with that as long as it was VERY obvious which enemies are AI. Completely different designs, silhouettes, etc.

Mistel

Banned
In BTB (as I imagine it in Halo 5) loadouts sound actually really fun if done well. Like a limited amount of attachments and sidearms.

I don't think you could realistically balance different weapon attachments well enough to actually make it fun. As for sidearms we've seen how well that ended up with on 4 so that's probably best to avoid.

VinFTW

Quinn posted this over on Team Beyond moments ago:

Quinn Delhoyo said:
Lots of answers will come in regards to CTF in H5. Talking some things over on our end on when and how those answers will come. But we will not just drop the mode on you without talking about it way ahead of time.

Hopefully they can alleviate the concerns soon because I feel like it's overshadowing a largely positive day for 343/Halo 5. I feel like if it was good news they'd outright say it though, unless it reveals some larger mode/feature that they don't want to spoil (which I can't see how this would disallow them from saying how it works).

Other than that, I just hope no auto-pickup, no indicators and flag juggling is in.

"Ok guys, so we're still doing the flagnum auto-pickup, constant objective markers, and no flag juggling. BUT let us explain why this is for the best...*insert unconvincing reasons to everybody but jem*. Something something we're listening to feedback very carefully. You guys wanted more communication from us, well, here it us. Totally transparency."

Pls be wrong viewtiful, pls.

Just say flag dropping is in and no auto pickup. There is no reason to keep those features a secret.

Pretty fucking much.

Welfare

Quinn posted this over on Team Beyond moments ago:

Hopefully they can alleviate the concerns soon. I feel like if it was good news they'd outright say it, unless it reveals some larger mode/feature that they don't want to spoil.

Other than that, I just hope no auto-pickup and flag juggling is in.

Just say flag dropping is in and no auto pickup. There is no reason to keep those features a secret.

"Ok guys, so we're still doing the flagnum auto-pickup, constant objective markers, and no flag juggling. BUT let us explain why this is for the best...*insert unconvincing reasons to everybody but jem*. Something something we're listening to feedback very carefully. You guys wanted more communication from us, well, here it us. Totally transparency."

EDIT:
I have nothing but problems with the stupid Game Informer digital magazine app. It's constantly locking me out or failing to sign in when I have the correct credentials. It's BULL.

I think Invasion styled would be best, except with a 4 man Battlefield-esque Squad/Commander system.

jem0208

look-of-disappointment-300x199.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami

#HUNTtheTRUTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom