• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhr1

Next week is going to be crazy. I wonder how much they'll actually be sharing. Sounds like the broad strokes of the campaign, but hopefully more about this other epic MP experience.

I wonder what they are going to add to get that addictive gameplay. I don't want a grind-fest, but as Destiny has shown me, that stuff works.

The Game Informer article specifically states we will learn about the evolved BTB mode sometime at E3. Whether at the press event or later on, nobody knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that same campaign sequence from the Game Informer piece on stage. People will go nuts to see MC with Blue Team live on stage. And hearing Cortana's voice at the end. Sweeet

Next week is going to be crazy. I wonder how much they'll actually be sharing. Sounds like the broad strokes of the campaign, but hopefully more about this other epic MP experience.

I wonder what they are going to add to get that addictive gameplay. I don't want a grind-fest, but as Destiny has shown me, that stuff works.

Please no more grinding. Light to moderate progression is fine but Destiny levels of grinding would piss me off.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I feel like this encompasses Frankie and Josh today.

giphy.gif

Obscured

The Game Informer article specifically states we will learn about the evolved BTB mode sometime at E3. Whether at the press event or later on, nobody knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that same campaign sequence from the Game Informer piece on stage. People will go nuts to see MC with Blue Team live on stage. And hearing Cortana's voice at the end. Sweeet

Good to hear. They shouldn't be afraid about spoiling MP details and just give us the info. I wonder how many people are aware of blue team. Be curious to see if there is any uptake in book sales after E3.

Please no more grinding. Light to moderate progression is fine but Destiny levels of grinding would piss me off.

Yes, I really don't want it, but I can't imagine there won't be something. I'm open to almost any direction they go in for campaign and mp (I mostly just care about options), but that is the one thing I'm worried about.

Bungie loves grinds. Look at Reach, getting to Inheritor rank was ridiculous. I had 17 days of playtime and only made it to Hero.

I prefer that Reach version of grinding. Nothing gameplay wise was affected. It's a reward for the hardcore of the hardcore fans. Destiny affects your defense/attack and literally walls off sections of the game. When you're forced to play with mates it's a balancing act trying to be the right level and get into games. Literally in Destiny every DLC or level upgrade splits our group of friends again and again, content inaccessible unless organised parties/times are arranged. It's one thing to play matchmaking and a whole other to play with mates in a party.

I'll be a happy man if/when H5 brings coop/multi back to easy party up and play with friends. Very mild progression required is acceptable but locking out content from friends playing together based on progression is bullshit.

Well, it's official. Both the general Game Informer cover piece threads have fallen off the front page, with only the "Splitscreen is dead, Halo is dead" thread still going strong. You stay you, Gamingside.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well, it's official. Both the general Game Informer cover piece threads have fallen off the front page, with only the "Splitscreen is dead, Halo is dead" thread still going strong. You stay you, Gamingside.

People will always talk more about complaints than praises.

Hence why this thread has made it to 24.

Madness

Just the way it is. Ignore the tons of positives to focus on the small negative. I mean honestly, out of all the news we get today, that's what causes people to say 'DONE. I'm not buying this game anymore, this is the last straw'. Forget the 4 man coop without gold, the dedicated servers for coop, custom, and multi-player, the fact free map packs and dlc will happen so no more fracturing of the playerbase, but no, because you can't split screen campaign only, that's the worst thing to happen.

RSB

Banned
I prefer that Reach version of grinding. Nothing gameplay wise was affected. It's a reward for the hardcore of the hardcore fans. Destiny affects your defense/attack and literally walls off sections of the game. When you're forced to play with mates it's a balancing act trying to be the right level and get into games. Literally in Destiny every DLC or level upgrade splits our group of friends again and again, content inaccessible unless organised parties/times are arranged. It's one thing to play matchmaking and a whole other to play with mates in a party.

I'll be a happy man if/when H5 brings coop/multi back to easy party up and play with friends. Very mild progression required is acceptable but locking out content from friends playing together based on progression is bullshit.
Yeah, grinding for cosmetic stuff (like Reach) is fine by me. Destiny's type of grind though? Hell no, keep that shit out of Halo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GAF loves outrage. Water is wet.

That is true, Reach was all cosmetic, while with Destiny it's required if you want to progress. Personally I liked Reach's credit system, some of the higher levels were a bit ridiculous but overall I enjoyed it. It was fun doing the dailies/weeklies/monthlies and having something to work towards. It's one of the reasons why I kept playing for so long. I know a lot of people don't, but I like games that have a sense of progression.

Just the way it is. Ignore the tons of positives to focus on the small negative. I mean honestly, out of all the news we get today, that's what causes people to say 'DONE. I'm not buying this game anymore, this is the last straw'. Forget the 4 man coop without gold, the dedicated servers for coop, custom, and multi-player, the fact free map packs and dlc will happen so no more fracturing of the playerbase, but no, because you can't split screen campaign only, that's the worst thing to happen.

I'd be willing to wager that quite a few posters in that thread never even saw anything from the rest of the article, lol. They certainly didn't post in the threads about it :p

GAF loves outrage. Water is wet.

I know, but it's so booooooooooring.

El_Chino

Its the most hilarious thing. This is coming from a Halo fan who's been around since it's inception and lan parties etc etc. In this day and age, you're better off relocating resources to other parts of the game rather than trying to fit in split screen. Soon, split screen as whole will die off completely.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
#winteriscoming

I'm sure we'll find some outrage here soon enough.
Halo 5 is looking so good that our rage addled brains will start flipping tables over news we actually like. "WTF BR starts, who asked for this shit."

daedalius

Cool, I wanna be ranked in a playlist I have a 1 in 5 (probably higher given voting trends) chance of playing a halo I don't want to ever play and am terrible at.

Good game design.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So you all are clueless nerds as much as I am, but what are our chances of getting a second beta showcasing BTB before Halo 5 launches?

Fracas

#fuckonami
So you all are clueless nerds as much as I am, but what are our chances of getting a second beta showcasing BTB before Halo 5 launches?

It'd make a rad E3 announcement, but I'm guessing 343's more than likely all hands on deck for launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom