• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

I would think that someone who enrages over that detail and claims that it's what will cause then to boycott the game weren't going to buy the game anyway, or were already leaning that direction. People literally dig through the pixels to find something, anything, to take the piss over.

true and there was several who claimed to only play Halo because of co-op split-screen implying they dont even play halo for halo itself. People were just using split-screen to confirm their already made up decision about the game. They weren't interested. They were ultimately going to play SP, finish it and then drop it to never play it again or in 6 months. No one plays Halo SP consistently for 2-3 years straight.

Madness

Imagine Fireteam Osiris actually kills one of Blue Team before Chief and Locke reconcile. I just can just see the rage if Holly Tanaka or Olympia Vale end up killing Fred.

Since it's almost E3 time. If you guys are watching E3 on Twitch and are interested into joining our custom Twitch chat, then simply message me your Twitch username and I'll add you to the chat. Once you are added, you can invite anybody to the chat. The purpose of this chat is to have a convenient way to talk with other people, without having to deal with 100k other people in the chat or without having to use 3rd party tools as it's directly on the Twitch page.

Here's how it works in gif form. You can check your invite and if you are already added there: http://i.imgur.com/vrNiHWI.gif

If it's the same chat from last year I'm probably still in it lol. But add me just in case, my username is imPokerFace

Since it's almost E3 time. If you guys are watching E3 on Twitch and are interested into joining our custom Twitch chat, then simply message me your Twitch username and I'll add you to the chat. Once you are added, you can invite anybody to the chat. The purpose of this chat is to have a convenient way to talk with other people, without having to deal with 100k other people in the chat or without having to use 3rd party tools as it's directly on the Twitch page.

Here's how it works in gif form. You can check your invite and if you are already added there: http://i.imgur.com/vrNiHWI.gif

May I have an invite pls? :3

Username is Rokklaggio

Fuchsdh

Who's Macer?
lol

Nightfall was pretty underwhelming.

Yeah, while I understand why people dislike it so much, I think its ultimate sin is that it's not even bad enough to register for me. It was a rather tepid slog that had an interesting premise and dissolved into uninteresting things. It's forgettable and inconsequential even from a lore standpoint.

-Ryn

Banned
Honestly I'm not sure if it matters. The only stuff that really made it sound like he was the last or the only Spartan were the Halo CE instruction manual and just the fact you never heard or saw a peep about the others in the original trilogy. "Oh these guys trained with John" is probably as much background as most people would need.
If 343 expects the story to be taken seriously I think establishing the "who" is pretty important for Blue team as they have a strong connection to the Chief.

The main story doesn't need to be exposition station for them, but establishing a basic understanding of who they are and their relationship to Chief is definitely necessary imo. Anything else can be put into cool bonus stuff like terminals or an in game encyclopedia akin to Mass Effect (assuming that's a thing which I kind if doubt lol).

So has osiris been confirmed as to who's who other than Buck and Locke?
As far as I know there is Buck, Locke, Tanaka (White Suit), and Vale (Red chick).

Impala26

So I was MIA yesterday pretty much and I've just been catching up on things.

Did E3 get started early yesterday? XD

Hype train is real. It's so funny to me how polar opposite the reactions are to this Game Informer reveal compared to H4's.

Anything else can be put into cool bonus stuff like terminals or an in game encyclopedia akin to Mass Effect (assuming that's a thing which I kind if doubt lol).

Mass Effect Codex is GOAT
Every game with an sizeable amount of lore should have something similar in-game, be it Halo, Destiny, Elder Scrolls, Witcher. Correct me if I'm wrong about the latter two because I've only watched them played.

Is team size matching enabled? If it isn't the ranked playlists are half worthless and will suffer greatly in population terms. I ask because Team Slayer didn't have it when ranked and Bravo said they were going to fix that. They never did, to my knowledge. If I'm expected to care about my rank (which is the carrot to continue playing in a ranked list) then I'm not going to risk playing alone, lest I face the inevitable team of four with mics, call outs and coordination while I'm staring at a dino ARing a wall. Every other solo player or team of two who cares about their rank will also avoid the list when not in a To4 and this will decimate the population, increase wait times and decrease Trueskill accuracy.

Every other ranked Halo had team size matching enabled. Frankie, et al, please ensure MCC has it. I really don't want to see a blog in a couple months time saying ranks are being removed because they tanked the population.

Halo 5 DLC news is shocking coming from MS. Very positive news for the long term playlist management of that game.

By the looks of it, it hasn't been fixed. Still going against premades on a fairly regular basis. It's one reason I really don't care too much about my rank. It's nice that we have them, but they're somewhat meaningless in the current state of things. I know a while back they said they were looking into team size matching, but I doubt it'll happen.

Madness

Yeah, while I understand why people dislike it so much, I think its ultimate sin is that it's not even bad enough to register for me. It was a rather tepid slog that had an interesting premise and dissolved into uninteresting things. It's forgettable and inconsequential even from a lore standpoint.

It works much better as a movie from start to finish. No breaks and recaps. That said, I'm disappointed no Macer. Randall sacrificed himself for them. And the way they portrayed Macer, it seemed she wanted to join ONI with Locke. You'd think he'd want her to almost be his right hand 'man' in a sense after their escape.

I thought Randall sacrifice, his nobility as a Spartan and how ONI doesn't go to Valhalla may be a reason why Locke wanted to get the augmentation and be a Spartan, but it seems Nightfall could be inconsequential in these kinds of terms.

Akai__

Now that Halo 3 is ranked, I decided to try out the MCC again (only for one match anyway).

Vote Screen:

-KotH Construct (AR starts)
-Slayer BR's Last Resort
-Slayer AR starts Orbital

KotH got picked, but luckily the map has a good amount of BR's and that's the only reason why I stayed in. You could argue about radar being enabled on that map and that it really destroys the map flow, as you can't get up without being seen. I would have quit Last Resort BR starts by the way, because that map is straight up not suited for ranked (or for 4vs4 at all). Same goes for AR starts on Orbital.

If you are going to make Halo 3 ranked, then please make sure to take out BTB maps and AR starts. Nobody wants to run arround for 3 minutes on a BTB map, until they find someone in a 4vs4 match. Other than that it was pretty good and the match was most likely on a dedicated servers. Pretty solid connection and my shots connected every time.

It works much better as a movie from start to finish. No breaks and recaps. That said, I'm disappointed no Macer. Randall sacrificed himself for them. And the way they portrayed Macer, it seemed she wanted to join ONI with Locke. You'd think he'd want her to almost be his right hand 'man' in a sense after their escape.

I thought Randall sacrifice, his nobility as a Spartan and how ONI doesn't go to Valhalla may be a reason why Locke wanted to get the augmentation and be a Spartan, but it seems Nightfall could be inconsequential in these kinds of terms.

Which is a shame, a use a lot of the ideas and like three of the characters deserve another chance. Macer especially had a chance to be a really great character.

This fucking game of Oddball. It started 5v4, up a man in an objective match should be easy. Nope. I had over two minutes of holding the ball and the next person on my team has 15 seconds. There was one guy with zero holds because he was too busy padding his k/d. He literally ran pass the ball a few times and didn't even acknowledge it.

DJ Gunner

Now that Halo 3 is ranked, I decided to try out the MCC again (only for one match anyway).

Vote Screen:

-KotH Construct (AR starts)
-Slayer BR's Last Resort
-Slayer AR starts Orbital

KotH got picked, but luckily the map has a good amount of BR's and that's the only reason why I stayed in. You could argue about radar being enabled on that map and that it really destroys the map flow, as you can't get up without being seen. I would have quit Last Resort BR starts by the way, because that map is straight up not suited for ranked (or for 4vs4 at all). Same goes for AR starts on Orbital.

If you are going to make Halo 3 ranked, then please make sure to take out BTB maps and AR starts. Nobody wants to run arround for 3 minutes on a BTB map, until they find someone in a 4vs4 match. Other than that it was pretty good and the match was most likely on a dedicated servers. Pretty solid connection and my shots connected every time.

The fact that Orbital and Assembly, in particular, are weighted so heavily in both the Halo 3 playlist and TS as Halo 3 options is mind-numbing. These maps are so fucking terrible by any standard and they come up, at least for me, more often than just about anything else. Halo 3 is my least favorite MP of the trilogy,but seeing on how it gets voted _alot_ in TS and BTB, I've learned to appreciate it quite a bit- it's just very hard when I'm forced to play maps that shouldn't even BE in the rotation, much less as often as they are. I mean I rarely even see Heretic or Guardian now.

jem0208

So after looking through the GI pictures I noticed that black undersuits are back in multiplayer. So that's pretty cool.

That said, they might have been in the beta...

Still, the models look very pretty.

By the looks of it, it hasn't been fixed. Still going against premades on a fairly regular basis. It's one reason I really don't care too much about my rank. It's nice that we have them, but they're somewhat meaningless in the current state of things. I know a while back they said they were looking into team size matching, but I doubt it'll happen.

That means ranks are still a joke as it stands then. Thanks for reporting

The fact that Orbital and Assembly, in particular, are weighted so heavily in both the Halo 3 playlist and TS as Halo 3 options is mind-numbing. These maps are so fucking terrible by any standard and they come up, at least for me, more often than just about anything else. Halo 3 is my least favorite MP of the trilogy,but seeing on how it gets voted _alot_ in TS and BTB, I've learned to appreciate it quite a bit- it's just very hard when I'm forced to play maps that shouldn't even BE in the rotation, much less as often as they are. I mean I rarely even see Heretic or Guardian now.

I've railed against this in numerous posts. There is no reflection of several years worth of data for each respective game. The Pit is a veritable fan favourite yet I hardly get to play it. I've played more Isolation, High Ground, Assembly and Orbital in the MCC than I think I ever did in all the years playing Halo 3. Those four maps are heavily weighted in my experience.

Welfare

So I'm a scrub lord that has to wait for the physical GI issue, but with my Google-fu, I found a picture from the issue that shows off the AR in first person, and the coloring looks very different to the Beta AR.

I like the Beta AR colors more.

Impala26

So I'm a scrub lord that has to wait for the physical GI issue, but with my Google-fu, I found a picture from the issue that shows off the AR in first person, and the coloring looks very different to the Beta AR.

bbc5bf73860aded8e0c3b156e5256585.jpg

Anybody interested in doing level 32 Poe and the nightfall later tonight around 8est? My irl friends are slacking

Halo

Myself, Gringo, Zoojoo and Co. are usually down for such shenaningans.

Halo not dad?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Voting should not exist, ever.

Halo 2 did it best. Your choices should end at the playlist.

Could it be a cosmetic thing, like an unlock? Even Halo 4 had skins.

Blueblur1

There's an Imgur album one of the 343 artists tweeted with GI screenshots. I suppose those constitute as scans.

Regarding the MP undersuit, there's still coloring but I'm only seeing it on the lower torso.

Fracas

#fuckonami
There's an Imgur album one of the 343 artists tweeted with GI screenshots. I suppose those constitute as scans.

Regarding the MP undersuit, there's still coloring but I'm only seeing it on the lower torso.

Yeah those screens don't look so hot. Compression's probably got a lot to do with it but outside of the models, it's kind of rough.

I'm guessing it'll all look better in motion though.

Mix

Chief's upper arm shoulder/bicep area are colored.

Omni

Will we finally find out what's in the 330 dollar edition of Halo 5 at E3?

Have to decide whether I'll keep my preorder or not. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom