• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your pick. #TeamLockeChief
dXNlBR4.png

Battle of thighs

Overdoziz

Banned
*sharp breath intake*

"will you accept 900p or nah"
I'm sure it'll end up being 834p or something weird like that. The beta looked pretty gross resolution-wise so hopefully they can up it without making the game drop frames like it already did on some of the maps in the beta.

I hope we get more "chunky" Gen-II Spartan-IV designs like we're seeing with Buck. Having as much mass as an S-II but with the newer armor variations looks soooo goooood.

Of course you can't see anything.

Seriously, use your eyes. Texture resolution is higher, models have far more detail, lighting is massively improved etc. etc.

I dont have the 343 glasses, sry ;) I use my own. And i dont see a big improvement. Yes some new shaders here in there but this indoor shots look unimpressive. That new Locke shot in the Desert looked amazing. But sadly wasnt in the Video.

HTupolev

I wonder what FOV it's at.
I didn't take the time to get a very precise measurement (didn't want to let down my team, grenades going off everywhere, etc), but my quick and dirty check came to ~78 degrees.

I wouldn't be shocked if that's how it ships, as we haven't gotten a new Halo FPS that isn't 78 degrees at 16:9 since ODST.

Well, they were fairly straight-backed in CE, saved for things like their sprinting animation. But then they got further hunched to fit to a Spartan-IIish hotbox in Halo 2, and things went downhill from there.

Pretty soon they'll be crawling on all four like the animals they are.

jem0208

Someone broke an NDA and leaked a bunch on stuff over on Beyond. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it though...

The DMR has a brand new, far less inoffensive scope though.

Thread's been deleted but I read it all...

We're allowed to post leaked stuff right? It's just scans and stuff we aren't allowed?

belushy

Banned
Someone broke an NDA and leaked a bunch on stuff over on Beyond. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it though...

The DMR has a brand new, far less inoffensive scope though.

Thread's been deleted but I read it all...

We're allowed to post leaked stuff right? It's just scans and stuff we aren't allowed?

Msg me pls

jem0208

GG je--

uh I mean yeah jem go for it my dude

I saved everything and all the pictures >_>

Did you see the thread?

I saved the picture of the DMR but nothing else. It's actually a really bad picture, everything looks grainy and compressed.

Oooh, he re-posted the thread even after a mod deleted it.

Did you see the thread?

I saved the picture of the DMR but nothing else. It's actually a really bad picture, everything looks grainy and compressed.

"halo 5 info dump", right? yep...got all the info lol. Screens are grainy/compressed yeah but they're direct from the game

"halo 5 info dump", right? yep...got all the info lol. Screens are grainy/compressed yeah but they're direct from the game

It's because the pics were uploaded to imgur... or so I heard.

Also, note that the DMR is still using a traditional scope, rather than no scope at all, according to the HUD's icon. Seems like it's blocking up more of the screen, though.

"Oh yeah don't worry, this new DMR scope is way less obtrusive"

*literally blacks out everything outside of the scope*

quick question. Do we know who the red woman on lockes team is yet?

Newcomer Spartan-IV Olympia Vale, noted child prodigy and polyglot serving as a liaison for the Navy with human-Elite relations. Has a Plasma Pistol and SMG loadout, and will be appearing in novel Halo: Last Light.

Haruko

Can i post one of the pics here? The DMR scope is actually a scope again!

EDIT: Okay here

Absolutely disgusting...
Those grenade-looking things on the ground are still there. 343 pls. Scope looks great though, if peripheral isn't made to be so dark

jem0208

Alright, well if this isn't allowed then I will remove the post:

jv0Q8X9.jpg

sXOduSX.jpg

tqFeE9N.jpg

8qHwrK3.jpg

v2twpL5.jpg

Incineration Cannon is back and has changed compared to Halo 4. players can charge up a shot and the longer you charge, the more powerful it is. Battery based rather than ammo based.
railgun is back from Halo 4 and works almost identically - could hold up to 11 shots
Overshield was present had some weird screen effect when you picked it up - looked like a bug
boltshot is back but doesn't work like halo 4 - no shotgun fire mode. fires two shots at once and sort of tracks players
suppressor is back and fires a lot slower
blue outline on weapons was in the build
killcams were disabled in the build, could spectate players while you were dead
br spread was near-gone - fired so fast
spartan chatter was reduced hugely, less pointless callouts
spartan bro moments cut down. game ending segment is just your spartans walking towards the screen, no more highfives and shit
killfeed modified to be like this: "PLAYER NAME" "WEAPON KILLED WITH" "PLAYER NAME"
pistol RoF is modified to be slower but is a lot more powerful - competes with AR and BR
ground pound is harder to use, radius is tiny
overshield was bugged, my shields said i constantly had it even after death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom