• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliQ

I would like to see a sprint that shows the polish phase. I'm curious to know what exactly goes on during that time. The obvious is make things shiny but I mean wouldn't they have most of that in place by that time anyway? Is it more of a bug squashing thing?

called Arena and War Zone by name in March 2013, bruv

This action sack NEEDS to happen. One way to satisfy the custom game search is a action sack type playlist. Wait a month after launch and gather all the meta gametypes and throw them into this playlist. Zombies, tower of power, hide and seek, fat kid, race, nascar, jenga, indiana jones etc.

Fathom looks awesome, glad there's a quick animation to use power ups. This week is the first time I have heard of this "monitor mode" spectator thing, wtf when did this happen? *claps*

I'm having the weirdest, most unexplainable bug ever in the Master Chief Collection. Me and my friend were playing the level quarantine, and I hit a checkpoint but he didn't? Maybe he was dead before I hit it I'm not sure. Anyway, after we reset we are now in the same game but in two separate instances of the game.

It's hard to explain, but I'm in my own game at a spectate checkpoint. He's at the previous checkpoint. My Arbiter is in a whole different location on his screens than it is on mine, and same with his. Our actions are translating into each other's game, but since we've loaded two separate instances of the game, somehow were existing in two different games at the same time?

I have no idea how to properly explain it, but it's the weirdest glitch/bug I have encountered yet. And stranger yet, I can die in his game and it doesn't affect my game; but it will revert to last checkpoint for him. He can die in my game, and it'll revert to last checkpoint for me but not his session. Even though we're both in the same game just two separate checkpoints and saves even though our actions and inputs are being sent to each other's game.

I don't know how it happened or how to replicate it, but that was some strange shit. Quitting in my game quit it for him too.

I'm having the weirdest, most unexplainable bug ever in the Master Chief Collection. Me and my friend were playing the level quarantine, and I hit a checkpoint but he didn't? Maybe he was dead before I hit it I'm not sure. Anyway, after we reset we are now in the same game but in two separate instances of the game.

It's hard to explain, but I'm in my own game at a spectate checkpoint. He's at the previous checkpoint. My Arbiter is in a whole different location on his screens than it is on mine, and same with his. Our actions are translating into each other's game, but since we've loaded two separate instances of the game, somehow were existing in two different games at the same time?

I have no idea how to properly explain it, but it's the weirdest glitch/bug I have encountered yet. And stranger yet, I can die in his game and it doesn't affect my game; but it will revert to last checkpoint for him. He can die in my game, and it'll revert to last checkpoint for me but not his session. Even though we're both in the same game just two separate checkpoints and saves even though our actions and inputs are being sent to each other's game.

I don't know how it happened or how to replicate it, but that was some strange shit. Quitting in my game quit it for him too.

Checkpoint desyncing a known issue in Halo 2 in MCC. I have no idea how it happens, but when it does it's certainly... interesting.

Reach gave us the best version of 2forts, you should have been there JC.

tumblr_m2q1geUAtF1qcalwvo1_1280.jpg

Some things I noticed from the new Fathom gameplay:
-smg definitely looks significantly nerfed, which is a good thing.
-grenades are very bright now, easy to see. grenade explosions also look better.
-storm rifle looks really good, definitely see it being better than the AR in certain situations.
-ground pound has a more detailed target, smaller circle probably for a kill, bigger one for shield take down. edit: it may have had that before, but it definitely looks better now.
-clamber seems to be a bit faster, which it needed.
-pistol range looks way more legit now.
-shotgun seems to still have a little more range than I would like. Maybe not as bad as Halo 4 though. With sprint, shotgun should be near point blank.

Lots of other small graphical details added, the armor in the opening Spartan poses looks nice and shiny, scopes look a little more detailed, a few other things.

Oh, and Fathom looks like an awesome map. Lots of shortcuts, and just a generally cool layout from what I can tell.

was watching some of the footage I missed and saw that the radar didn't track elevation.

Plllleeeeeeeaaase tell me that this is the finalized radar and it's the same in Arena

was watching some of the footage I missed and saw that the radar didn't track elevation.

Plllleeeeeeeaaase tell me that this is the finalized radar and it's the same in Arena

While it doesn't have the arrow on the blips, there's more transparency when they are on a different elevation.

While it doesn't have the arrow on the blips, there's more transparency when they are on a different elevation.

I guess that's acceptable.

Got a good feeling about this game, hopefully by october I'll be paying for better internet...went from a solid 25mbs connection to a 6mbs all because someone wanted to swap services outta spite. :/

jem0208

I guess that's acceptable.

Got a good feeling about this game, hopefully by october I'll be paying for better internet...went from a solid 25mbs connection to a 6mbs all because someone wanted to swap services outta spite. :/
6mbs shouldn't make any difference really. It's not bandwidth dependant, ping is the real deciding factor when it comes to gaming quality.

Seems there may be a reason to use the Storm Rifle after all, just watched the Fathom footage. Good footage, glad to see the OS. Hopefully all maps have Power-ups.

First thing I thought of watching that clip. Ugggggggh. Prepare.

--

Side note: How fucking cool is that giant wall of water surrounding that War Zone map, though. With the whales and stuff in there? Damn.

Yeah the whales just make it, there's been some pretty cool locales in Halo 5 maps, downed Covenant cruiser, underwater research base and parted sea.

Fathom looks like the best map layout wise so far. I liked the clamber and jump spots as well as the slide spot. OS animation also isn't as bad as it was described so I'm happy about that.

Though 343, where the heck are the asymmetrical arena maps???

Fathom has some serious flow.

Is it? Well then. It happened again after we loaded the mission up. If one of us completes the mission with a brain dead ally arbiter, will we get the mission complete?

Couldn't tell ya. Never seen anyone say what happens when they reached the mission's end, and when it happened to me we were doing a Legendary run and it was completely impossible for us to finish.

mcrommert

Banned

Happened to me a few months back...same exact thing. Posted it in here no one responded...never happened again...really weird and kind of hilarious bug

I don't know if this idea has already been posted before, but you know how in Halo 5 there's no split screen coop?

What if there was an option to stream the game to a PC and play the game on the Xbox at the same time?

Like, first player can be on the TV and the second player can play on a PC screen. Idk if it's even possible though, just an idea.

I don't know if this idea has already been posted before, but you know how in Halo 5 there's no split screen coop?

What if there was an option to stream the game to a PC and play the game on the Xbox at the same time?

Like, first player can be on the TV and the second player can play on a PC screen. Idk if it's even possible though, just an idea.

If splitscreen is technically infeasible, then streaming an entire separate screen is definitely even moreso.

-Ryn

Banned
New map looks totally tubular

Ground Pound isn't as nerfed as I thought it was so that's also good. Love the new reticle.

Can't wait to see what kind of tricks and traps other maps have. Have we seen anything really interactive from Halo 5's maps yet? I know in Eden(?) you could shoot those generators and the lights would go out.

Madness

I hope the 343 team sticks together after this release. They'll see what worked and what didn't. The multiplayer team especially. No certain affinity making their MP maps. Fathom looks solid. Let's see what else they've come up with. Haven was a 343 map and it was one of the best maps in Halo 4.

I hope the 343 team sticks together after this release. They'll see what worked and what didn't. The multiplayer team especially. No certain affinity making their MP maps. Fathom looks solid. Let's see what else they've come up with. Haven was a 343 map and it was one of the best maps in Halo 4.

Why would they not stick together? 😥

So I was playing some MCC, and I saw a nameplate I've never seen before. I looked through the list of nameplates and it wasn't there. It kind of looked like a V. Should have taken a SS, but I forgot to. Anyone know what's it for?

CliQ

I just hope that the big maps they made aren't just a bunch of small sections connected together. Looking back at maps like Exile and that one dlc map weren't as great as Blood Gulch, Standoff, and Vahlla. Hopefully we get one with wide open middles.

-Ryn

Banned
I just hope that the big maps they made aren't just a bunch of small sections connected together. Looking back at maps like Exile and that one dlc map weren't as great as Blood Gulch, Standoff, and Vahlla. Hopefully we get one with wide open middles.
Vehicle combat in Halo 4 generally felt more like being funneled through a race track than actually playing in one cohesive large scale battlefield. I too hope that the maps in Halo 5 are less compartmentalized and have a better flow.

Completely agree that having more wide open spaces for vehicle combat would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom