• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhr1

New design on the Wraith.

ikiF3Cl.png

The two images on the right are definitely more incomplete than the more recent image in the first. Ex. It's missing the middle armor plating between the base portion and the turret.

nillapuddin

. Any true fan buying LCE wouldn't be concerned about being able to trade it in after anyways.

Yeah I totally agree, i cant imagine the kinda fan that spends 4x the cost of a normal game will be looking to trade it in.

The fact that it comes with a (n albeit empty) steelbook is awesome.
Op
Nothing will keep me from having the game preloaded

Looks more like a scorpion

RoKKeR

Just a heads up guys, GAF didn't turn out to vote for H5 in the best of E3 thread so Halo is once again dad.

In case you forgot, of course.

Madness

ikiF3Cl.png

That's pretty bad. Looks like a Scorpion, especially those brown versions. Change for the sake of change I guess. If the last Stand of the Covenant happens at Sanghelios I guess it means they're also moving forward with vehicle/weapon design.

Just don't see why these changes are required? Do they not know Halo is a mature series? Some 10 year old getting into Halo 5 for the first time isn't going to care at all, but these changes affect fans.

Madness

Why does 343 have to redesign everything in the Halo universe?

To make it THEIRS I guess? I bet a lot of artists and designers also don't want to be handcuffed to designs made by Bungie employees from over a decade ago etc. Want to try their own hand at keeping it what it is, but redesigning it all.

There was a best of E3 thread? :lol

Apparently, I just looked through it. I'm somewhat confused by all the people voting for Shenmue 3 and FF7. We didn't see anything from those. Sure they got announced and maybe a small teaser trailer, yet there was no gameplay or anything. So I don't see how that was the best of E3.

My top three games of E3 would be:

1) Fallout 4
2) Battlefront
3) No Man's Sky

Fuchsdh

Who else is thinking about having an elite controller? It's everything I have wanted in a controller so I don't know if I can resist lol

It's cool, but while the price is fair it's more than I'm willing to spend. My 360 controller works fine for PC and I don't have any major complaints with the XB1 controller that justifies tossing aside the ones I have. As a long-time default Halo player the control schemes have never been an issue.

Who else is thinking about having an elite controller? It's everything I have wanted in a controller so I don't know if I can resist lol

I already have a Scuf, so for me it'll come down to how good of quality the Elite is. If the quality is significantly improved, I'll probably get one. If it isn't, I'll probably just continue to use my Scuf or wait for it to drop in price.

RoKKeR

I'm getting more tempted by the day.

Being able to have Bumper Jumper in Halo 5 with thrusters and maybe one other thing mapped to the paddles on the back is very tempting. I couldn't find a scheme that worked for me in H5, especially with how many control options there are.

-Ryn

Banned
To make it THEIRS I guess? I bet a lot of artists and designers also don't want to be handcuffed to designs made by Bungie employees from over a decade ago etc. Want to try their own hand at keeping it what it is, but redesigning it all.
The funny thing is those old Bungie designs are better than a lot of their redesigns lol

With weapons and vehicles it's less of an issue to me since that's fairly easily explained within the lore (I've actually liked some of them like H5's Banshee or Chief's armor) but arbitrary changes should generally be avoided imo. Make something new instead of trying to force yourself onto something already good.

I'm thinking of doing it but not for a while. $150 is steep.

Glass

ikiF3Cl.png

Hm, maybe there are vehicle variants? They mentioned you can get vehicles for Warzone in the req packs, but unless they're a one time use, surely your'e going to end up with a lot of doubles if there's only one of each vehicle?

They mentioned different weapon tiers, is there a vehicle equivalent?

Mix

Hm, maybe there are vehicle variants? They mentioned you can get vehicles for Warzone in the req packs, but unless they're a one time use, surely your'e going to end up with a lot of doubles if there's only one of each vehicle?

They mentioned different weapon tiers, is there a vehicle equivalent?

Doubt it. Seems all vehicles have been redesigned for Halo 5. Banshee and Ghost look completely different, though while maintaining the same general silhouette.

Why does 343 have to redesign everything in the Halo universe?

Someone here had an interesting idea about these being more "traditional" designs, as these vehicles are coming from Sanghelios when the war is largely over, whereas the other models were mass produced, war-time models, built on the fringe of Covenant patrolled space.

I'm getting more tempted by the day.

Being able to have Bumper Jumper in Halo 5 with thrusters and maybe one other thing mapped to the paddles on the back is very tempting. I couldn't find a scheme that worked for me in H5, especially with how many control options there are.

This is exactly it. Also the nicer long sticks will feel great. I have always wanted a scuf, but this looks even better.

I like it, but I also like the new RL.

At first the new rocket launcher pissed me off, but now I love it. The SPNKR is still there as a Legendary so I'm happy.

In other words, Frankie was spouting brazen lies, then.

I would say they've probably been more like 1/8th truths. I can buy that sure, some stuff came up in deployment that they just did not expect (the user-side of the One is fucking mess, I'm sure the backend is similar), but it's so obvious there were other things going on. It's mostly just a convenient way to say there's a problem but not actually blame anyone.

But of course, if we do accept that the testing issue, that begs the question of how their test results could be so far from reality? That in and of itself is a glaring failure, just of that part of development.

Ramirez

I'm assuming the back end of the Wraith now has a hover engine or something, it definitely looks more alien than the classic Wraith. I just don't feel like the originals were so amazing that redesigning them is out of the question, I guess.

I'm assuming the back end of the Wraith now has a hover engine or something, it definitely looks more alien than the classic Wraith. I just don't feel like the originals were so amazing that redesigning them is out of the question, I guess.

Pretty much this. I mean, they turn the AR into an M16, we'll talk, but the Wraith? Big, dopey looking thing. Not gonna hold that as sacrosanct.

Blueblur1

ikiF3Cl.png

It looks like a Scorpion... Which would jive with their other insect-inspired designs. I personally really dislike it. If they're going to redesign everything they should at least make an evolution of what already exists and not a re-write (and ugly ones at that).

RowdyReverb

Shit, I wish they'd redesign the AR, I honestly think it's one of the worst designs ever.
As long as we're committing sacrilege, why not make MC's armor chrome and give him a ponytail. Also plasma pistol shots should be red and the sniper rifle should hold 5 bullets.

Tawpgun

I don't think the rocket redesign is the end of the world, I just had to wonder WHY.

It was like the oddest redesign they've done. Forgoing the familiar double rotating tube and sillohuette for a big boring tube.

darthbob

It looks like a Scorpion... Which would jive with their other insect-inspired designs. I personally really dislike it. If they're going to redesign everything they should at least make an evolution of what already exists and not a re-write (and ugly ones at that).

Hmm, I guess it'd make sense that so many years into the war that the design of their vehicles could/would change. I'm not totally in love with the new look either. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom