• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

There comes a point where you grow tired of recycled discussions. Sometimes you want to have them, but other times you don't. Fyre has been part of those discussions many times, much like many of us here, so for him to say that still is kind of crazy when you have soooo many CE fans explaining to you otherwise.

Anything is easy against people who don't know how to play a game. Come on lol

The thing is, he was the one that brought up the discussion. Evading it with "Did you even play Halo CE?" is on par with ending a discussion with "Learn to spell, please."

And to the bolded. That doesn't mean that you can't do it. It's entirely possible, but like you said... It applies for every game out there.

---

Anyways, all this discussion gave me an idea.

If we are going to have a Custom Game Browser, than give us better gametype settings. Let us alter the rate of fire or the damage for each individual weapon for example.

The last Halo 4 (Xbox 360) patch included that, but it was only reserved for 343i. I don't think they actually did something with it.

Point of that clip was to show how I was spawn killed, then I was fortunate enough to spawn kill them right after. I described this in my post. The way I see spawning in CE is like the Wild West; you better be ready to draw your Pistol and start shooting shit! Quick reaction times are vital to success in competitive CE. It's just a different game and you have to accept that, much like how I've accepted Halo 3 as my guilty pleasure ;b Now if we're discussing which game is ideal as a foundation for future Halo games, then that's an entirely different discussion.

For such an intelligent poster Henery, you sure do show your ignorance a lot. Like I said, Halo 3 fans are the worst. EDIT:
Except jem <3

It would be better if you spawned with the pistol drawn. That switch from the AR is so unnecessary.

VinFTW

image.php

Anyways, all this discussion gave me an idea.

If we are going to have a Custom Game Browser, than give us better gametype settings. Let us alter the rate of fire or the damage for each individual weapon for example.

The last Halo 4 (Xbox 360) patch included that, but it was only reserved for 343i. I don't think they actually did something with it.
Halo's strength is in its Custom Games, yet no substantial improvement to matchmaking ever lol. What we do have though are broken fileshare systems and undeniably terrible playlist management; it's a shame, really.
It would be better if you spawned with the pistol drawn. That switch from the AR is so unnecessary.
Yeah for sure, too bad CE's options were so limited though ;'[

If only they could/would add things to the older games like Red X's or an in-game clock (would help with timing). CE's Rocket/Power-Up timing is so important to that game that it's unfair for people who aren't timing to get matched against those who are. There are many unforgiving aspects of CE that I would change today if possible, so it's not a perfect game by any means.

jem0208

More seriously...

The problem I have with the H3 BR isn't that you have to lead shots, it's not the spread or the travel time. The problem is that it doesn't take into account the movement of the player at the time of the shot. Basically, momentum isn't conserved.

In gameplay terms, if I'm strafing in line with someone at the same speed as them, I shouldn't have to lead my shots, no matter the distance. However with H3 you do and it feels weird to me.

I was never certain if this was the case however I just tested it forge and theatre and it is. The BR doesn't take into account your strafe and it feels weird to me.

Sordid

Had a fun night on MCC tonight.

Wonky Menus
screenshot-original2awpto.png

screenshot-original1okpf9.png

I got this screen just as a match started. Does this count as a quit for the stupid quit ban?
screenshot-original3tbj3r.png

Here's something new (for me anyway). I see plenty of host migrations despite 343's 95% dedicated server claim but this is the first host migration I've seen that wasn't in a match...

http://i.imgur.com/8HLwLUC.gifv

'Press B to continue' wouldn't work, I had to restart the whole game. Totally fixed!

Yo 343 someone else did the H3 MLG game types you promised on November 11

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7861-mcc-halo-3-mlg-mapsgametypes/

Hot fix those in to team hardcore thanks.

Also, check out the hoops you've got to jump through to download off that guys file share. Why did 343 include a file share browser in the UI if they're never going to actually implement it?

Trying to download gametypes in MCC is a less enjoyable experience than Gravemind on LASO.

Start up Halo MCC.

Multiplayer >>

Browse Games >>

Select Halo 3 >>

Filter: MLG >>

Sort: player-count + ping, descending >>

Starting Halo 3 MLG Multiflag on The Pit...

Boop. Boop. Boop. Beeeeeep.

Matchmaking
The true enemy of Halo.
by FUNKNOWN iXi
Clip
Art by Wahrer​

Release Date: TBA

BONUS: Preorder now to receive the highly exclusive Opinion Column by jem and The H3 Kids. Starring Tawpgun, Karl, Ramirez and Henery.

I should Kickstart this.

jem0208

Matchmaking
The true enemy of Halo.
by FUNKNOWN iXi
Clip
Art by Wahrer​

BONUS: Preorder now to receive the highly exclusive Opinion Column by jem and The H3 Kids. Starring Tawpgun, Karl, Ramirez and Henery.

I should Kickstart this.

I would back that.

-Ryn

Banned
Matchmaking
The true enemy of Halo.
by FUNKNOWN iXi
Clip
Art by Wahrer​

I should Kickstart this.
Don't make a GAF a promise, if you know you can't keep it

Impala26

Matchmaking
The true enemy of Halo.
by FUNKNOWN iXi
Clip
Art by Wahrer​

I should Kickstart this.

Happy to throw a 5-spot your way to make this a real thing!
:p

Have they revealed the name of the Relic remake yet?

If not, anyone want to take a crack at guessing it?

Gonna say...
Remnant

m23

Everyone should just play Titanfall until Halo 5 releases.

Also, I have been unable to join my friends in MCC since last week. It's not my network since I've been playing other games no problem.

Also, I have been unable to join my friends in MCC since last week. It's not my network since I've been playing other games no problem.

There is a solution to this. Each of you have to start a custom game by yourself and sit in it for a couple minutes, and then it will usually let you join as normal.

Wish I was joking.

I think there are times I believe they do a maintenance, so your friends list goes down for a while, had that this morning. Its up for me! Wanna hit up some H2A games with me and see if it works? GT: Wollveren

Haruko

Tawpgun

Matchmaking
The true enemy of Halo.
by FUNKNOWN iXi
Clip
Art by Wahrer​

I should Kickstart this.

If we vote out jem that opinion column would be GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom