• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Vapors' posts on Baltimore, ISIS in Iraq, the posts on net neutrality and government intervention become clear when you realize he's from Texas. Still, pretty sure he can make a new account. I bet Chettlar is still amongst us in alt form.

Welfare

RIP. We shall never forget you, Vapor.

You shall live on in infamy.

Not once in the time it took him to think of it, or the time it took him making the picture, or when he was making the post, or even when he was hovering over the reply button, he did not think, "Maybe this is a bad idea?"

-Ryn

Banned
Never really knew anything about Vapor's political views (only really ever saw his posts here) but he's always seemed generally cool in HaloGAF. The more you know I guess.

Vapors' posts on Baltimore, ISIS in Iraq, the posts on net neutrality and government intervention become clear when you realize he's from Texas. Still, pretty sure he can make a new account. I bet Chettlar is still amongst us in alt form.

The hecks that supposed to mean >_>.

we're not all gun toting nuke everyone loons

Haloid: Other Whopper

Yeah, I don't mean to kick him while he was down, but, uh... some pretty dumb "opinions" teetering on accusations of the objective were getting thrown around in that thread.

I mean, I didn't like Chettlar but at least I could understand how people tolerated him.

TTUVAPOR on the other hand was a stupid asshole on more levels than one would think possible.

I mean, I'm not racist (even though it's really an issue of classism in the first place, but whatevs), but when was the last time you had a Texan in the room and didn't immediately wonder if they were concealed-carrying, and whether or not that stadium hat with the two beers with it was legitimately sponsored by the NFL? Not to mention you can tell they're coming from a mile away - the musk of barbecue sauce, the clacking of spurred boots. I mean, get a job that doesn't involve tending to cattle, am I right? Seriously though, I have Texan friends - real full-blooded Texans, too - they've got those gas-guzzling Ford trucks with "Impeach Obama" bumper stickers, attend Longhorns games, the full nine yards.

Impala26

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

But seriously though, RE: TTUVAPOR:

Not once in the time it took him to think of it, or the time it took him making the picture, or when he was making the post, or even when he was hovering over the reply button, he did not think, "Maybe this is a bad idea?"

Shit's just dumb. I'd feel bad if not for the fact that it seems like every month or two he causes some small ruckus in OT, so the time has come where it finally bites him in the ass for real.

Madness

Aren't a ton of people freaking out because the military is holding some training exercises in the state? So much so that the governor even told the state guard to keep an eye out on the military? Haha but you're right, shouldn't generalize.

Star Wars Battlefront has no ADS

Interesting. Wonder if people will refuse to play the game or critics will complain that the gunplay feels "dated" because of this. Some people on r/xboxone are actually upset lol

Star Wars: Battlefront seems like the game we all deserve. Super excited for it. Just waiting for E3 before I pre-order games. Prices are going up. Who knows what'll happen come November up here.

Impala26

Star Wars Battlefront has no ADS

Interesting. Wonder if people will refuse to play the game or critics will complain that the gunplay feels "dated" because of this. Some people on r/xboxone are actually upset lol

Reddit? It happened PAGE ONE on the GAF thread:

I´m out.

Sad.

For real? That's a deal-breaker for you?

It really is.

The hell is wrong with people that they can't accept a shooter game without ADS?

EDIT: Elzar setting dat shit straight.

Or

Or

Or

Maybe, the fact that they stuck to their guns (no pun intended) and decided a 'modern mechanic' is not needed in every game, which harkens back to the days where people didn't fucking stand still/or move at a slow pace whilst shooting thier guns.

-Ryn

Banned
No need to dwell on the dead.

oh wait, I forgot I was in the Halo thread. Carry on.
#wedad

Star Wars: Battlefront seems like the game we all deserve. Super excited for it. Just waiting for E3 before I pre-order games. Prices are going up. Who knows what'll happen come November up here.
It's looking really awesome (in more ways than one.

I know they said there wouldn't be space battles but I forget if that's just a launch thing. Have they said if it'll come in future DLC or something?

Reddit? It happened PAGE ONE on the GAF thread:

The hell is wrong with people that they can't accept a shooter game without ADS?
Wait... WAT? How do you... I MEAN WAT!?

This type of attitude is ridiculous. Opinions I know, but how can something so insignificant be a deal breaker?

Go Elzar! Show their butt what's what.

Wait... WAT? How do you... I MEAN WAT!?

This type of attitude is ridiculous. Opinions I know, but how can something so insignificant be a deal breaker?

Go Elzar! Show their butt what's what.

Never mind the ADS, I was appalled that people want to spend $60 + season pass for a battlefield game with a starwars skin mod.

---
but back to halo, anyone wondering what H5's versions of Blood Gulch or Valhalla gonna look like.

Never mind the ADS, I was appalled that people want to spend $60 + season pass for a battlefield game with a starwars skin mod.

---
but back to halo, anyone wondering what H5's versions of Blood Gulch or Valhalla gonna look like.

my mind is trying to picture it, but I can't =/ haha gonna have to sleep on that one.

As promised, this is the range of the Halo CE Pistol (one step closer and I get shot at the end of the video). Funny, you can hear my friend talking smack that you can snipe people across Sidewinder in the background, the damn troll..

Can we please put that shit to rest now? Think about someone strafing too, the CE Pistol is criminally misunderstood ;'[

Yeah, CE pistol range is greatly exaggerated. Far from a sniper lol. Good vid though, someone had to demonstrate.

Source

---

It's time for a snowy version of Blood Gulch/Coagulation, and with slick ice spots like we had on Sidewinder.

-Ryn

Banned

---
Depends on how it plays I suppose. I'm hoping it's not just Battlefield in space but we shall see...
is it gonna have single player? If not then $60 is incredibly lame.

--

I'm always wondering what it will look like. Hopefully it's the glorious semi-forge world Canyon with colors and whatnot that I had hoped H2A's would be.

They should really stop with all that remakes. I want new maps that are fitting the new gameplay. But Zealot was awesome in the beta
Personally I like legacy maps as an idea.
Taking a very popular map and incorporating it into each new game with new twists is always cool. With Bloodgulch for example, I'm hoping that 343 won't just make it bigger or whatever and will instead make a sort of spiritual successor that is designed around all the new gameplay elements while maintaining most of the feel and general look/theme of the original.

Funk spreading the seeds of truth all up in this joint

That one in Halo Online was cool.

Well it's just Avalanche in desert form, but I think a Sidewinder map would work better with sprint/DMR than a Blood Gulch/Valhalla. It's obviously bigger and with the map divided into two sections cross map shooting only happens with map control or on base assault.

On the subject of snowy maps, it'd be neat to see another one set on a planet dealing with the nuclear winter following it being glassed by the Covenant.

dwells

when was the last time you had a Texan in the room and didn't immediately wonder if they were concealed-carrying, and whether or not that stadium hat with the two beers with it was legitimately sponsored by the NFL? Not to mention you can tell they're coming from a mile away - the musk of barbecue sauce, the clacking of spurred boots. I mean, get a job that doesn't involve tending to cattle, am I right? Seriously though, I have Texan friends - real full-blooded Texans, too - they've got those gas-guzzling Ford trucks with "Impeach Obama" bumper stickers, attend Longhorns games, the full nine yards.
I realize this post is parody, but maybe I need to move to Texas. Beer, barbecue sauce, and concealed carry are some of my favorite things.

Fuchsdh

I don't think there is nuclear winter after glassing, the whole planet is basically fried to larva.

He's actually got a point, though. You're bombarding stuff with plasma and turning it to slag. I suppose it's possible it essentially traps and melts particulates (I know jack about plasma interaction with other matter states) but you'd think conventionally you'd be kicking a lot of particulates into the atmosphere and leading to some kind of cooling effect. I dunno if it would be as pronounced as a nuclear winter though, since those models expect massive and widespread firestorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom