• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, while you can buy REQ packs which contain these weapons and attachments pre-installed, you won't be seeing them anywhere near classic BTB or Arena multiplayer. only for Warzone.

They aren't pre order exclusive, you can obtain them in the game by playing or by purchasing REQ packs, but if you reserve (this one in particular is for Best Buy) you get it day one out of the box without trying.

Okay so this is making sense, our classic styled game modes won't have any changes standard weapons for all save for skins ala Halo 4 but warzone is where all of us can have different variants and skins via the REQ system. correct?

I'm cool with that, just hope I don't see any Halo Online "Gold" weapons in Warzone anytime soon.

Mix

Okay so this is making sense, our classic styled game modes won't have any changes standard weapons for all save for skins ala Halo 4 but warzone is where all of us can have different variants and skins via the REQ system. correct?

I'm cool with that, just hope I don't see any Halo Online "Gold" weapons in Warzone anytime soon.

correct. There will be no pay to win stuff in Halo 5 Warzone, or any other mode for that matter. Just straight forward shooting things and earning stuff to shoot things with.

-Ryn

Banned
Hey Granadier it looks like you got your wish after all.
Someone at 343 must be watching.

Please tell me this is fake:
CIP1rpYUsAAv1Cz.jpg

Because if its not, What happened to this assault rifle? why is their a "Energy Bayonet" attached to the AR? Am I fighting space confederates now?!

Thank god its just a variant I'm not forced to use and it does have a nice color scheme. can I just use the color scheme without the dumb bayonet?

Also what the heck is a "Roadout"?
You'll take your weapon attachments with your color scheme and like it!

Hey Batman players, I was curious how your experience is with the game on the Xbone? Does the game perform well? Should I just wait until they come out with the game with all the DLC?

What's your opinion? Cuz the game looks bad ass.

Madness

There is a difference between earning stuff in game and buying it though. Why would anyone buy the deluxe edition if it's super easy to unlock what you get, unless what you get is pure luck like Gjallarhorn etc. And so it makes sense that people would pay.

Hey Batman players, I was curious how your experience is with the game on the Xbone? Does the game perform well? Should I just wait until they come out with the game with all the DLC?

a wee bit of texture pop up, and frame dips for the really busy chase sequences, but nothing game breaking. It's actually a pretty good looking game.

Pick it up now if:

- you loved the other Arkham games
- you love Batman

Wait if:

- $60 and a possible additional $40 seems like too much for right now

There is a difference between earning stuff in game and buying it though. Why would anyone buy the deluxe edition if it's super easy to unlock what you get, unless what you get is pure luck like Gjallarhorn etc. And so it makes sense that people would pay.

That's the point though, isn't it? These items will likely be of a certain rarity (uncommon and higher, or however they choose to rank them) and it's incentive for players to not have to pray to RNGesus. Or am I missing your point and basically agreeing with you? :p

Rock solid performance, boggles my mind with how good this game looks.

The season pass or rather dlc that they have coming doesn't seem to be worth it on paper, I mean all you'll be interested in I assume is story dlc, in that case Bat Girl and one other would be the only interesting thing in that season pass.

a wee bit of texture pop up, and frame dips for the really busy chase sequences, but nothing game breaking. It's actually a pretty good looking game.

Pick it up now if:

- you loved the other Arkham games
- you love Batman

Wait if:

- $60 and a possible additional $40 seems like too much for right now

Thanks man. I hate texture pop in...but I guess it's something I have to deal with if I'm gonna primarily game on console from now on.

The season pass or rather dlc that they have coming doesn't seem to be worth it on paper, I mean all you'll be interested in I assume is story dlc, in that case Bat Girl and one other would be the only interesting thing in that season pass.

Nice info on the dlc. That makes me feel a bit better. I think I might pick it up. Just looks like good fun. The ability to swap between characters if you want sold me on the game. Also, the bat mobile...yesssssss

Dual takedown make my life. Once the Batmobile clicked with me I loved it too. DLC should be interesting, so long as it's more substantial than the stupid Harley and Red Hood ones (the Red Hood pack could have been the greatest thing ever)

CIP1rpYUsAAv1Cz.jpg

Because if its not, What happened to this assault rifle? why is their a "Energy Bayonet" attached to the AR? Am I fighting space confederates now?!

Thank god its just a variant I'm not forced to use and it does have a nice color scheme. can I just use the color scheme without the dumb bayonet?

They accidentally hired Wahrer.

Kibbles

-Ryn

Banned
Now that we can tape a knife to our gun I wonder if there will be more weapon specific assassinations. Still hoping for the katama to return with its own assassinations... and a victory pose where you swoosh and sheathe it.

I like it but man, there's too many visual effects at once. And Ori is a little too small. That game strains my eyes big time.
image.php

I've put in about 5hrs so far and haven't had a single issue aside from two texture pops during interrogation scenes. The game... Is... Gorgeous. The controls are top notch. Driving the Batmobile is way more fun than I thought it would be.

No lag. No stutter. Very smooth. Much eye candy. Wow.

I'm not sure what kind of sorcery they used to make the water effects on his cape look utterly realistic, but holy shit haha...

CIP1rpYUsAAv1Cz.jpg

Even modern Weapons used by military have Bayonet lugs to attach blades for CQB, and really in the halo universe this makes alot of sense with spartans seeing as they do alot of thing up close and personal

It's for Warzone, the skin is only cosmetic and can be used in any multiplayer mode, and we don't know what roadout is all about.
EDIT: and there are others with different traits.
What ever your feelings are for this guy he explains everything pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96YCdAemCaY
Guess he got a preview or something

Even modern Weapons used by military have Bayonet lugs to attach blades for CQB, and really in the halo universe this makes alot of sense with spartans seeing as they do alot of thing up close and personal

What ever your feelings are for this guy he explains everything pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96YCdAemCaY
Guess he got a preview or something

That's a great breakdown. I'm really stoked for Warzone. :D

It kinda boggles my mind that Destiny has almost gone through its 24th OT already. Halo is dad

And it's 99% always on topic too. It's crazy. Love it or hate it, destiny is a juggernaut.

Scrawnton

Hey guys, I just received an Xbox One as a gift for doing some work and I got MCC. I am new to xbox: I already have a PS4 and a Wii U. I used to play Halo a lot back in high school when halo two came out (lan parties and stuff). I am looking for some people to add to my friends list that wouldn't mind occasionally playing halo with someone returning to the franchise after a decade of not playing it.

My gamertag is: AntonHtz

(just for context: I guess they were giving out a free game with a purchase of the MCC bundle so I was gifted batman arkham knight as well. I bought forza horizon 2 when I was surprised with the gift!)

It kinda boggles my mind that Destiny has almost gone through its 24th OT already. Halo is dad

I went in and saw a lot of posts like:

Need 2 for nightfall

Need team for VOG

Heads up xur is selling weapon x this week

So I'm not suprised personally. I certainly haven't seen much of a story/ gameplay breakdown in those posts but haven't looked in there for a long while

Fuchsdh

I went in and saw a lot of posts like:

Need 2 for nightfall

Need team for VOG

Heads up xur is selling weapon x this week

So I'm not suprised personally. I certainly haven't seen much of a story/ gameplay breakdown in those posts but haven't looked in there for a long while

Yeah considering how much of it is wrangling parties it's actually not that surprising. It also seems like based on MMO, RTS, and MOBA communities I've shadowed that "AR vs BR" discussions have nothing on metagame changes in these genres and the passion and posts they generate. I'd put a gun in my mouth if we spent as much time talking about what 32 bullets in the AR versus 36 does when combined with a +1 Bag of Holding while I'm aggro against a strike boss or whatever.

Hey guys, I just received an Xbox One as a gift for doing some work and I got MCC. I am new to xbox: I already have a PS4 and a Wii U. I used to play Halo a lot back in high school when halo two came out (lan parties and stuff). I am looking for some people to add to my friends list that wouldn't mind occasionally playing halo with someone returning to the franchise after a decade of not playing it.

My gamertag is: AntonHtz

(just for context: I guess they were giving out a free game with a purchase of the MCC bundle so I was gifted batman arkham knight as well. I bought forza horizon 2 when I was surprised with the gift!)

Congrats on the purchase, I've added you. Usually down for some Halo whenever I'm on the 1.

And there's no Destiny Lore Thread either. It's all kinda mashed into one thread.

Inb4 the "there is no story in Destiny" comments. There is. And it's fascinating as hell.

Fuchsdh

Inb4 the "there is no story in Destiny" comments. There is. And it's fascinating as hell.

It might be, but what was in the beta and stuff left me completely uninterested. Everything just felt genericized, and this is in comparison with how Halo started out as World of Archetypes. I still found a lot more interesting stuff to explore and ponder in the first game.

It might be, but what was in the beta and stuff left me completely uninterested. Everything just felt genericized, and this is in comparison with how Halo started out as World of Archetypes. I still found a lot more interesting stuff to explore and ponder in the first game.

It's generalized in the game. In the grimoire, however... Completely different layer of things to learn. I group Destiny in with Halo 4 as far as depth goes... There's a shit load of it, but it's buried in external mediums for the hardcore folks to find.

RowdyReverb

It's generalized in the game. In the grimoire, however... Completely different layer of things to learn. I group Destiny in with Halo 4 as far as depth goes... There's a shit load of it, but it's buried in external mediums for the hardcore folks to find.
Can you view those in-game now? I haven't played Destiny since last year

Madness

Dude when Impala and other peeps here wanted to do a single raid, it literally took them 6+ pages just to get people down to possibly raid.

The discussions happening for Destiny are nowhere near as varied as they are here. Sure there is lore talk, gameplay design, etc. But literally pages and pages of posts are asking for partners for so and so, or this weapon is here, this is here. And it's like that for pretty much a lot of PvE style games. I have no doubt a decent chunk of H5 threads or posts will be about grinding so and so REQ card, etc.

I have a little cousin who has put in like 600+ hours into Destiny. He literally doesn't care about any of the story, what kind of music is in the game, anything about gameplay mechanics behind the PvP, he just grinds for gear with a bunch of his elementary friends nonstop. Posts or reads dozens of r/Destiny things, watches the videos.

Don't get me wrong, Destiny is a juggernaut in terms of its player retention and time spent with player, but I don't know, every time I lurk the threads it's more bulletin board-ish listing details of events, so and so weapon, etc.

And there's no Destiny Lore Thread either. It's all kinda mashed into one thread.

I really think the Destiny OT's should be split into two threads, an actual Destiny discussion thread, and an LFG thread. That would help people who actually want to discuss the game like me, be not so intimidated by the speed at which the thread moves.

Madness

Also doesn't help the last Halo release, which was supposed to bring the community back, left it worse off than before MCC was announced. The Destiny peeps have had a solid year of gameplay, 3 expansions etc. Whereas we spent the last 7 months asking is the game working or fixed yet?

Fuchsdh

But, as with Halo, I don't think that gets you off the hook. Halo 4 in totum has a very deep story—but playing through the game character motivations were weak. Having essential elements of character arcs hidden in the Terminals that were not instantly viewable was a major element to weakening the game. I don't think Bungie gets a pass either, especially since they used to be all about giving you plot hooks in the games that kept you interested.

Also doesn't help the last Halo release, which was supposed to bring the community back, left it worse off than before MCC was announced. The Destiny peeps have had a solid year of gameplay, 3 expansions etc. Whereas we spent the last 7 months asking is the game working or fixed yet?

That's a very solid point...

Not the mention the steady stream of information released in between each new content update in Destiny. There are weeks and weeks of drips or absolutely nothing releavatory for Halo.

But, as with Halo, I don't think that gets you off the hook. Halo 4 in totum has a very deep story—but playing through the game character motivations were weak. Having essential elements of character arcs hidden in the Terminals that were not instantly viewable was a major element to weakening the game. I don't think Bungie gets a pass either, especially since they used to be all about giving you plot hooks in the games that kept you interested.

Not giving them a pass at all. I think I come off like I am, but I definitely agree that 343 (and bungie) need to be loud and proud with incorporating the deeper story elements into the mainstream titles. Make it so it's both accessible and ignorable (word?), and let the gamer decide if they want to keep reading / watching or not.

Some of the grimoire stuff would make the Vault of Glass and Crota's End such richer experiences... And freak some people the fuck out over how messed up things actually are.

On the surface, destiny is a loot and toys grind. Below the surface it's really dark science fiction. I want more of the latter to be pumped into the game itself, or at least, make the dang grimoire cards readable inside the same game you unlock them in...

Halo

Impala26

Dude when Impala and other peeps here wanted to do a single raid, it literally took them 6+ pages just to get people down to possibly raid.[/highlight

That's because Mix was being a god-damned flip-flopper consistently!
:p

The discussions happening for Destiny are nowhere near as varied as they are here. Sure there is lore talk, gameplay design, etc. But literally pages and pages of posts are asking for partners for so and so, or this weapon is here, this is here. And it's like that for pretty much a lot of PvE style games...
Don't get me wrong, Destiny is a juggernaut in terms of its player retention and time spent with player, but I don't know, every time I lurk the threads it's more bulletin board-ish listing details of events, so and so weapon, etc.

I really think the Destiny OT's should be split into two threads, an actual Destiny discussion thread, and an LFG thread. That would help people who actually want to discuss the game like me, be not so intimidated by the speed at which the thread moves.

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that this should happen--75 to 80% of the OT right now is LFG or LFG-related posts. Of the remaining about half are community-related inside jokes, lol.

Try to have a discussion about themes in the game, or Marty's music in there. G'head I dare ya!

HALO

They already tried it :p. It didn't work lol, people just posted in the original OT and ignored the LFG one.

Karl2177

That's because Mix was being a god-damned flip-flopper consistently!
:p

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that this should happen--75 to 80% of the OT right now is LFG or LFG-related posts. Of the remaining about half are community-related inside jokes, lol.

Try to have a discussion about themes in the game, or Marty's music in there. G'head I dare ya!

HALO
Better than this place.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
On a positive note, same-sex marriage is legal
it always was
nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom